About the Company
Incorporated in 1989, LIC Housing Finance Ltd is one of the largest Housing Finance Companies in India with a key objective of providing long term finance to individuals for the purchase or construction of house/flat for residential purposes in India. LIC Housing Finance also provides finance on existing property for business/ personal needs and also gives loans to professionals for purchase/construction of Clinics/Nursing Homes/ Diagnostic Centers/ Office Space and also for purchase of equipment. The company also provides finance to builders and developers engaged in the business of construction of houses or flats for residential purpose and to be sold by them.
The company went public in 1994 and since then its stocks are listed and actively traded on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange Limited (BSE). LIC Housing Finance is amongst the pioneers in India ensuring access to housing finance for home ownership. With a strong business foundation, an extensive distribution network and proven industry expertise, LIC HFL is a respected and trusted financial services company.
Business area of the company
LIC Housing Finance is one of the largest Housing Finance Company in India. The main objective of the company is providing long term finance to individuals for purchase or construction of house or flat for residential purpose / repair and renovation of existing flat / houses.
Services & Products offered by the company
- Housing loan
- Other Home loan products
- Special offers
Corporate/ Projects Loans
- Builders/ Developers
- Loan against property
- Loan against securities
- Loans to professional
- Loan against property for companies
- Loan under rental securitizations
Awards & Accolades
- Received Data Quality Award by Transunion CIBIL in the Housing Finance Company category at the TU CIBIL Annual Conference 2019.
- Awarded the ‘Best Housing Finance Company’ at the National Real Estate Congress Leadership & Awards 2019.
- Listed as ‘The Outperforming Housing Finance Company 2019’ by Outlook Business
- Awarded Best Private Issuer 2019 on Electronic Bidding Platform by National Stock Exchange
- Featured in the Top 10 Most Consistent Wealth Creators according to the ‘Motilal Oswal 24th Annual Wealth Creation Study, 2019’.
- 1989: Incorporated LICHFL; Lending commences from first office in Delhi.
- 1994: Launched IPO of Rs 120 crore.
- 2002: Set up Dubai office, marking first overseas presence
- 2004: Loan portfolio crosses Rs 10,000 crore
- 2004: $29 million GDR issue; First HFC to do GDR issue oversubscribe
- 2009: QIP of $135 million oversubscribed 6 times
- 2015: Loan portfolio crosses Rs 1,00,000 crore
- 2017: Crossed Rs 1,50,000 crore in assets
- 2018: Profiled in India’s Leading BFSI Companies 2018 by Dun & Bradstreet
- 2019: Crossed Rs 2,00,000 crore in assets.
- 2020: LIC Housing Finance identifies 14 projects for alternative investment fund
- 2020: LIC Housing Finance launches Project RED to improve efficiencies
|Parent Organisation||LIC Housing Finance Ltd.||Managing Director||Y Viswanatha Gowd|