About the Company
Pioneering the concept of having an integrated rice manufacturing facility, KRBL Limited is a globally renowned manufacturer and seller of basmati and non-basmati rice products under its flagship brand India Gate and other celebrated brands such as Unity, Doon, Nur Jahan and Bemisal among others. The company’s scale and focus on execution mean that it can provide its clients and consumers with the best value in terms of quality and cost as well as the most exciting and innovative products. Further, the company evolved in a multi-segment rice player with its foray into the health food segment and introduced a wide range of health food products such as India Gate Basmati Brown Rice, India Gate Non-Basmati Brown Rice, Chia seeds, Flax seeds and Quinoa.
The company is equally committed to enhancing its capacities and introducing the latest milling techniques to the basmati industry. The result has been equally rewarding-having the largest installed capacity in the industry with quality certifications to ensure satisfaction to both the buyers and the eventual consumers. Today, the company’s flagship brand India Gate is recognized both in India and abroad with strong presence and impressive market share. It has earned respect and patronage amongst consumers and retailers over the years and today it’s a matter of pride to be the preferred brand amongst global households. It has its two manufacturing facilities spread across the states of Uttar Pradesh (Gautam Budh Nagar) and Punjab (Dhuri). The four state-of-the-art grading, sorting, and packaging facilities of KRBL are located at Sonipat, Gautam Budh Nagar, Dhuri, and Alipur.
Business area of the company
The company, the largest integrated rice miller of the country, is one of the major producers of rice products (both basmati and non-basmati rice). Further the company is engaged in the production of milling by-products like bran oil, furfural, rice bran, and de-oiled cakes. Besides rice and agri products, it is also engaged in the business of power generation. The company’s energy division comprises power generation from wind turbines, solar power plants and rice husk-based (biomass) power plants. This strategy helps the company meet its power requirement from captive sources and reduce dependency on external sources while maximising returns from the non-core operations.
- 1996: KRBL was awarded the ‘Super Star Trading House’ for its increasing export success.
- 1997: Agricultural and Processed Foods Exports Development Authority (APEDA) award for the largest exporter of Basmati rice.
- 1998-99: APEDA award for the largest exporter of Basmati rice.
- 1999-2000: KRBL was awarded ‘Largest and Best exporter’ award, by the Govt. of U.P, India.
- 2000: APEDA award for the largest exporter of Basmati rice.
- 2000-01: APEDA award for the largest exporter of Basmati rice.
- 2002: Le livre Guinness des records for the world’s biggest kabsa, Bahrain.
- 2002-03: Awarded Golden trophy by FIEO for export excellence.
- 2002-03: APEDA award for the largest exporter of Basmati rice.
- 2002-03: APEDA export award 2002-03 for export promotion & quality.
- 2004-05: APEDA award for the largest exporter of Basmati rice.
- 2005: KRBL earned recognition of a Four Star Export House.
- 2005: ‘MERA BRAND’, by Consumer World Awards as India’s most preferred brand.
- 2006: INDIASTAR 2006 for excellence in Packaging in India.
- 2006-07: APEDA for the largest exporter of Basmati rice.
- 2007-08: CONCOR ‘Best Exporter’ award in the north-central region.
- 2007-08: APEDA Award, Golden Trophy, for the largest exporter of Basmati rice.
- 2008: MERA BRAND’, by ConsumerWorld Awards as India’s most preferred brand.
- 2008: PFFCASTAR for excellence in packaging for India Gate Window Metallized Pack with Mat Finish.
- 2008-09: APEDA Award, Golden Trophy, for the largest exporter of Basmati rice.
- 2015: NAAS India, Silver Jubilee Award for the Basmati rice trade development in India.
- 2016: Guinness World Records for the world’s heaviest bag of rice, UAE.
Key events and milestones
- 1889: KRBL started its journey at Lyallpur, Pakistan.
- 1890 to 1990: Shifted focus from oil, wheat and cotton to rice production. Also shifted base from Lyallpur to Lahori Gate, Delhi.
- 1992: Established KRBL’s first state-of-the-art basmati processing plant at Gautam Budh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh.
- 1993: Registered as a Public Limited Company.
- 1995: KRBL got listed at BSE, Delhi Stock Exchange and Ahmedabad Stock Exchange.
- 1998: Received ISO-9002 certification for the Alipur, Delhi plant.
- 1998: KRBL entered the Indian FMCG market with India Gate and Doon as its rice brands.
- 2001: Received ISO9002 certification for the Gautam Budh Nagar Plant, Uttar Pradesh.
- 2003: KRBL is the first Indian company to receive FDI approval in the Indian rice industry.
- 2004: Received the HACCP & SQF certification.
- 2004: Set up KRBL’s processing, grading, and packaging facility at Dhuri, Punjab.
- 2006: KRBL issued depositary receipts (DR) worth $ 12 million.
- 2006: KRBL entered into wind power business.
- 2009: Crossed the Rs 1,000 crore revenue landmark.
- 2013: Crossed the Rs 2,000 crores revenue landmark.
- 2013: KRBL entered into solar power business.
- 2016: Received the Halal certification for its manufacturing facilities.
- 2016: KRBL set up its fourth facility at Haryana.
- 2017: Strengthened KRBL’s energy portfolio with total capacity of 112.25 MW in wind power, 15 MW in solar projects and 17.59 MW in biomass.
- 2017: KRBL’s rice mill and processing unit received certification for complying with SOP for export of rice products to China and the US.
- 2019-2020: Crossed the Rs 4,000 crore revenue landmark.
- 2019-2020: Trademark registration of its flagship brand ‘INDIA GATE’ registered on August 12, 2019 with a user claim since January 01, 1979.
- 2019-2020: A moment of pride for the company, as KRBL got featured on Discovery Channel in Flagship series ‘Inside Out’ ‘God of Grains’.
|Parent Organisation||KRBL Ltd.||Managing Director||Anil Kumar Mittal|