About the Company
KPR Mill Limited is one of the largest vertically integrated, public limited – listed company with diversified business focus spanning across Yarn, Fabrics, Garments and White Crystal Sugar. The company has earned a great deal of experience of many years to produce an indelible mark in the textile landscape. Manufacturing an impressive product range of textile varieties such as Readymade Knitted Apparel; Fabrics; Compact, Melange, Carded, Polyster and Combed Yarn, the company reaches out to global customers with diligence, superior quality and delivery excellence.
The company’s sustained growth is attributable to the determined team efforts with long term perspectives. The urge for quality, commitment coupled with societal development and strive towards excellence in all their activities secured a prominent place for KPR in the Textile Arena. This impeccable drive continuously awards KPR the titles such as 'one of the Top 500 Listed Corporate' and 'Top 100 CEOs in India. The company has installed high-tech quality control and testing equipment such as Uster Tester-5, Uster HVI 1000 Spectrum, Uster AFIS Pro-2, Uster Zweigle Hairiness Tester –G566 and UsterClassimate Quantum.
Business area of the company
The company is one of the renowned Corporate engaged in Textiles, Sugar, Power generation, Automobiles and Education. Presently, it also ventures into Retail Business under its own Brand and Ethanol Production.
Different working divisions of the company:
Spinning: KPR is one of the largest manufacturers of yarn in terms of installed spindleage capacity. Every yarn produced adheres to the highest standards of quality. It houses the best machineries from all over the world and have a highly automated facility. It houses a sophisticated Melange and Polyster Cotton Yarn manufacturing facility with imported Automatic blender and an exclusive Slub yarn manufacturing facility. Its state –of-the-art Vortex spinning unit produces various blends and range of viscose yarns that suit the modern garmenting needs.
Knitting: KPR’s knitting division in Arasur, Neelambur and Karumathampatty is equipped with high-speed automatic circular knitting machines. These machineries facilitate easy customization and KPR creates innovative designs in fabrics for its global customers. Fabric production enables it to meet both in-house requirements and market needs. Housing the contemporary imported knitting machines (Mayer & Cie), it rolls out quality fabrics that suit the international garment needs.
Processing: The state-of the art fabric processing unit setup at SIPCOT, Perundurai integrates the fabric processing activities of dyeing, bleaching and finishing. The unit adheres to highest international standards. (Capacity Doubling is under way.)
Printing & Embroidery: As the pioneer in the embroidery market, KPR continues to design the highest quality embroidery job works using latest technology. Its printing and embroidery capabilities can create wonderful moments in its customers’ lives. The printing division is equipped with screen printing and other printing machinery of advanced technology imported from Austria. From design selection to final execution, its expert and experienced personnel ensure guaranteed perfection at every aspect of garment. The advance technology machine from Austria empowers company to print sharp designs with high level of accuracy. Entire range of fabrics, such as light and heavy as well as delicate and sensitive fabrics can be printed in the same machine, without any friction. Its ability to print voluminous fabrics with high resolution is a salient feature.
Garmenting: KPR Garment, the exclusive garmenting center is ranked among the largest garment manufacturing facilities in India. Inspired by customer delight and the desire to make innovative designs, it creates mesmerizing fashion trends for men, women, boys and girls. Entire garments produced are exclusively for international markets.
Wind mills: KPR Mill is a future-focused organization strongly believing in responsible growth. It better understands that long-term solution to meet growing power needs is renewable energy. Ever since setting up of spinning mills it was supported by Wind mills. KPR has installed Windmills at diverse, strategic locations in Tamilnadu (Tirunellveli, Theni, Thenkasi, & Coimbatore). The expansion plans of KPR are always cohered with windmill expansion.
Sugar Mill: KPR has been proactively exploring new avenues for green power. To attain 100% self-sufficiency in meeting its Power requirements through Green Power, a Co-gen Cum Sugar Factory of Ethanal Extraction has been established at Almel Village, Sindagi Taluk, Bijapur (DT), Karnataka, one of the highest sugar recovery area. KPR Sugar Mill is a wholly owned subsidiary of KPR Mill. The Co-gen cum Sugar Mill and Ethanol plant, equipped with modern infrastructure.
- 2015: KPR Mill features on Business World magazine’s 500 Definitive Ranking of India’s Largest Companies survey conducted jointly with KPMG – global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. KPR Mill finds place in two major categories: ‘Financial Companies’ and ‘Shareholder Returns.’
- 2016: KPR Mill has find place in Financial Express Magazine’s India’s Finest 500 Companies List published in February 2016. The company has got special mention in the category ‘Readymade Garments/Apparel.’
- 2018-19: Honorable Vice - President of India Sri. Venkiah Naidu has honored KPR Mill with an award for 'Pioneering work' in Indian Textile Industry in 2018.
- 2018-19: Fortune India Magazine in its December 2018 Issue has also selected KPR as one of the Largest 500 Corporations in India in 2018; Maximum Wealth Creators; 9th Revenue Earning Textile Companies in India.
- 2018-19: The Union Minister of Labour has awarded the Region's 'Model Employer' award to KPR Mill on Provident Fund related matters.
- 2019-20: The Income Tax Department has honoured KPR Mill as one of the Top Tax payers in Coimbatore Region in the financial Year 2018-19.
- 2019-20: The Company was awarded one of the top Exporters in the Trichy Division by the Commissioner of Customs, Trichy.
- 2019-20: Ministry of Rural Development, Rural Skills Division, Government of India, has awarded the company as one of the best performing Employer in DDU-GKY for 2018-19.
- 2019-20: The Fortune India, financial Magazine has continuously selected KPR as one of the India's Largest 500 Wealth creators and among the Top 19 Textiles & Garments' sector Companies in India.
|K.P.R. Mill Ltd.