About the Company
The company was incorporated on March 9, 1995 as ‘ICICI Brokerage Services Limited’ at Mumbai, Maharashtra as a public limited company, under the Companies Act, 1956 and received a certificate for commencement of business dated May 3, 1995. Subsequently, the name of company was changed to ‘ICICI Securities Limited’, and a fresh certificate of incorporation consequent to the change of name was issued by the Registrar of Companies, Maharashtra at Mumbai (RoC) dated March 26, 2007.
ICICI Securities is a leading technology-based securities firm in India that offers a wide range of financial services including brokerage, financial product distribution and investment banking and focuses on both retail and institutional clients. The company’s retail brokerage and financial product distribution businesses empower its customers to access the Indian financial capital markets through its ICICIdirect platform and provide them with a seamless settlement process through a 3-in-1 account, which links its electronic brokerage platform with customers’ savings bank and dematerialised accounts held with ICICI Bank.
Business area of the company
The company offer its retail customers a wide range of products and services in equities, derivatives and research, and also distribute various third-party products including mutual funds, insurance products, fixed deposits, loans, tax services and pension products. It also provides domestic and foreign institutional investors with brokerage services, corporate access and equity research. Besides, its investment banking business offers equity capital markets services and other financial advisory services to corporate clients, the government and financial sponsors. In addition to allowing retail customers to carry out a variety of transactions, its electronic brokerage platform provides an integrated interface that allows its customers to track various portfolio parameters, including the performance of their investments.
Major events and milestones:
- 2000: Launched ICICIdirect.
- 2001: Launched online mutual funds platform.
- 2002: Launched derivatives, Direct Link and ‘Buy Today, Sell Tomorrow’.
- 2003: Launched GOI bonds on ICICIdirect.
- 2005: Expanded through ICICIdirect branches.
- 2006: Launched distribution of health and life insurance products.
- 2007: Launched overseas trading services.
- 2008: Launched ‘On-the-move’, a website, Active Trader Services and distribution of online insurance products.
- 2009: Launched online currency derivatives and private wealth management services.
- 2010: ICICIdirect launched ICICI Centre for Financial Learning.
- 2013: Launched inflation indexed national savings securities - cumulative, e-voting facility, investment advisory services and Flexi Cash facilities on ICICIdirect.
- 2014: Announced the extension of our FuturePLUS products with normal margin and stop loss margin for non-resident Indians in the derivatives segments on NSE.
- 2015: Launched ‘Insta accounts’ facility, ‘Track and Act’ robo advisory platform and ‘bullet trade’ facility on ICICIdirect.
- 2016: Launched equity advised portfolio services, cloud orders for equity segments, price improvement orders, VTC (Valid Till Cancel) Future Square off orders, portfolio X-ray reports.
- 2017: Launched investment in AIFs on a private placement basis on ICICIdirect, margin trading facility, funding of employee stock option schemes, factor based portfolios (developed by MSCI), overseas trading facility (through a strategic partnership with an online multi-asset trading and investment platform), ‘multi price order’ in the equity segment.
- 2017: Introduced ‘live’ notifications on the ICICIdirect mobile application.
- 2017: Introduced ‘One Click Investment’ for investment in mutual funds on ICICIdirect.
Awards and Recognition:
- 2004: ICICIdirect was awarded the Outlook Money ‘Best e- Brokerage Award’.
- 2007: ICICIdirect was awarded the ‘CNBC AWAAZ Consumer Award 2007’ for the Most Preferred Financial Advisory Service.
- 2008: ICICIdirect was awarded the Outlook Money ‘Best e- Brokerage Award’.
- 2009: The company was awarded the ‘Best in Category - Financial Services’ at the Franchise Awards 2009.
- 2010: The company was awarded the ‘Best Performing National Financial Advisor - Retail’ award at the UTI CNBC TV18 Financial Advisor Awards 2010.
- 2011: The company was awarded the ‘Best in Category - Financial Services’ at the Franchise Awards 2011.
- 2012: The company was awarded the ‘Smart use Technology eRetailer of the year 2012’ award at the Indian eRetail Awards 2012.
- 2013: The company was awarded the ‘Money Today FPCIL Stockbroker of the Year’ at the Money Today FPCIL Awards 2012-13.
- 2014: The company was awarded the ‘Best Performing National Financial Advisor - Equity Broker’ award at the UTI CNBC TV 18 Financial Advisor Awards 2014-15.
- 2015: The company was awarded the ‘Support and Improvement in the Qaulity of Education’ award at the Global CSR Excellence and Leadership Awards.
- 2016: The company was awarded the ‘Best use of CSR practices in Financial Sector’ award at the Global CSR Excellence and Leadership Awards.
- 2016: ICICIdirect was awarded the Outlook Money ‘Best Retail Broker’ Award.
- 2017: The company was awarded the ‘Sustainable Education Strategy’ award at the Responsible Business Awards.
- 2017: The company was awarded the ‘Franchisor of the Year - Financial Services’ Award at the Franchise Awards 2017.
|Parent Organization||ICICI Securities Ltd.||Managing Director||Vijay Chandok|