Metal - Non Ferrous
|Market Cap||9,332 Cr||EPS||2.6||High||97|
|Stock P/E||37.0||Net Profit Margin||14.4||Low||94.55|
Hindustan Copper Price chart
|Market Cap||9,332 Cr||ROE||42.6%|
|P/B Ratio||8.0||Dividend Yield||1.2%|
|Industry P/E||14.4||Book Value||12.0|
About the Company
Hindustan Copper Limited (HCL), a public sector undertaking under the administrative control of the Ministry of Mines, was incorporated on November 09, 1967. It has the distinction of being the nation’s only vertically integrated copper producing company as it manufactures copper right from the stage of mining to beneficiation, smelting, refining and casting of refined copper metal into downstream saleable products. The company markets copper cathodes, copper wire bar, continuous cast copper rod and by-products, such as anode slime (containing gold, silver, etc.), copper sulphate and sulphuric acid.
Business area of the company
Hindustan Copper is engaged in the business activities ranging from the stage of mining to beneficiation, smelting, refining and casting of refined copper metal into downstream saleable products. The company markets copper cathodes, copper wire bar, continuous cast copper rod and by-products, such as anode slime (containing precious metals), copper sulphate and sulphuric acid.
Products offered by the company
- Continuous Cast Copper Rod
- Copper Cathode
- Copper Concentrate
- Copper Sulpahte
- Sulphuric Acid
- Anode Slime
- Nickel Cathode
Awards and Accolades
- Kolihan Copper Mine, Rajasthan won the National Safety Awards (Mines) for year 2015 under category LAFP (Longest Accident Free Period)-Type-6.
- Surda Copper Mine, Jharkhand got runner-up prize at National Safety Awards (Mines) for year 2015 under category LAFP (Longest Accident Free Period)-Type-6.
- HCL was conferred with Kolkata Best Employer Brand Award by World HRD Congress during the award ceremony held on November 08, 2017 at Taj Bengal, Kolkata.
- HCL was awarded the National CSR Leadership Award by World CSR Day on September 09, 2017 at Vivanta by Taj, Yeshwantpur, Bangalore.
- The Quality Circle teams ‘Dinkar’ and ‘Sahyog’ of ICC won in Gold Category during the Chapter Convention on Quality Concepts (CCQC), 2017 on September 12, 2017 at Taj Bengal, Kolkata. They were also placed in ‘Excellence’ and ‘Par Excellence’ Category respectively during the National Convention on Quality Concepts (NCQC), 2017 held during December 01, 2017 to 4.12.2017 at Mysore.
- Shri Anupam Anand, Director (Personnel) was identified as one of India's Best HR Leaders in PSUs by Times Ascent Presents - Asia Pacific HRM Congress & Awards - 16th Edition on 19.9.2017 at Vivanta By Taj, Yeshwantpur, Bangalore. Jury and Council of Board members of World HRD Congress conferred HR Super Achievers - PSUs to Shri Anupam Anand on 16.2.2018 at Taj Lands End, Mumbai.
- HCL was conferred with Kolkata Best Employer BrandAward by World HRD Congress during the award ceremony held on November 08, 2017 at TajBengal, Kolkata
- HCL was awarded with Third prize for its Corporate Film (English) and Third prize for its Coffee Table Book (English) at the PRSI Nation Awards 2018 organized by Public Relation Society of India.
- Surda mine of ICC got 1st prize in Storage, Transport and use of Explosives in All India underground metal mines safety, cleanliness and silicosis awareness week 2018.
- HCL was conferred the best CSR Impact Initiative Award at the National Awards for Excellence in CSR and Sustainability, under the category of 'Best Corporate Social Responsibility Practices' on September 09, 2018 at Vivanta by Taj, Yeshwantpur, Bangaluru
- HCL received ‘Honourable Mention’ at the National CSR Awards 2018 in the category - ‘Corporate Awards in CSR in Challenging Circumstances, Sub Category - East’ organized on October 29, 2019 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi for its project in Drinking Water and Sanitation. This was the first National CSR Award organized by Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India.
- HCL was awarded the 'ET Now presents CSR Leadership Awards' by World CSR Day under the category of 'Safe Drinking Water' held on February 02, 2019 at Taj Lands End, Mumbai.
- November 1967- Incorporated to take over from National Mineral Development Corporation Ltd.
- March 1972- Indian Copper Corporation Limited, Private Sector Company, located at Ghatsila, Jharkhand with Smelter and Refinery was Nationalized and made part of HCL.
- February 1975- Fully integrated Copper complex from mining to refining came on stream at Khetri (capacity 31,000 tonnes of refined copper)
- November 1982 - The largest hard rock open pit mine in the country came into stream at Malanjkhand in Madhya Pradesh of capacity 2 million tonnes ore
- December 1989 - Continuous Cast Wire Rod plant of South Wire Technology of capacity 60,000 MT was commissioned at Taloja in Maharashtra.
- June 2015- Secondary Copper Smelter and Refinery Unit at Jhagadia, Gujarat (50,000 TPA of Copper Cathodes Conforming to LME-A grade)
- Reopened Kendadh mines at Jharkhand in December, 2017 and Commissioned Banwas mine (new mine) at Khetri Copper Complex,Rajasthan in June, 2017.
- In FY2018-19 Chhattisgarh Copper Ltd (CCL) has been incorporated as a Joint Venture Company between Hindustan Copper Ltd and Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corporation Ltd (CMDC) for exploration, mining and beneficiation of copper and its associated minerals in the State of Chhattisgarh. The shareholding of HCL and CMDC is in the ratio of 74:26. In view of HCL's shareholding of 74%, CCL is also a subsidiary company of HCL.
- The Cabinet committee on Economic Affairs has given its approval to HCL for issue of fresh equity shares to the extent of 15% of paid up equity capital through the Qualified Institutions Placement (QIP) method.
- HCL has invested Rs 75 lakh in the equity shares of Khanij Bidesh India Ltd (KABIL), a JV company between NALCO, HCL and MECL incorporated on August 08, 2019 with the objective to identify, acquire, develop, process and make commercial use of strategic and other minerals in overseas locations for supply in India and boost “Make in India” campaign. The shareholding of NALCO, HCL and MECL in the JV Company is in the ratio of 40:30:30.
- Hindustan Copper has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Hindalco Industries for long-term sale of copper concentrate produced by HCL to Hindalco in 2020.
|Parent Organization||Hindustan Copper Ltd.||Managing Director||Arun Kumar Shukla|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|