Engineering - Construction
|Market Cap||3,650 Cr||EPS||8.5||High||218.9|
|Stock P/E||25.1||Net Profit Margin||-0.5||Low||212.45|
|Market Cap||3,650 Cr||ROE||10.5%|
|P/B Ratio||2.9||Dividend Yield||0.4%|
|Industry P/E||91.8||Book Value||74.8|
About the Company
ITD Cementation India was incorporated on 1978 as Cemindia Company Limited and obtained Certificate of Commencement of Business on 6th November, 1978.
In 1994, the company changed its name to Trafalgar House Construction India Limited in order to reflect direct relationship with its then holding company and obtained fresh certificate of incorporation on 7th September 1994.
In the year 1996 Kvaerner ASA, acquired Trafalgar House Plc. Consequent upon this acquisition the Company changed its name to Kvaerner Cementation India Limited and obtained Fresh Certificate of Incorporation on 1st September, 1998.
In the year 2000 Skanska AB, entered into an agreement with Kvaerner Plc, to acquire the entire issued share capital of Kvaerner Construction Group Limited. Pursuant to the transaction, the control of this company changed from Kvaerner ASA to Skanska AB.
Pursuant to the requirements of SEBI Takeover Code Skanska AB made an offer to the public shareholders of this company to acquire fully paid up equity shares of this company. Subsequently the company changed its name to Skanska Cementation India Limited and obtained Fresh Certificate of Incorporation on 11th July, 2001.
The company operates in 3 business divisions which include bridges and industries division which is involved in construction of flyovers and bridges, steel and petrochemical plants, refiners, technical centers, and shopping malls, marine division which undertakes the construction of quays which handle cargo at ports and specialist engineering division which constructs railways and roads, power stations for hydroelectricity, diaphragm walling, and piling.
The company started its business in India in the year 1931 as a branch office of the Cementation Company Limited, United Kingdom (CCL UK) a member of the Trafalgar House Group for carrying on construction activities in India. Later in 1978, Reserve Bank of India granted permission to CCL, U.K. to continue to carry on its activities in India subject to India branch of CCL, U.K., being converted into an Indian company thus it was incorporated in 1978.
Over the years it has completed various projects as the rehabilitation and widening work on a highway in the Visag-Ichhapuram section; design and construction of a 450 M long structural steel bridge over Mandovi River, Goa; construction of Mansi Wakal dam, Udaipur; work on five elevated stations along the Qutub Minar-Gurgoan corridor for Delhi Metro Rail corporation (DMRC), shore piling for Bombay Dyeing at Mumbai, road development of second container terminal at Chennai international Terminals Private Limited, construction of diaphragm wall and its supporting slab on the bank of Sabarmati River for renovating water, construction of dam, powerhouse, switchyard and tunnel for the Umtru Hydro Electric Project for Megalaya State Electricity Board; Project Seabird (Defence Ministry) 6500 DWT Shiplift Civil Works; Container Berth and Yard at Mundra for Gujarat Adani Port Ltd / P & O; Liquid handling jetty for GCPTCL at Dahej and many more.
Some of the recently received projects (in Feb.2009) are Civil Construction of Substructure up to Basement Roof Level for (B+G+15) storied Commercial Complex at Haldia by Rose Valley Real Estate & Constructions Limited, Construction of Cut-off Wall for Tapovan-Vishnugarh Hydro-electric Project Barrage and Desilting Package in Chamoli Ditrict, Uttaranchal, Civil Works (Package 1), Electrical Works, Piping and Mechanical (Package 3) and allied works for Phase II modernization at Garden Reach Ship Builders & Engineers Ltd, Kolkata.
Its clientele include organizations like DMRC, Hindustan Zinc Limited, CIDCO, Maharashtra, Department of Irrigation & CAD, Andhra Pradesh, Ministry of Defence, Department of Navy, National Highways Authority of India, Northern Railway, Tata Power Company Limited, P&O Ports, Meghalaya State Electricity Board, Indian Farmers Fertilizers Corporation, Indian Molasses Company Limited, etc.
The company has formed Joint Ventures with ITD for Kolkata airport modernization project, Rehabilitation and Upgradation of 4- lane configuration in Madhya Pradesh, Construction of 4 lane Bypass at Kota on East West Corridor in the State of Rajasthan, BC-21 Part Design and Construction of via duct and structural work of five elevated stations on Qutub Minar-Gurgoan corridor of Delhi MRTS Project, BC-24 Design and Construction of over five kilometres of underground metro construction is to be carried out with advanced tunnel boring machines and includes the Khan Market, Jawaharlal Nehru stadium, Jangpura stations and ancillary works on the Central Secretariat – Badarpur Corridor of Delhi MRTS (Value of Contract Rs 8930 Million)
In 2010 ITD Cementation India Joint Venture bagged major Jaipur Metro Project from DMRC.
2013 - ITD Cementation bags Order for Rs. 546 Crore from DMRC in its Joint Venture
2015 -ITD Cementation bags Rs 2,168 crore JNPT order from BMCT
The company operates in- Marine Structures, Foundations, Transportation Projects, Hydro Electric Projects/Tunnels/Dams, Industrial Civil Works and Urban Infrastructure.
About the parent company
Itallian-Thai Development Public Company Limited was founded by Dr Chaijudh Karnasuta and Giorgio Berlingieri, who had the objective to establish a Thai construction company. It was incorporated on 15 August 1958, under the civil and commercial Code of Kingdom of Thailand. Currently it has 13 subsidiaries [9 subsidiaries in Thailand, one in Myanmar, one in Indonesia, one in India and one in U.A.E.] and 21 joint ventures [15 in Thailand, two in Laos, two in Taiwan, one in Cambodia and one in Bangladesh]. ITD has 16 Associate Companies.
The company established its wholly owned subsidiary ITD Cementation Projects India Limited (ICPIL) on June 21, 2007 to carry on the business of construction, design, execution, administer and manage or control infrastructural projects.
- 2016- CIDC Vishwakarma Award 2016: for civil construction of nbc-ii v. o. chidambaranar Port, Tuticorin; and for Nhava Sheva India gateway Terminal (nsigt)-Quary contract (330m extension) at JNPT, Mumbai.
- National Safety Council of India, Safety Award (Prashansa Patra) for Kandla Port Project, 2007
- Gujarat Pipavav Port Ltd, Trophy and certificate for being the safety conscious contractor in project work, 2007
- National Safety Council of India, Safety Award (Prashansa Patra) for DMRC- Dwaraka Project, 2006
- National Safety Council of India, Safety Award (Prashansa Patra) for Sabarmati River Front Development Project, 2006
- National Safety Council of India, Bronze Safety Award for Goa Bridge Project, 2005
- Indian Concrete Institute, Birla Plus Endowment Award for Outstanding Concrete Structure for Shiplift Works Project Seabird, Karwar, 2005
- Tamilnadu and Kerala Mine Safety Association, Best Quarry Award, 2004
- Samsung Engineering Exp, Award for Excellence – IOCL Barauni Refinery, 2001
- Indian Institute of Bridge Engineers, 6th Outstanding Award for Khairanne Road Over-bridge, 1999
- Indian Institute of Bridge Engineers, 6th Outstanding Award for Dadar – Khodadad Circle Flyover, 1999
- Kandla Port Trust – October 2008
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation – July 2008
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation – February 2007
- Central Railway, DRM Pune – February 2006
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation –Dwaraka Station Work - July 2006
- RITES-SOWIL-SECON (JV) – KR2 and KR3 Road Projects – January 2005
- NTPC-Kahalgaon-January 2005
- Redecon Australia Pty Ltd – Seabird Karwar – February 2005
- PWD-Goa- Amona-Khandola Bridge Project – January 2005
- Tata Power – New Water Conductor Tunnel Project Khopoli – April 2004
- The company is ISO-9001:2000, ISO-14001:2004, and OHSAS-18001:1999 certified and is following IMS Policy.
|Parent Organization||ITD Cementation India Ltd.||Managing Director||Jayanta Basu|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|