Pharmaceuticals & Drugs
|Market Cap||20,937 Cr||EPS||10.5||High||391.3|
|Stock P/E||37.1||Net Profit Margin||2.4||Low||384.3|
|Market Cap||20,937 Cr||ROE||21.6%|
|P/B Ratio||5.2||Dividend Yield||0.5%|
|Industry P/E||40.6||Book Value||75.3|
About the Company
The company was originally incorporated as Laurus Labs Private Limited on September 19, 2005 at Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India as a private limited company under the Companies Act, 1956. The company was subsequently converted into a public limited company and its name was changed to Laurus Labs Limited and a fresh certificate of incorporation consequent upon change of name on conversion to a public limited company was issued by the Registrar of Companies, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, located at Hyderabad (RoC) on February 12, 2007. Subsequently the name of the company was changed to Aptuit Laurus Limited and a fresh certificate of incorporation consequent upon change of name was issued by the RoC on July 19, 2007. Thereafter, the cmpany was converted into a private limited company and its name was changed to Aptuit Laurus Private Limited and a fresh certificate of incorporation consequent upon change of name on conversion to a private limited company was issued by the RoC on July 24, 2007. Subsequently the name of the company was changed to Laurus Labs Private Limited and a fresh certificate of incorporation consequent upon change of name was issued by the RoC on February 21, 2012. The company was converted into a public limited company and the name of the company was changed to Laurus Labs Limited and a fresh certificate of incorporation consequent upon change of name on conversion to a public limited company was issued by the RoC on August 16, 2016.
Laurus Labs Limited is a public company domiciled in India and is incorporated under the provisions of the Companies Act applicable in India. Its shares are listed on two recognised stock exchanges in India. Laurus Labs develop innovative medicines that greatly improve health outcomes for patients with an unremitting focus on quality and affordability. It works with all the top generic pharmaceutical companies in the world. The company sells its APIs in many countries. Its major focus areas include anti-retroviral, Hepatitis C and Oncology drugs. Continuous innovation is the lifeblood of its business. Therefore, it undertake dedicated R&D in areas that have significant growth potential. The company has commercialised various products since inception across three distinct business units: Generics API, Generics FDF and Synthesis.
Business area the company
Laurus Labs offers broad and integrated portfolio of Active Pharma Ingredients (API) including intermediates, Generic Finished dosage forms (FDF) and Contract Research services to cater to the needs of the global pharmaceutical industry.
- Generics API
- Generics FDF
- Laurus wins ‘API Supplier of the Year’ Award- Laurus Labs has been named as the ‘API Supplier of the Year- 2017’ at the Global Generics and Biosimilars Awards. These awards recognize companies that implement best practices in the global pharmaceutical industry.
- National Safety Award- Laurus Labs received the prestigious National Safety Award for best safety performance from DGFASLI, Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
- Laurus Labs certified as ‘Great Place to Work’ for the year 2018- Laurus Labs has been certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’, in the large-sized organization category in India, in the 2018 edition of Great Place to Work - a study by the Great Place to Work Institute. It is an important step for the organisation in its journey to build a high-trust, high performance culture.
- Best Work Places- Laurus Labs is recognised as one of the Best Work Places in Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals & Health Care sectors for the year 2018.
- Express Pharma Excellence Award 2019- Laurus Labs received the Indian Express Pharma Excellence Award 2019.
- Global Generics and Biosimilars API Supplier of the Year Award- Laurus Labs won the Global Generics and Biosimilars API Supplier of the Year award. The award was presented by Generics Bulletin - in association with IQVIA - at the Palacio Municipal de Congresos, Madrid on October 9, 2018.
- IconSWM Excellence Award 2018 Laurus Labs received the ‘IconSWM Excellence Award 2018’ for the excellence shown in Resource-efficient Industry. IconSWM stands for International Conference on Sustainable Waste Management. 8th IconSWM conference organised with the collaboration of the Andhra Pradesh government.
- National Safety Award- The company (Unit 1 and Unit 3) won the prestigious National Safety Award for best safety performance for 2017 from DGFASLI, Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
- Pharmexcil Award- Laurus Labs the Pharmexcil Outstanding Export Performance Award 2018 -19.
- Great Place to Work- Laurus Labs was certified as Great Place to Work for the second consecutive year in 2019-20.
- Fortune 500 Company- Laurus Labs continue to feature in the Fortune 500 Companies List in India since 2017.
- Set up API manufacturing facility Unit-I at Visakhapatnam
- Secured investment from Aptuit Singapore of Rs 1.02 billion
- Executed manufacturing and services agreements with three multinational companies
- Commenced operations at its R&D Centre
- Filed its first-ever Drug Master File
- Commenced operations at Unit-I
- Supplied company’s first product to the US
- DSIR recognised its R&D Centre
- Commercialised four nutritional fine chemicals
- Launched first product in Europe
- Entered into a license agreement with an international organisation and a multinational company to manufacture and sell its products in the ARV segment
- Received USFDA, TGA and UK MHRA certification for the Unit 1, Vishakhapatnam
- Received USFDA and KFDA certification for its R&D Centre
- Received KFDA certification for Unit 1
- Secured investment of INR 490 million from FIL Capital Management and FIP through primary investment and
- Secondary acquisition of Aptuit’s majority stake along with additional investments by one of its promoters
- Crossed Rs 10 billion in revenues
- Received WHO approval for Unit-I
- Acquired 135 acres in Visakhapatnam for expansion
- Received an investment of Rs 3000 million from Bluewater
- Commenced construction of Unit 2
- Incorporated Laurus Inc. in Delaware, US as a wholly-owned subsidiary
- Commenced commercial operations at Unit 3, Visakhapatnam
- Acquired 27% stake in Sriam Labs Private Limited, Hyderabad
- Successful inspection by WHO, NIP Hungary and US FDA for Unit 1 and Unit 3 manufacturing sites
- Successful USFDA inspection of the kilo-lab facility at its R&D Centre
- Received approval from BfArM Germany for Unit 2 at Vishakhapatnam
- Crossed Rs 15 billion in revenues
- Filed first ANDA with the USFDA and first dossier with the WHO
- Successful USFDA inspection of Unit 1, 2 & 3 API manufacturing facilities with no critical observations. (Unit 2 has no 483 observations)
- Successful WHO inspection of Units 1, 2 & 3
- Successful BGV Hamburg (German Regulatory Authority) inspection of Unit 2 (FDF) with no critical or major observations
- Crossed INR 20 billion of revenue. Commenced commercial operations from Unit 4.
- Incorporated a subsidiary in Germany.
- Unit 2-Formulations, inspected by USFDA with Zero 483 observations.
- Launched maiden FDF product Tenofovir in USA, Canada and emerging markets.
- Certified as Great Place to Work for the year 2018.
- Unit 6 - EIR Received from USFDA
- Entered into Strategic partnership with Global Fund for 3.5 years.
- Executed a major tender order and delivered ahead of schedule
- Executed highest on-time delivery in FDF orders.
- Maiden EIR received for Unit 4
- Incorporated Laurus Synthesis Pvt. Ltd
- Acquired assets of an API Unit in Vizag
- Acquired Aspen’s South Africa Subsidiary - Laurus Generics SA(PTY) Limited
- Incorporated Laurus Ingredients Pvt. Ltd. A Wholly Owned step down subsidiary of Laurus Synthesis Pvt. Ltd.
- Acquisition of 72.55% stake in Richcore Life Sciences Pvt Ltd (Laurus Bio)
|Parent Organization||Laurus Labs Ltd.||Managing Director|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|