About the Company
J Kumar Infraprojects’ foundation dates back to the year 1980. The foundation of the business was laid when its Promoter Jagdishkumar M Gupta setup his proprietorship concern under the name and style of J Kumar & Co. Under his able stewardship the proprietary concern made a modest beginning by maintenance of PWD buildings and scaled up to get registered with Public Works Department, Government of Maharashtra as a Class I-A Civil Contractor. With this registration, he started executing civil contracts for government, semi government and other various private organizations relating to infrastructure and civil engineering construction contracts, comprising mainly of roads, flyovers, bridges, irrigation projects, commercial buildings, railway buildings, sports complexes and airport contracts.
The company is engaged in the business of civil engineering construction contractors in Infrastructural projects mainly in roads, flyovers, bridges, commercial and residential buildings, sports complexes, irrigation projects, airport contracts. The company also undertakes the piling of foundation work using hydraulic piling rigs for major projects which are awarded to other contractors. The company has been most active in Mumbai, Pune, Aurangabad and Vidharbha region of Maharashtra.
From the modest beginning, the company, in a span of 28 yrs has grown into a full-fledged Infraprojects company of the country. Competing brick by brick, stroke by stroke with all the leading Infraprojects giants of the region.
It expanded its business activities in the field of infrastructure projects from 1997 onwards. It formed a joint venture namely, “Ameya Developers and J Kumar Joint Venture”, a 50:50 partnership firm which has executed the twin flyover at Konkan Bhavan Junction, CBD Belapur and the Flyover at Chheda Nagar, Ghatkopar in Mumbai.The joint venture firm continued to quote for many flyover projects and obtain orders from government and semi government bodies. The name of the joint venture is now changed to “Ameya J Kumar Constructions” and has obtained PWD registration in the new name.
The company is registered with Vidarbha Irrigation Development Corporation as class 1 A contractor since May 03, 2007 and obtained orders for the execution of spillways, M.I. Tanks etc. It has a branch office established in Yavatmal to handle all the irrigation contracts in Vidharbha region.
Few completed project of the company are:
Flyovers & Bridges
- Flyover at Konkan Bhavan Junction at CBD, Belapur, Navi Mumbai
- Flyover at Chheda Nagar on EEH, Mumbai
- Flyover and Slip Roads at Seven Hill Jn, Aurangabad
- Flyover at Saswadphata Junction, Hadapsar, Pune
- Rail Over Bridge (ROB) at Udaybaug, Pune
- ROB & Approaches on Malegaon-Aurangabad Road at Nandgaon
- Flyover on WEH at Dindoshi, Mumbai
- New Birdge over Mithi River at CSI Airport, Mumbai for Taxi Track
- Underpass at Rani Sati Marg, Malad, Mumbai
- Subway at Agripada on WEH, Mumbai
- Subway at Rajaram Nagar by Box Pushing on WEH, Mumbai
- Subway at Anand Nagar by Box Pushing, Thane
- Approach to High Level Bridge across Kalwa Creek, Thane
- Construction of Cement Concrete Roads in Mumbai at Khar (W), Andheri West, Kalina & at Bhiwandi City.
- Construction of Service Roads on WEH, Mumbai
- Widening Road for Development of Toll Plaza on WEH at Dahisar, Mumbai
- Construction of Rapid Taxi Track at CSI Airport, Mumbai.
- Development of Pune Airport: Extension & Strengthening Taxi Track & Construction of Link Taxi Track
- Raising Apron & Hanger at Juhu Helibase, Mumbai
- Earthwork & Structures for Canal at Shrigonda, Ahmednagar.
- Construction of Spillway & Earthwork for Kumbharkini M.I. Tank, Yavatmal
- Construction of Spillway of Sirasgaon M.I. Tank
Building Works / Other Structures
- Residential Quarters for AAI Staff Quarters, Mumbai.
- Goldline Business Centre at Malad (W), Mumbai
- New Terminus Building at Bandra, Mumbai
- Goregaon Sports Club at Goregaon (W), Mumbai
- Civil Work, Water Supply, Drainage & Allied Works for a Blue Chip company
- •Building at Andheri (E), Mumbai
- Washing cum Pit Lines with Elevated Catwalks at Wadi Bunder, Mumbai
- Swimming Pool Complex, Thane
- Piling Work for Prime Mall Down Town Project at Huges Road,Mumbai
- Piling Work for Petronet LNG Tank at Dahej, Gujarat
- Piling Work for NTPC at Dadri
- Piling Work for Traffic Improvement Scheme at Thane
Milestones of the company
- 1980 Commenced business with maintenance of PWD Buildings
- 1991 -94 Construction of Chembur Road Over Bridge on Eastern Express Highway along with its approaches and subways construction of retaining wall on East side of Thane.-Construction of Operation Theatre for Shri Vasant Rao Naik Government Medical college at Yavatmal and other hospital structures including boys hostel at a total cost of Rs. 14370 lakh.-Construction of Sion Mahim Link Road and construction of retaining wall at a total cost of Rs. 550 lakh
- 1995-97 Receipt of work order for Construction of Earthen Work and other Minor Irrigation work for Minor Irrigation Division, Pusad at a total cost of 1234 lacs
- 1997-98 Construction of Flyover Bridge at Konkan Bhavan (CBD) junction on Sion Panvel Road at a total cost of Rs.1927 lacs under Joint Venture with M/s. Ameya Developers.-Construction of Flyover at Cheddanagar, Ghatkopar on Eastern Express Highway at a total cost of Rs. 1349 Lacs.-Construction of Flyover at Shiv Vallabh Road Junction on Western Express highway and construction of service road between National Park junction and S.N. Dube road at a total cost of Rs. 837 lacs.-Construction of 82 residential quarters for AAI staff at Mumbai Airport at a total cost of Rs. 608 Lacs.
- 1999 Formed a private limited company by the name of J. Kumar & Co. (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- 1999-2000 Construction of Vehicular Underpass of Rani Sati Marg Junction on Western Express Highway, Malad (West) at a total cost of Rs. 815 Lacs under Joint Venture with M/s. Ameya Developers.
- 2001 Construction of Goregaon Sports Club comprising of elevated Olympic size swimming pool, diving pool, recreation pool, Health club building, Game Hall building and Roads at a total cost of Rs. 825 Lacs.
- 2002 Construction of Pedestrian Subway at Rajaram Nagar near Airport, Santacruz (E) in Western Express Highway at a total cost of Rs. 456.73 Lacs. This construction was completed 67 days before the stipulated time period with bonus for early completion of the work.-Construction of New station building at bandra Terminus at a total cost of 482 lacs.-Construction of Flyover, slip roads and allied works at seven hill chowk at Aurangabad Jalna Road at a total cost of Rs. 850 Lacs under Joint Venture with Ameya Developers Pvt. Limited
- 2005 Construction of new bridge over mithi river carrying taxi track B-3 at CSI Airport, Mumbai at a total cost of Rs. 1400 Lacs-Design and Construction of flyover at Saswadphata Junction on NH-9 with solid ramps, Pedestrian subways and widening of minor bridge at Pune, Maharashtra at a total cost of 1400 lacs under Joint Venture with M/s.Ameya Developers Pvt. Limited.-Construction of flyover covering Kalyan Naka Junction to new S.T stand on old NH3 at a total cost of Rs.1494.50 Lacs.-Widening and construction of Western Express Highway at Times of India Flyover north gate to Ashanagar at a total cost of 1122 lacs-Construction of flyover near Times of India building at Malad junction on Western Express Highway at a total cost of Rs. 1710 lacs under Joint Venture with M/s. Ameya Developers Pvt. Limited.
- 2006-2007 Name of the Company changed to J. Kumar Infraprojects Pvt. Ltd. and then to J. Kumar Infraprojects Ltd.-Turnover of the Company crosses 10000 lacs-It gets ISO 9001: 2000 certification from Q.A International Certification Limited-Awarded the largest contract till date in Joint Venture with Nagarjunga Construction Company Ltd of a total contract value of Rs. 11,190 lacs and our share being 50%.
- 2013 -J. Kumar Infraprojects Bags order worth Rs 132.00 crores from CIDCO for Design & Construction of Depot-cum-Workshop.
- 2014 -J. Kumar Infraprojects Ltd Bags orders worth Rs. 467.51 Crores. -J. Kumar Infraprojects Ltd Bags orders worth Rs. 293.76 Crores from Various Authorities.
- 2016 -J. Kumar Infra - CRTG JV Receipt of Work Order/Letter of Acceptance from Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Ltd
-J Kumar Infraproject - Receipt of Letter of Award (LOA) from MMRDA
-J Kumar Infraproject - Receipt of Work Order from MCGM
-J Kurnar Infraprojects inks contract with MMRC for Rs 5012 cr
-J Kumar-CRTG JV gets Rs 5,012 cr order from MMRC
- 1999 Received 2nd Prize for construction of Kokan Bhavan Bridge on Sion panvel Highway.
- 2003 Completed the construction of Flyover, slip roads and allied works at seven hill chowk at Aurangabad Jalna Road at a total cost of Rs. 850 Lacs under Joint Venture with Ameya Developers Pvt. Limited 19 days in advance and got a bonus of Rs. 19lacs for early completion.
- 2006 It got ISO 9001: 2000 certification from Q.A International Certification Limited.
|Parent Organization||J Kumar Infraprojects Ltd.||Managing Director||Nalin J Gupta|