About the Company
Lux Industries Limited was incorporated in 1995 and has emerged as one of the largest players in the hosiery business. The company has more than many products across various brands to address the growing need of customers. With focus on growing exclusive retail outlets and in providing customers with a seamless buying experience, the company’s products are available in many retail points spread across India. Lux exports too many countries across the globe.
Over the years, Lux Innerwear has built an enduring brand image in the hosiery market. With the rapid growth that the company has been experiencing, in both sales and profits, constantly expanding and innovating products and production techniques while maintaining an uncompromising stance on comfort.
Business area of the company
The company is primarily engaged in the manufacturing and sales of knitwears. The company has operations in India and caters to both domestic and international markets.
- Men’s wear
- Women’s wear
- Kid’s wear
- 2012-13: Asia’s Most Promising Brand in 2012-13
- 2013-14: Master Brand in 2013-14
- 2014-15: Master Brand in 2014-15
- 2014-15: The Admired Brand of India in 2014-15
- 2015: The World’s Greatest Brands & Leaders in 2015
- 2016: Asia's Greatest Brands in 2016
- 2017-18: Asia’s Most Admired Brands in & Leaders 2017-18
- 2018: India’s best brand of the year award 2018
- 2019: India’s Power Brand, 2019
- 2019: India’s Most Admired Brand, 2019
- 2019: India’s Most Trusted Brand, 2019
- 2019: Asia’s Most Trusted Brand, 2019
- 1992: The first television ad, “Ye Andar Ki Baat Hai”, featuring Sunny Deol was launched. It was an instant success, as it became viral among television viewers across India and also gave Lux Industries Limited a new recognition among other key players in the market.
- 1993: Lux Industries spread its market presence beyond the borders of India as it began exporting its products to global markets such as Middle East, Africa & Europe. In the span of a few years, the company has gained a strong foothold in the global hosiery arena and increased its global exports by over 60%.
- 1994: In 1994, Lux Industries Limited became the first company in the hosiery segment to hold a conference for its dealers. The conference was organised to discuss business strategies and future plans for the company.
- 1995: Biswanath Hosiery was incorporated into Lux Industries Limited under the leadership of Mr. Ashok Todi and Mr. Pradeep Todi. Lux Industries Limited became the mother company and started marketing its products under the brand name, ‘Lux’, throughout the hosiery market.
- 1998: Towards the end of the 20th century, Lux Industries Limited started developing its offices throughout the nation. In 1998, the first office in the capital of the nation, Delhi, was established.
- 2000: By the beginning of the 21st century, Lux had become a household name in the nation and one of the most popular brands in the hosiery segment. In 2000, Sunny Deol was signed on as the face of the brand. Since then, he has continued to be the brand ambassador.
- 2001: The company further proved its brand value and importance in the market by incorporating Lux Industries Limited as a public limited company in 2001.
- 2003: The public listing of the company, in 2001, was closely followed by the launch of the Lux IPO,in 2003. It was massively oversubscribed due to the past growth and the future potential of the company.
- 2009: With consistent consumer satisfaction, Lux Industries witnessed a positive growth of over 100% in just 20 years. Well known for providing premium and comfort innerwear, the quality of its products have been recognised by the top standardization bodies and authorities.
- 2010: Following years of success, the company reached another milestone in its journey, as Shahrukh Khan became a part of the Lux family as the brand ambassador for ONN. His presence has added immense value and popularity to the brand.
- 2013: In the sixth season of the Indian Premier League, an immensely popular club cricket tournament, Lux became the comfort partner of two of the most popular teams, Kings XI Punjab and Pune Warriors India. This strengthened the brand image and recall in the minds of consumers, adding immense value to the brand.
- 2014: Strengthening the association with Bollywood fraternity, Lux Cozi signed up to be the title sponsor of the 14th edition of Zee Cine Awards, world’s biggest viewer’s choice awards. It was seen by over 700 million viewers across 168 countries.
- 2015: 1st December, 2015 is the day to remember in the history of Lux when they officially listed their shares on the prestigious National Stock Exchange (NSE) and added another milestone in their successful journey.
- 2016: The year 2016 mark significant importance as after getting successful response at National Stock Exchange, Lux Industries Limited crossed another landmark in their expedition by listing their shares on Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
- 2017: Lux Industry signed the heartthrob of Young India - Varun Dhawan, as their new Brand Ambassador for its mother brand LUX Cozi. A new slogan “Suno Toh Apne Dil Ki” was also released to relate the brand with the youth fraternity of the country.
- 2018: Lux industries achieve another first in hosiery industry as they launched the megastar of Bollywood, Sri Amitabh Bachchan as the brand ambassador for its brands Venus with a brand new TVC.
- 2019: Launched India’s first scented vest under brand Lux Cozi. Launched One8 brand. Kartik Aaryan was on-boarded as brand ambassador for Lux Inferno and Tapasee Pannu for Lyra. Launched Lux Nitro, a casual wear product line.
|Parent Organization||Lux Industries Ltd.||Managing Director||Pradip Kumar Todi|