About the Company
Jindal Cotex Limited (JCL) is a flagship company of Jindal group of Ludhiana. The company was incorporated as Jindal Cotex Limited under the Companies Act, 1956 on February 18, 1998 in the state of Punjab registered with the Registrar of Companies, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh at Jalandhar . The registered office of the company is situated at V.P.O. Jugiana, G. T. Road, Ludhiana, Punjab. The Certificate of Commencement of Business was obtained on February 20, 1998.
The company has been promoted by Sandeep Jindal, Yash Paul Jindal, Rajinder Jindal and Ramesh Jindal along with other members of the Jindal family for setting up a spinning unit for the manufacture of synthetic yarns. The company initially set up 6912 spindles and started manufacturing acrylic yarns under the trade name ‘Jindal’ which came into commercial production in May 1999. The company thereafter, ventured into polyester yams & further explored the markets of New Delhi, Bhilwara & Maharashtra. Starting from 6912 spindles in 1999 the company has expanded its capacity to 23472 spindles.
The company has also set up a wind mill of 1250KW in Village Pithla, Distt Jaisalmer, Rajasthan in the year 2007-08. It has entered into power purchase agreement with Ajmer Vidut Vitran Nigam. for the sale of electricity generated for 20 years.
The company has been established to carry on in India or abroad, the business of manufacturing, processing, spinning, knitting, refining, carding, combing, gilling, regilling, mixing, doubling, twisting, cheese, winding, rewinding, raising, weaving, dyeing, bleaching, importing, exporting, trading and otherwise dealing in wholesale or in retail in all kinds & types of yarns including fancy yarns, fibres whether synthetic, artificial or natural, cotton, wool, worsted, shoddy, silk, nylon, polyester, acrylic, polyproptene, polynosic, blended materials or any other synthetic fibres, yarns or fibrous materials, textile substances, allied products, waste products and substitutes for all or any of them and to treat and utilise any waste arising from any such manufacture production, process and further to carry on the business of ginning, pressing, bailing or otherwise packing of cotton, kapas, yarn, waste or all kinds of raw materials, whether synthetic, artificial or natural, yarn, waste, hemp, jute or other fibrous materials and cultivation of such raw materials.
The company has two wholly owned subsidiaries viz. Jindal Specialty Textiles Limited and Jindal Medicot Limited.
Product range of the company includes:
- Acrylic Yarn
- Polyester Cotton Combed Yarn
- Modal Yarn
- Optical White Polyester Yarn
- Anti Pill Polyester Combed Cotton Yarn
- 1998 -The company was incorporated under the name and style as Jindal Cotex Limited
- 1999 -The company established its first plant with a capacity of 6912 spindles and started commercial of synthetic yarns production in May 1999.
- 2001-The company expanded its capacity by another 2880 spindles. The company started making polyester yarn.
- 2002 -The company again expanded its capacity by establishing 1728 spindles.
- 2003 -Added 1152 spindles thereby taking the total capacity to 12672 spindles
- 2003 -The company received ISO 9001:2000 from TUV
- 2003 -The company expanded its capacities to 18720 Spindles from 12672 spindles by adding 6048 spindles
- 2006-The company expanded its capacities to 23472 Spindles from 18720 spindles by adding 4752 spindles.
- 2006 -The company expanded its product range as it introduced polyester cotton blended yarn both combed and carded. The company’s product range included acrylic, polyester, polyester viscose, polyester cotton yarns.
- 2006 -The company started exports of yarn mainly of polyester cotton
- 2007 -The company initiated planning for major expansion (mega project) to take the capacity of spindles to about 75000 and also adding yarn dyeing and garmenting facilities
- 2007- The company started implementation of first phase of its mega project in October,
- 2007 -at Village Mandiala Kalan, Bija, Dist. Ludhiana
- 2008- The company achieved status of Mega Project for its expansion plan
- 2008- The company achieve financial close for its mega project from term lending banks
- 2008- Commissioned wind mill with a capacity of 1250 kw at Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
- 2008 -The company established two 100% owned subsidiaries namely Jindal MedicotLimited for implementing a project to manufacture specialized medical textile products and Jindal Specialty Textiles Limited for implementing a project to manufacture technical textile product viz. Coated/Banner Fabrics
|Parent Organization||Jindal Cotex Ltd.||Managing Director||Sandeep Jindal|