About the Company
The company was originally incorporated as S.N. Footwear Industries Private Limited under the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956 pursuant to a certificate of incorporation dated December 3, 1981 issued by the Registrar of Companies, West Bengal at Kolkata (RoC). The name of the company was changed to Khadim Chain Stores Private Limited pursuant to a fresh certificate of incorporation dated April 17, 1998. The name of the company was further changed to Khadim Chain Stores Limited, on conversion into a public limited company, pursuant to a fresh certificate of incorporation dated June 24, 2005. Subsequently, the name of the company was further changed to Khadim India Limited, pursuant to a fresh certificate of incorporation dated August 26, 2005.
The company is one of the leading footwear brands in India, with a two-pronged focus on retail and distribution of footwear. It is the second largest footwear retailer in India in terms of number of exclusive retail stores operating under the ‘Khadim’s’ brand, with the largest presence in East India and one of the top three players in South India. The company is led by its Promoter, Chairman and Managing Director, Siddhartha Roy Burman. With 34 years of experience of working with the Company, Siddhartha Roy Burman has been instrumental in the growth of its business. Its corporate Promoter is Knightsville Private Limited.
Business area of the company
The company operates through two distinct business verticals, retail and distribution, each with its predominantly own customer base, sale channels and product range. Its retail business operates through its exclusive retail stores catering to middle and upper middle income consumers in metros (including mini-metros) and Tier I - Tier III cities, who primarily shop in high street stores and malls, for fashionable products. The company’s distribution business operates through a wide network of distributors catering to lower and middle income consumers in metros and Tier I - Tier III cities, who primarily shop in multi-brand-outlets (MBO) for functional products. The company is also engaged in the business of institutional sales and export of footwear.
Major events and milestones
- 1981: Incorporated as a private limited company.
- 1981: The company acquired and took over the business of S.N. Industries as a going concern with all its assets and liabilities.
- 1993: Commenced its retail business through COOs for footwear products.
- 1999: Commenced retail operations in South India through four owned retail outlets with two in Chennai and one apiece in Bengaluru and Secunderabad.
- 2002: Commenced manufacturing operations for footwear and leather products at its manufacturing facility at Kasba Industrial Estate, West Bengal.
- 2005: Accredited with ISO 9001:2000 certification with respect to its manufacturing facility at Kasba Industrial Estate, West Bengal.
- 2005: Merger of five entities with the Company pursuant to order of the Calcutta High Court dated June 22, 2005.
- 2010: Commenced distribution operations at its central distribution centre at Bantala, West Bengal.
- 2013: Accredited with ISO 9001: 2008 certification with respect to its manufacturing facility at Kasba Industrial Estate, West Bengal.
- 2014: Commenced e-commerce retailing operations through the company’s e-commerce website, while also utilising online market place(s).
- 2015: Expanded retail business to include the ‘shop-in-shop’ retailing model.
- 2016: Accredited with ISO 9001:2015 certification with respect to its manufacturing facility at Kasba Industrial Estate, West Bengal.
Awards, accreditations and accolades received by the company
- 2010: The company has been ranked highest on parameters such as top of mind recall, total awareness, attractiveness of design, brand power, as per Brandwatch Bengal published by Anandabazar Patrika (as per a study in 2010).
- 2011: The company was awarded the “Bengal’s Best (Footwear)” by Brandwatch Bengal, an initiative of Anandabazar Patrika Group.
- 2011: The company was awarded the “Most Admired Footwear Retailer (East India), 2011” at the East India Retail Summit, 2011.
- 2012: The company was awarded the “Most Admired Footwear Retailer (East India), 2012” in the East India Retail Summit, 2012.
- 2013: The company was awarded the “Most Attractive Footwear Brand- Retail footwear” at the India’s Most Attractive Brands Awards, 2013.
- 2014: The company was awarded the “IMAGES Most Admired Footwear Retailer of the Year (East)” award at the Images Shoes & Accessories Awards, 2014.
- 2015: The company awarded the “Most Preferred Footwear Brand of the Year” at the North-East Consumer Awards 2014 conducted in January 2015.
|Parent Organization||Khadim India Ltd.||Managing Director||Siddhartha Roy Burman|