About the Company
KEI Industries Limited (KEIIL) was established in 1968 as a partnership firm under the name Krishna Electrical Industries, with prime business activity of manufacturing house wiring rubber cables. Today, it is grown into an empire offering holistic wires & cables solutions with a global presence. Headquartered in New Delhi (India), the company offers an extensive range of cabling solutions. KEI manufactures and markets Extra-High Voltage (EHV), Medium Voltage (MV) & Low Voltage (LV) power cables.
As an industry and market leader in India, and a preferred supplier for private and public sector clients in many parts of the world, the company is much more than just a cables and wires manufacturer and supplier. It is an end-to-end solutions provider, equipped with a product showcase that encompasses the complete range of cables and wires designed to meet the unique and niche needs of its diverse clients in Retail, Institutional (EHV + EPC) and Exports segments.
Business area of the company
KEI Industries is among India’s leading manufacturers and marketers of cables and wires, with a comprehensive product portfolio ranging from housing wires to Extra High Voltage (EHV) cables. It is one of the few manufacturers of EHV cables in India. Leveraging its in-house cable production, it has strategically forward integrated into the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) services for power and transmission projects.
Products & Solutions:
- Extra High Voltage Cables
- High Voltage Cables
- Control Cables
- House Wire
- Winding Wires
- Stainless Steel Wires
- Thermocouple Extension/Compensating
- Low Voltage Cables
- Fire Survival / Resistant Cables
- Single Core / Multicore Flexible Cables
- Instrumentation Cables
- Solar Cables
- Marine & Offshore Cables
- Rubber Cables
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 14001:2015
- ISO 45001:2018
- ACHILLES UVDB
Awards and recognitions
- 2016-17: The company was awarded the Super brand status, a testimony to its consistent ability to deliver quality products, for the fifth consecutive year
- 2017-18: KEI was conferred with a Power Award (Second Prize) by Government of Karnataka Energy Department
- 2017-18: KEI was conferred with a prestigious memento for successful completion of 33 kV U.G. cable layout, from Ranni Pernnad 33 kV Sub Station to Perumthenaruvi.
- 2018-19: Awarded the prestigious Superbrand status in 2019 for exemplary performance achieved this esteemed recognition for the 7th time since 2011.
- 1968: KEI industries was incorporated as a partnership company. The same year company commenced manufacturing of Switchboard Cables for DOT.
- 1985: The company started manufacturing of control, instrumentation and thermocouple cables
- 1993: The company commenced manufacturing of PVC/XLPE Power cables up to 3.3 KV.
- 1994: The company diversified its business activities by foraying into Stainless Steel drawings with pilot plant.
- 1995: The company launched an IPO.
- 1996: The company installed SSW plant at Bhiwadi.
- 1997: It established another plant at Bhiwadi for manufacturing of LT PVC / XLPE Cables.
- 2001: The company increased its manufacturing of rubber cables up to 11 KV.
- 2002: The company established JFTC Plant located at Silvassa.
- 2005: The company upgraded its JFTC Plant located at Silvassa to manufacture existing cable range.
- 2006: The company expanded Bhiwadi unit to manufacture up to 33 kV HT XLPE Cables with Dry curing inert nitrogen gas and with triple extrusion (Single cross head) process.
- 2006: The company introduced ERP Baan S/W system in the company.
- 2007: The company upgraded its Bhiwadi Unit to manufacture HT power cable up to 132 kV and LT cable. The same year company set up 100% EOU at Chopanki.
- 2009: Completed upgradation of HT cable capacity at Bhiwadi & Chopanki of up to 66 kV
- 2010: Technical know how agreement with BRUGG KABEL A.G., Switzerland for EHV cables ranging from 66 kV to 220 kV
- 2010: Commercial production of EHV cables ranging from 66 kV to 220 kV
- 2010: Proud recipient of Business Superbrand Award
- 2011: Certification of ISO 9001:2008, OHSAS 18001:2007, OHSAS 14001:2004
- 2011: Receipt of EHV cable order from KPTCL worth Rs 75 crore
- 2011: Successful redemption of FCCBs in November
- 2012: Receipt of EHV Cable order of Rs 138 crore from UPRNL
- 2012: Proud recipient of Consumer Superbrand Status
- 2013-14: New office at Singapore & Nigeria
- 2014-15: Strengthened Retail Network
- 2015-16: EPC contract for Sub Station of 220 kV
- 2015-16: Set up a subsidiary in Australia
- 2016-17: EHV Cable of up to 400 kV commissioned
- 2017-18: Executed order of `138 Crores of Uttar Pradesh Rajkiya Nirman Nigam Ltd.
- 2018-19: Increased its distribution strength to 1,450 channel partners, up from 1,284 in the previous year.
- 2019-20: The company added net 200 new dealers / distributors in the year, taking its channel partner strength to 1,650
|Parent Organization||KEI Industries Ltd.||Managing Director||Anil Gupta|