Finance - NBFC
|Market Cap||20,280 Cr||EPS||26.6||High||127.8|
|Stock P/E||4.8||Net Profit Margin||43.1||Low||125.25|
|Market Cap||20,280 Cr||ROE||6.6%|
|P/B Ratio||1.7||Dividend Yield||9.5%|
|Industry P/E||47.8||Book Value||72.6|
About the Company
Infrastructure Development Finance Company (IDFC) has been an integral part of the country's development story since 1997, when company was formed with the specific mandate to build the nation. The Company is IDFC is a public limited company incorporated in India under the provisions of Companies Act, applicable in India and is a Non-Banking Finance Company (NBFC) regulated by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). The Company had received in principle approval from the RBI to set up a new private sector bank in April 2014. Since October 1, 2015 the company is operating as NBFC - Investment Company.
Since 2005, it has built with vision to be the 'one firm' that looks after the diverse needs of infrastructure development. Whether it is financial intermediation for infrastructure projects and services, adding value through innovative products to the infrastructure value chain or asset maintenance of existing infrastructure projects, it focused on supporting companies to get the best return on investments.
The company growth has been driven by the substantial investment requirements of the infrastructure sector in India combined with the growth in the Indian economy over the last several years. Its ability to tap global as well as Indian financial resources made the acknowledged experts in infrastructure finance.
IDFC is the promoter of the IDFC Bank and is registered with Reserve Bank of India as NBFC - Investments. Besides banking, it also has investments in diverse businesses such as asset management both in public markets and private markets, Institutional Broking and Infrastructure Debt fund. All these businesses are carried through independent subsidiaries. IDFC holds all these investments under IDFC Financial Holding Company Limited (NOFHC). IDFC is a holding company of the group. IDFC and IDFC Bank are two listed entities of the group and the rest of the businesses are conducted through unlisted subsidiaries.
Business area of the company
IDFC is operating as an infrastructure finance company, i.e. financing infrastructure projects in sectors like energy, telecommunication, transportation, commercial and industrial projects including hospital, education, and tourism and hotels.
- IDFC Bank
- IDFC Securities
- Public Market Asset Management
- IDFC IFL
- IDFC Foundation
- Project Finance International Asia Pacific Awards 2009: IDFC Project Finance was ranked third as mandated lead arranger for Project finance loans.
- Private Equity International Awards 2009: IDFC Private Equity wins Best Private Equity Firm award.
- Asia Money Brokers poll: IDFC SSKI (Now IDFC Securities) voted as the best local brokerage in Asia Money Poll of Polls.
- Crisil Ratings: Several IDFC schemes received highest rankings of CPR 1 & CPR 2.
- Infrastructure Investor Awards 2009: IDFC Private Equity declared Asian Infrastructure Fund Manager of the year.
- ICRA Awards 2009: IDFC Premier Equity Fund, IDFC Imperial Equity Fund, IDFC Dynamic Bond Fund and IDFC Super Saver Income Fund recognized as 5 star funds by ICRA.
- Economic Times (ET) Quarterly Mutual Fund Tracker: IDFC AMC was rated as the 'Best Performing Fund House' for two consecutive quarters of FY 09-10. IDFC Imperial Equity Fund and IDFC Dynamic Bond Fund were ranked in the 'Platinum Category' which is the highest ranking given to schemes in Q1 and Q2 in the year 2009.
- Lipper Fund Awards 2010: IDFC AMC's IDFC Premier Equity Fun - Plan A wins award for being the best fund over 3 years in the equity segment (India).
- Value Research rankings: 5 Star rankings to Premier Equity Fund and Imperial Equity Fund in the quarter ending June 2009. 4 Star ranking to Government Securities Fund - PF Plan and Dynamic Bond Fund.
- Infrastructure Investor Awards 2009: IDFC Private Equity wins Asian Infrastructure Deal of the Year.
- Best Performance among 5-star Funds: IDFC Premier Equity Fund wins award for its open ended diversified equity-defensive for the three-year period ending December 2009.
- Best performance top 10% of the category: IDFC Premier Equity Fund, IDFC Imperial Equity Fund, IDFC Dynamic Bond Fund and IDFC Super Saver Income Fund were recognized as 5 star funds by ICRA
- 2012 StarMine Award.IDFC wins 4 BEST Learning & Development Awards (for Excellence in Learning & Development) at the CLO awards organized by World HRD Congress.IDFC wins 4 BEST Learning & Development Awards (for Excellence in Learning & Development) at the CLO awards organized by World HRD Congress.CLO Awards
- 2013 EDGE Award ICAI Awarded for Excellence in Financial Reporting
- Thomson Reuters Starmine- Analyst Awards 2018
- Industry Earnings Estimators- Rank 1 Diversified Industrials
- The Asset- Ranked 1 Investment House in India - for Asian Local Currency Bonds 2019
- CNBC TV18 Mutual Fund Awards 2018- IDFC Dynamic Bond Fund, IDFC ELSS Fund, IDFC Focused Fund & IDFC Medium Duration Fund - Winners in respective Fund Categories
- Business Standard At Fund Café Awards 2019- Anurag Mittal - Fund Manager of the Year - Short to medium term debt category
- Outlook Business- Anoop Bhaskar - amongst top 10 Fund Managers in India 2018-19
- Money Today Awards 2019- Suyash Choudhary - won the Best Fund Manager - Debt at the Business Today
- 1997- IDFC was founded on the recommendations of the 'Expert Group on Commercialization of Infrastructure Projects' under the Chairmanship of Rakesh Mohan. The group was conceptualized to channel private capital into commercially viable projects.
- 1999- The company notified as a Public Financial Institution under Section 4A of the Companies Act.
- 2000- The company gets registered with SEBI as a merchant banker
- 2001- The company gets registered with SEBI as a debenture trustee
- 2001- The company sets up Infrastructure Development Corporation (Karnataka) Limited (iDeCK)
- 2002- The company sets up IDFC Private Equity as an investment manager for private equity funds
- 2002- The company sets up Uttaranchal Infrastructure Development Company Limited (UDEC)
- 2003- The company successfully raised $200 million for the India Development Fund, the first infrastructure-focused private equity fund
- 2005- The company became a public company after listing its shares on NSE and BSE
- 2006- The company successfully raised $450 million for its second infrastructure - focused private equity fund
- 2007- The company raised Rs 2,100 crore through QIP
- 2007- The company sets up IDFC Project Equity Company Limited as a specialized project finance entity focused on developing Indian infrastructure projects
- 2007- The company established IDFC Projects to develop, implement, own and operate projects in the infrastructure space
- 2008- The company successfully raised $930 million through the India Infrastructure Fund to invest equity capital in infrastructure projects and $700 million in its third private equity fund.
- 2008- The company entered into asset management by acquiring the AMC business of Standard Chartered Bank in India
- 2008- The company incorporated IDFC Capital (Singapore) Pte Limited, for an emerging markets private equity fund-of-funds business.
- 2009- The company's loan book crosses Rs. 20,000 crore with more than 200 infrastructure projects funded.
- 2009-The company established IDFC Foundation to focus on capacity building, policy advisory and sustainability initiatives
- 2009-The company became a part of Nifty 50
- 2010- The company raised additional capital of Rs 26,542 million through a Qualified Institution Placement at Rs 168.25 per share and CCPS at a conversion price of Rs 176 per share. Government shareholding reduces to 18%
- 2010-The company classified as an Infrastructure Finance Company (IFC)
- 2010-The company raised Rs 480 crore in the first tranche of its Long Term Infrastructure Bonds
- 2011- IDFC and Khazanah agreed to enter into a joint venture (JV) to set up a dedicated infrastructure development company with a focus on road sector in India. Khazanah would hold 80.1 % of the equity share capital in the proposed JV and the balance would be held by IDFC. Khazanah and IDFC also proposed to invest in convertible instruments issued by the JV.
- 2011-IDFC became the 1st Financial Services company in India to be awarded the Tier III Design certification for their Central Data Center by the well recognized Uptime Institute.
- 2012- Launches ''In Our Hands'' an youth engagement initiative, to socialize the policy advocacy work being done under the aegis of the India Infrastructure Report(IIR).
- 2014- RBI grants an in-principle approval to IDFC to set-up a Bank in 18 months
- 2015- IDFC Mutual Fund launches IDFC Corporate Bond Fund
- 2017- IDFC Alternatives Infra Fund acquires seven solar projects from First Solar
- 2018- .IDFC launched its NRI Banking services to complete its liability product suite.
- 2018- IDFC launched two close-ended equity fund offerings, which are tailored to client requirements
- 2019- The IDFC Saathi app, launched to support its distributors with their client transactions and portfolio tracking, has been downloaded over 10,000 times
- 2020- IDFC, through its wholly owned subsidiary - IDFC Financial Holding Company (IDFC FHCL), has completed the transaction for sale of its 100% equity stake held in IDFC Securities.
|Parent Organization||IDFC Ltd.||Managing Director||Mahendra Shah|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|