About the Company
The Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd. was incorporated in 1938, and is listed on the NSE and the BSE. It functions as a universal bank in the Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh and as a specialised bank in the rest of the country. It is also designated as RBI’s agent for banking business, and carries out the banking business of the Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh, besides collecting central taxes for CBDT. J&K Bank follows a two-legged business model whereby it seeks to increase lending in its home territory which results in higher margins despite modest volumes, and at the same time, seeks to capture niche lending opportunities on a pan-India basis to build volumes and improve margins. J&K Bank operates on the principle of 'socially empowering banking' and seeks to deliver innovative financial solutions for household, small and medium enterprises.
Business of the Bank
The Jammu & Kashmir Bank is engaged in banking Business. The Bank provides banking services, including CD's, educational loans, housing loans and car loans. The Bank also provides insurance services through a joint venture with MetLife India Insurance Company.
Products and Services of the bank
- Personal Banking- Under this, it offers various products and services such saving accounts, loans, deposits, ATM facility, RTGS/NEFT facility, internet banking, demat services, etc.
- NRI Banking- Besides various personal banking products, it also offers remittance services, consultancy services to its NRI Clients.
- Priority and SME- It also caters to the priority and SME segments and offers various kinds of products to meet their various business requirements.
Milestones & Achievements
- 2010: JK Bank inaugurates 144th ATM at ZainakoteJ&K Bank launches Operation Clean Up'JK Bank launches An Poshe Tele Yeli Wan Poshe Over 100 LPG connections distributed at Chandanwari, UriJK Bank ATM network reaches to 292J&K Bank inaugurates Khidmat centre at Barmeen, Udhampur.
- 2011: J&K Bank inaugurates ATM in CTM premises KathuaJ&K Bank opens branch in Ashmuji KulgamJ&K Bank inaugurates new B/U premises at Lakhanpur, GhagwalJ&K Bank inaugurates RSETI at Poonch.
- 2012: J&K Bank opens ATM in DPL Budgam: Donates projector, laptop to SKIMS.
- 2013: J&K Bank bags two HR awardsJ&K Bank gets Best Bank Award.
- 2017: JK Bank hires Delloitte as their overhaul Consultants.
- 2019: The bank won the CSO100 Award for the year 2019 at a ceremony held in Pune, Maharashtra for adopting new ways of thinking to secure business assets with sophisticated tools and improved defenses.
- 2020: Jammu & Kashmir Bank has received approval to raise capital upto Rs 1000 crore by way of Non-Convertible, Redeemable, Unsecured, Basel III Compliant, Tier 2 bonds in the nature of debentures (debentures) on a private placement basis
- 2021: Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) Bank has received in-principle approval from board to transfer 8.23 per cent stake of J&K Government to Union Territory (UT) of Ladakh.
|Parent Organization||The Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd.||Managing Director||Baldev Prakash|