About the Company
JSW Energy was incorporated as Jindal Tractebel Power Company Limited under the Companies Act, 1956 on March 10, 1994 in Mumbai. The name of the company was changed to Jindal Thermal Power Company on January 17, 2002. Subsequently the name of the company was changed to JSW Energy Limited on December 7, 2005.
Business area of the company
The company sells power through a combination of long-term and short-term power purchase arrangements and through the power exchanges in India to state-owned utilities, power trading companies and some industrial consumers.
- Power Trading
- Equipment Manufacturing
JSW Energy Limited, Vijayanagar
- ‘Shining Glory Award-2019’ by Green Maple Foundation, Chandigarh- Awarded on 26 May- 2019- Trophy and Certificate (Won under Environment Management Achiever Category)- for Excellent Performance in Environmental Management.
- ‘Global Environment Award 2019’ by Energy and Environment Foundation, Delhi - Awarded on 23 August-2019 at Convention Centre, NDCC- New Delhi- Trophy and Certificate (under Platinum Category)- for Achievement in Latest Environmental practices and Management.
- CII National Award for Excellence in Energy Management -2019 by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)- Awarded on 18 September-2019 at HICC (Hyderabad International Convention Centre) Hyderabad- Awarded as Energy Efficient Unit (Trophy & Certificate)- For the Energy conservation measures and Best practices adopted for conservation of energy.
- ‘SEEM National Energy Management Award 2019’ by Society of Energy Engineers and Managers,- Awarded on 26 September-2019 in the Award Ceremony at Islamic Cultural Centre, New Delhi - Won Silver Award (Trophy & Certificate)- For the Energy conservation measures and Best practices adopted for conservation of energy.
- State Level Safety Award - Best Power Boiler’ by Director of Factories, Boilers, Industrial Safety & Health, Bangalore, Govt of Karnataka for Captive Power Plant 1 boiler - Awarded on March 04-2020- Got ‘First Prize’ (Trophy & Certificate) for the best safe practices adopted.
- Certificate on Excellence in Safety to the Captive Power Plant 2 by JSW Steel Limited during the National Safety day celebrations on March 04, 2020- For maintaining commendable safety performance during the calendar year 2019.
JSW Energy Limited, Barmer
- ‘Shining Glory Award -2019’ under ‘Business Excellence’ category from Green Maple Foundation.
- ‘Shining Glory Award -2019’ under ‘Women Empowerment’ category from Green Maple Foundation.
- ‘Rajasthan CSR Leadership Award 2019’ under ‘Poverty Alleviation’ category.
- ‘National NGO & CSR Excellence Award-2019’, for ‘Water & Sanitation-2019’ presented at the 6th National NGO and CSR summit-2019.
- Received ‘Certificate of Appreciation for Good Practices in Safety Systems’ at 8th FICCI Safety Systems Excellence Awards for Industry 2019, New Delhi.
- IPPAI ‘20th Regulators & Policymakers Retreat-2019’ award, certificate of excellence and trophy received for the Best Innovation.
JSW Energy Limited, Ratnagiri
- CII National Award for Excellence in Energy Management -2019 by Confederation of Indian Industry(CII)- Awarded on September 18,2019 at HICC(Hyderabad International Convention Centre) Hyderabad- Awarded as Excellent Energy Efficient Unit (Trophy & Certificate)- For the Energy conservation measures and Best practices adopted for conservation of Energy
- The Best Operating Thermal Power Plant National award by IPPAI Power Awards -2019 awarded on December 07, 2019 (Trophy). The award was announced at 20th Regulators & Policymakers Retreat-2019, a platform for thought-provoking discussions and creation of recommendations for the future of the Indian power sector. The objective of award is to recognise the contributions made towards energy efficiency.
- Certificate of Appreciation from Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for good work in area of sustainability during CII ITC Sustainability Awards 2019. The certificate was received in January-2020
- Declared 1st Winner Award at the 14th State level Energy Conservation Award by Maharashtra Energy Development Agency (MEDA) for excellence in energy conservation and management.
- Golden Bird Excellence Award-2020- Declared winner in Gold Category on November 29, 2019 for the outstanding project on energy efficiency.
- The company announced Commencement of Generation of Power of Unit II and in 2011 Commencement of Generation of Power of Unit III.
- JSW Energy, total operational capacity went up to 3,140 MW because of the commencement of the four Barmer units (total 540 MW)
- JSW Energy Commenced a Generation of Power of Unit VII of 135MW at Barmer, Rajasthan.
- JSW Energy acquires Himachal Baspa Power Company worth Rs 9,700 crore.
- JSW Energy inks MoU with Jaiprakash Power Ventures for the acquisition of three operational plants of JPVL.
- JSW Energy signed a Non-binding Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Monnet Ispat and Energy Limited
- JSW Energy Limited has concluded the acquisition of 100% of the securities of Himachal Baspa Power Company Limited.
- JSW Energy signs MoU to set up a thermal power plant and related activities in the Kingdom of Swaziland.
- JSW Energy signs pact with Jaiprakash Power Ventures to restructure debt.
- Jaiprakash Power Ventures allots equity shares worth Rs 351.77 crore to JSW Energy.
- JSW Energy terminates deal to acquire GMR Kamalanga Energy.
|Parent Organization||JSW Energy Ltd.||Managing Director||Sajjan Jindal|