About the Company
IDBI Bank Ltd. is operating as a full service universal bank that serves the customers from all segments. IDBI Bank has inherited a rich legacy from its predecessor entity - Industrial Development Bank of India - which was an apex Development Financial Institution (DFI) in the realm of industry from July 1, 1964 to September 30, 2004. As a DFI, the erstwhile IDBI stretched its canvas beyond mere project financing to cover an array of services that contributed towards balanced geographical spread of industries, development of identified backward areas, emergence of a new spirit of enterprise and evolution of a deep and vibrant capital market. As an universal bank, IDBI Bank touches the lives of millions of Indians through a wide array of banking products and services. Besides, the Bank has an established presence in associated financial sector businesses including capital market, investment banking and mutual fund business. The Bank’s very business philosophy is characterised by the commitment to provide relevant financial solutions, ensure maximum customer convenience through easy access to branches and ATMs as well as digital offerings and excellence in customer service.
Business area of the bank
IDBI Bank provides a wide gamut of financial products and services encompassing deposits, loans, payment services and investment solutions. It is committed to understanding its customers’ needs and aim at consistently delivering relevant financial solutions and excellent customer service. The bank provides different types of services. Retail banking: It provides a wide range of products and services like deposits, loans, NRI services, demat, pension account, mobile banking, internet banking, investment schemes such as mutual fund, insurance products, bonds, debentures etc. Corporate banking: It provides corporates project finance, film finance, foreign currency loan, working capital finance, treasury products, etc. Agri business and microfinance: It provides finance to agri businesses in the form of dairy loans, farm mechanization loans, financing for fisheries, poultry, piggery, warehouse receipt finance, etc. SME: IDBI Bank also offers products and services to SME sector.
Products/Services of the Bank
- Preferred Banking
- Savings Account
- Kutumb - Family Banking
- Flexi Current Account
- Corporate Payroll Account
- Fixed Deposit & Lockers
- Pradhanmantri Social Security Scheme
- PayApt-Mobile Wallet
- 24 Hours Banking
- Trusteeship through ITSL
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account
Awards and Accolades
- IDBI Bank received prestigious awards under APY Prime Championship Cup & APY Formation Day organised by Pension Fund Regulatory & Development Authority (PFRDA).
- Ranked 13th amongst 51 banks/ financial institutions, with respect to progress made under digital banking, as per a report by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), GoI.
- Ranked 3rd in the NSDL Star Performer Awards - 2019 in New Demat Accounts opened under the PSU-Bank Category at NSDL’s 34th DP Conference held in Mumbai.
- Conferred BFSI Award under Digital Financial Inclusion category at 4th India Banking Reforms Conclave held at Mumbai for undertaking excellent steps to spread digital financial inclusion in remote areas.
- Awarded National Award for its outstanding performance in SHG Bank Linkages 2018-19 (Private Sector Banks Category) under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana - National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY – NRLM).
- Rajbhasha Award conferred on the Bank’s Zonal Office, New Delhi and Regional Office, Ludhiana by the respective Town Official Language Implementation Committee (TOLIC) for commendable performance in Rajbhasha implementation.
- The Bank’s in-house Hindi Magazine ‘Vikas Prabha’ conferred the Best In-House Magazine citation from ‘Ashirvad’ - a renowned literary and cultural organisation.
- Officials from the Department of Official Language, Ministry of Home Affairs, GoI, appreciated the inclusive implementation of Hindi in Bank’s working during their inspections.
- IDBI Bank launched Portfolio Investment Scheme.
- IDBI Bank Launched ‘Urban Financial Inclusion Programme’ at Dhobi Ghat.
- IDBI Bank Launched 24*7 Loan Monitoring System for its Retail and Corporate Clients.
- IDBI Bank Launched MSE Focused Branch in Jalandhar.
- IDBI Bank launched India's first online Retail G-Sec Portal.
- IDBI Bank Introduced Digital Signature based authentication for Corporate Inet Banking Channel IDBI Bank introduces online PPF Subscription Facility IDBI Bank establishes inland Letter of Credits (LCs) through Structured Financial Messaging System (SFMS) and introduces issuance of BRC in electronic form.
- IDBI inked MoC with Exim Bank to co-finance export oriented companies.
- IDBI Bank introduced online PPF Subscription Facility.
- IDBI Bank has amongst other parties entered Share Purchase Agreement (SPA) with Muthoot Finance (Buyer).
- IDBI Bank has become the first lender to enable document embedding feature on a structured financial messaging system (SFMS) managed by Indian Financial Technology and Allied Services (IFTAS).
|Parent Organization||IDBI Bank Ltd.||Managing Director||Rakesh Sharma|