About the Company
Karnataka Bank Ltd., a leading 'A' Class Scheduled Commercial Bank in India, was incorporated on February 18th, 1924 at Mangaluru, a coastal town of Dakshina Kannada district in Karnataka State. The bank took shape in the aftermath of patriotic zeal that engulfed the nation during the freedom movement of 20th Century India. Over the years the Bank grew with the merger of Sringeri Sharada Bank Ltd., Chitradurga Bank Ltd. and Bank of Karnataka. Presently, it has emerged as a leading financial service institution in India.
Business area of the bank
Personal Banking- Under this Karnataka Bank offers wide range of products and services such as saving accounts, deposit scheme, home loans, education loans, debit card, mobile banking, internet banking and many more. Corporate Banking- It offers spectrum of services to its corporates client such as working capital finance, term loans, Infrastructure finance and other services. For its insurance services it has a tie up with Metlife India Insurance Company and Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company. It also provides RTGS and Money Transfer Facility to its NRI clients through Western Union Money Transfer.
- Karnataka Bank Bags MSME Banking Excellence Awards 2015'. -'Karnataka Bank Bags Four Assocham Social Banking Excellence Awards'. -'Karnataka Bank introduced one more new technology based facility 'Online Account Opening'. -Karnataka Bank bags IBA Banking Technology Award. -'Karnataka Bank Launches 'Cash Back Campaign' on VISA Debit Cards'. -Karnataka Bank launches anti-tobacco campaign as part of CSR. - 'Karnataka Bank bags CFBP Jamnalal Bajaj Awards 2015'. -'Karnataka Bank bags IDRBT Banking Technology Award'. -'Karnataka Bank launches 'KBL POS MANAGER' Android Mobile App for its POS (EDC) Merchants'.
- ASSOCHAM Social Banking Excellence Award 2017 under the category “Overall Best Social Bank for Small Bank Class”, received on 17-02-2018.
- ET NOW BFSI (Banking Financial Services & Insurance) Awards, 2018 under the categories ‘Bank with more Rural Branch expansion’ and ‘Bank with leading Financial Inclusion initiatives’, received on 14-02-2018.
- Award for achieving 100% Branch activation of the social security scheme Atal Pension Yojana, in the ‘Atal Pension Yojana, People First Campaign - Uttar Pradesh’, organized by PFRDA, received on 06-02-2018.
- 'Best Financial Services & Foreign Exchange Earner in Southern Region’ award for the year 2016-17 under GOLD Category, instituted by FIEO, received on 18-01-2018.
- ASSOCHAM India - SMEs Excellence Award 2017, for rendering Excellent Service in SME Sector under Private Sector category, instituted by ASSOCHAM, India, received on 14-12-2017.
- Appreciation certificate “Impactful Financial Inclusion through Innovations & Process” for the bank’s contribution in the Financial Inclusion space, instituted jointly by Union Bank of India and CNBC TV18, received on 05-12-2017.
- ‘Bank with Best Technology Orientation” and “Best Corporate Social Responsibility Practices” awards instituted by ET NOW – World BFSI Congress, received on 14-02-2019.
- Award in Atal Pension Yojana “Perform for Pride” Campaign under Branch Category, conducted by PFRDA, received on 11-02-2019.
- Award in Atal Pension Yojana “Lead to Leap Award” Campaign, conducted by PFRDA, received on 16-11-2018.
- ASSOCHAM SMEs Excellence Award – 2018, under “Excellent Service (Private Sector)” category, instituted by ASSOCHAM, received on 24-10-2018.
- Award in Atal Pension Yojana “Winners Arts of Possible” Campaign 2018-19, conducted by PFRDA, received on 05-10-2018.
- Award in Atal Pension Yojana “Winners of Winning Wednesday” Campaign under Branch Category, conducted by PFRDA, received on 05-10-2018.
- Award in Atal Pension Yojana “Winners of Winning Wednesday” Campaign under RO Category, conducted by PFRDA, received on 05-10-2018.
- Best Performing Bank award in the Atal Pension Yojana ‘People First’ campaign at Tamilnadu for 100% Branch Activation of APY scheme, conducted by PFRDA, received on 06-08-2018.
- Best Performing Bank award in the Atal Pension Yojana ‘Icons of Inspiration’ Campaign held from 14-03-2018 to 31-03-2018, conducted by PFRDA, received on 06-08-2018.
- ‘Best MSME Bank Award - Runner Up’ instituted by Chamber of Indian Micro Small & Medium Enterprises [CIMSME], received on 20-07-2018.
- Best MSME offering under Private Sector category in ASSOCHAM 7th National MSMEs Excellence Awards, instituted by ASSOCHAM, received on 30-01-2020.
- Third Best Performed Bank award at National Level under Old Private Sector Bank Category for the year 2018-2019, instituted by State Forum of Bankers’ Clubs, Kerala, received on 15-12-2019.
- ET Business Excellence Award 2019, in the category “Excellence in Banking Service” received on 19-09-2019.
- STP Award 2018: In recognition of Bank’s outstanding payment formatting and straight-through rate, instituted by Bank of New York, Mellon.
- Bank’s in-house magazine ‘ABHYUDAYA ‘- awarded as the Best In House Magazine in the National Awards for Marketing Excellence presented by Business Television India (BTVI).
- Bank bags Atal Pension Yojana “Game Changers” award instituted by PFRDA on 01-07-2019, for achieving 100% of AAPB target for the FY 2018-19.
- Karnataka Best Employer Brand Awards 2020.
|Parent Organization||The Karnataka Bank Ltd.||Managing Director||Sekhar Rao|