Automobiles - Passenger Cars
|Market Cap||1,97,591 Cr||EPS||93.2||High||1606.6|
|Stock P/E||17.0||Net Profit Margin||10.2||Low||1582|
|Market Cap||1,97,591 Cr||ROE||16.2%|
|P/B Ratio||3.3||Dividend Yield||1.0%|
|Industry P/E||26.9||Book Value||479.2|
About the Company
Mahindra & Mahindra Limited (M&M) was established on October 2, 1945 when K.C. Mahindra visited the United States of America as Chairman of the India Supply Mission. The Mahindra brothers joined hands with a distinguished gentleman called Ghulam Mohammed. And, Mahindra & Mohammed was set up as a franchise for assembling jeeps from Willys, USA.
Mahindra & Mahindra began its journey commenced with getting into the steel business, and over time, it’s expanded to various key industries. A need for change in the agricultural practices pushed it to foray into that sector right before the agriculture revolution began in India. It became one of the key torch-bearers of the IT revolution in the country. Its focus lies in developing alternate energy sources because the energy conservation will play a huge role in ensuring a better future - for not just country and communities, but the entire world.
The Ordinary (Equity) shares of the company are listed on the National Stock Exchange of India Limited (NSE), the BSE Limited (BSE) in India. The Global Depository Receipts (GDRs) (underlying equity shares) of the Company are listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange and are also admitted for trading on International Order Book (IOB) of the London Stock Exchange.
Business area of the company
M&M is mainly involved in the automobile manufacturing. It is one of the leading auto companies of India.
Products and services provided by the company
- Agri Industry
- Clean Energy
- Construction Equipment
- Farm Equipment
- Information Technology
- Insurance Broking
- Power Backup
- Real Estate & Infrastructure
- Rural Housing Finance
- Two Wheelers
- Trucks & Buses
- Vehicle & Equipment Finance
- The Nashik Plant of Automotive Sector was awarded the prestigious Platinum 1st Runner Up Award.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Auto Sector's Zaheerabad plant has won the First Prize in the National Energy Conservation Awards - 2007.
- Mahindra & Mahindra was honoured with the Pegasus Corporate Social Responsibility Gold Award.
- Mahindra Powerol has won the prestigious 'VOICE OF CUSTOMER' award.
- Mr. Bharat Doshi, Executive Director & Group CFO, M&M, received the CFO of the Year award.
- Mahindra & Mahindra has been awarded as the organization with the “Best Automotive Manufacturing Supply Chain Excellence”.
- Mr. Arvind Tawde, Sr. VP and CIO, Mahindra & Mahindra, received the CTO of the Year 2007 award.
- Mahindra & Mahindra has been honored with the coveted Bombay Chamber Good Corporate Citizen Award 2006-07.
- The Institute of Economic Studies (IES), New Delhi, has awarded the 'Udyog Rattan'.
- M&M has won the Security Strategist Award 2007.
- Mahindra Lifespaces has been honoured as the Best Developer in the Best Transparent Systems category at the recently held CNBC Awaaz - CRISIL Real Estate Awards.
- Mahindra & Mahindra was awarded the prestigious SAP ACE 2007.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Farm Equipment Sector has won an AE50 Outstanding Innovation Award 2007. 'Golden Peacock Occupational Health & Safety Award' for the year 2007 and many more.
- Mahindra Reva receives CII Design Excellence award.
- Keshub Mahindra honoured with ASSOCHAM Lifetime Achievement Award.
- 1945: On October 2nd, 'Mahindra & Mohammed' is set up by brothers, JC and KC Mahindra along with Ghulam Mohammed.
- 1945: M&M begins steel trading.
- 1947: 75 Jeeps come in from Willys Overland Export Corporation, USA in CKD condition; assembly of which commences at Mazagon, Bombay.
- 1948: Ghulam Mohammed moves to Pakistan post partition and goes on to become the country's first Finance Minister. Mahindra & Mohammed subsequently changes its name to Mahindra & Mahindra.
- 1950: 5,000 tons of steel is sourced for building wagons.
- 1955: On June 15, 1955, the company announces going public and in 1956, its shares are listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange.
- 1961: Mahindra joins hands with the US manufacturer of agricultural machinery, construction equipment, trucks, automobiles, and household and commercial products, for the manufacture of tractors.
- 1962: M&M and Ugine Kuhlmann, France, come together to form MUSCO, a Joint Venture, to manufacture alloy steel.
- 1963: After the demise of co-founder, KC Mahindra, Keshub Mahindra becomes the second Chairman of M&M Ltd.
- 1963: ITCI formed.
- 1965: Mahindra shuts down the factory in Mazgaon and establishes a plant in Kandivali to consolidate its operations for the manufacture of UVs and tractors.
- 1977: The very successful International Tractor Company of India merges with M&M and becomes its tractor division.
- 1979: M&M receives a license from Automobiles Peugeot France to manufacture XDP 4.90 diesel engines. The assembly of Peugeot engines commences in Ghatkopar.
- 1983: Mahindra becomes the largest selling tractor brand in India, and it’s holding the position for three decades now.
- 1986: Mahindra enters the telecom IT services space through Mahindra British Telecom, a joint venture with British Telecom, UK -the company that later became 'Tech Mahindra'.
- 1991: Maxi Motors Financial Services Limited. Name was changed to Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Limited and Fresh Certificate of Incorporation was received.
- 1993: Mahindra Steel Service Centre Limited is formed in association with Mitsubishi Corporation and Nisho Iwai Corporation of Japan.
- 1994: Mahindra Group reorganises into six Strategic Business Units: Automotive, Farm Equipment, Financial Services, IT, Infrastructure Development Services and Steel Trading.
- 1994: Mahindra USA is born
- 1996: The first holiday resort opens in Munnar, Kerala.
- 1996: Project Nanhi Kali initiated.
- 1997: UWC, one of 15 in the world, is inaugurated by Queen Noor of Jordan in Pune, Maharashtra.
- 1997: Anand Mahindra becomes Managing Director.
- 1999: Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd., which began operations in 1995, becomes a subsidiary of M&M. The company plays a major role in financing Mahindra's UVs.
- 2000: The millennium year sees the unveiling of a new and visually dynamic group logo, which signifies the road ahead.
- 2000: Mahindra Bolero launched.
- 2002: Mahindra World City, India’s first integrated township, is inaugurated.
- 2002: Mahindra Scorpio launched.
- 2003: Mahindra tractors wins the prestigious Deming Prize.
- 2004: The Mahindra Group acquires a majority stake in Bristlecone Inc.
- 2004: Mahindra Systems & Automotive Technologies (MSAT) Sector is set up.
- 2004: Major milestone for Mahindra tractors.
- 2005: Mahindra enters China.
- 2005: Mahindra and Renault tie up.
- 2005: Mahindra and ITEC tie up.
- 2007: Mahindra Pride Schools begin empowering young people (Employability with Empathy and Emotion).
- 2008: Aftermarket sector formed.
- 2008: Mahindra enters the two wheelers business.
- 2008: Automotive facility opens in Chakan, Pune.
- 2009: Mahindra enters Aerospace.
- 2010: Mahindra Satyam sponsors FIFA World Cup.
- 2010: Mahindra acquires Reva Electric Vehicles.
- 2010: Mahindra Blues, India’s biggest blues music festival, launched.
- 2012: Mahindra Research Valley in Chennai inaugurated.
- 2012: Mahindra Reva Factory recognized.
- 2013: Tech Mahindra and Mahindra Satyam merge.
- 2013: Mahindra Reva lauded globally.
- 2014: Mahindra enters FIA Formula E Championship.
- 2015: Milestone year for record number of launches.
- 2015: Multiple acquisitions signal a global charge.
- 2016: Mahindra Racing comes first at FIM MotoGP.
- 2016: Mahindra acquires Sampo Rosenlew.
- 2018: The Iconic Jawa comes back to India.
- 2019: Mahindra unveils the Pininfarina Battista, the world's 1st Electric Hypercar.
|Parent Organization||Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.||Managing Director||Anish Shah|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|