About the Company
Heidelberg Cement India is a subsidiary of Heidelberg Cement Group, Germany. The Company has its operations in Central India at Damoh (Madhya Pradesh), Jhansi (Uttar Pradesh) and in Southern India at Ammasandra (Karnataka). HeidelbergCement India is a public company domiciled in India and is incorporated on May 13, 1958 under the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956. The Company’s equity is listed on BSE and National Stock Exchange of India.
One of the world's largest integrated manufacturers of building materials, Heidelberg Cement Group made its foray into India in early 2006. The move was motivated by its pursuit for growth which emanated from the opportunities available in the growing market of developing countries. As a part of its growth strategy, the Group acquired controlling stake in Mysore Cements Limited as well as the Indorama Cement Limited Joint Venture, which in 2008 was converted into a complete acquisition.
After the merger of Indorama Cement with Mysore Cements, in 2009, Mysore Cements was renamed Heidelberg Cement India Ltd. Since then there has been no looking back. In 2009, the Company undertook a brownfield capacity expansion in Central India to increase its cement manufacturing capacity from 2.1 million tonnes per annum to 5.4 million tonnes per annum. The company’s Mycem’ and ‘Mycem Power’ - two brands - have become synonymous with 'quality' and 'reliability' the two factors that distinguish good and great cement.
Business area of the company
HeidelbergCement India is engaged in the manufacturing and selling of cement.
Products and services
- mycem ConcreteMAX
- Amsa - Various awards from MSA on Drilling & blasting, Method of working, Best operator, Safe drilling & blasting practice, Transportation of mineral/debris, Best overall performance, Vocational training/HRD, Maintenance & service of heavy earthmoving machinery, Welfare amenities, Operation & maintenance of heavy earth moving machinery and Occupational health welfare amenities & safety card.
- Damoh - Various awards from FICCI,Indian Bureau of Mines, Director General of Mines Safety for safety systems excellence awards for manufacturing and mining activities.
- Amsa- Award for lowest injury frequency rate per lakh manshift metal mines-mechanised opencast with manshift lakhs.
- Narsinghgarh Mines- Narsinghgarh Lime Stone Mine was adjudged Winner for the 'Lowest Injury Frequency Rate' in Metal Mines (Mechanised Opencast Mines) with Manshift< 0.5 lacs category at country level for the year 2009. The 'National Safety Award' was received from the Hon. President of India in the Award Presentation Ceremony held at VigyanBhawan, New Delhi on November 21, 2012.
- Damoh- National energy conservation award: Certificate of Merit of national energy conservation awar
- Narsinghgarh Mines- Narsinghgarh Limestone Mine awarded with 1st prize for “Overall Safety Performance” in Mechanized 'A' Category Mines, for the year 2012.
- Amsa- Yerekatte Lime Stone Mines Awarded with 1st prize - Overall Performance State and Safety Management System during Mines Safety Week 2013-14.
- Narsinghgarh & Imlai- A letter of appreciation by the Damoh Govt. authorities for sparing emergency resources and controlling & extinguishing the major fire spread out at damoh shopping complex
- Narsinghgarh- Diamond Cement - Clinkerisation Unit (Narsinghgarh) Received ‘Green Manufacturing Excellence Award-2013 (Aspirants Level)’
- Narsinghgarh- Narsinghgarh plant received 'FICCI Safety Systems Excellence Awards for Manufacturing-2013 – Certificate of Appreciation' for Good Safety Practices presented by Shri Kodikunnil Suresh, Hon'ble Minister of State for Labour & Employment in the award ceremony held at New Delhi on 10th Dec-13.
- All plants & HO- HeidelbergCement India Limited certified for Integrated Management System (IMS) confirming to ISO 9001: 2008, ISO 14001: 2004 & OHSAS 18001: 2007 standards by TUV-SUD in Dec-13.
- Narsingarh- Best Contributor Management by Honourable Labour Minister of Madhya Pradesh Mr Antar Singh Arya on 20th July 14.
- Damoh- Damoh plant is awarded with certificate of merit for year 2012. Award ceremony held at CEA auditorium, sewa bhawan on September 23, 2014
- National Energy Conservation Award- Narsingarh plant has been awarded with “National Energy Conservation Award - Second prize in the Cement sector“at the awards ceremony held at Vigyan Bhawan , New Delhi on December 14, 2014 .
- Ammasandra- Yerekatte Lime Stone Mines received 2nd Prize – Overall Performance and 1st Prize - Safety Song/Slogans.
- Jabalpur- Overall First prize in category of Fully Mechanised (B) of MEMCW 2013-14 under the aegis of Indian Bureau of Mines Jabalpur region.
- Jhansi- Jhansi Unit awarded “Excellent Energy Efficient Unit” by Confederation of Indian Industry during the 17th Edition of CII’s National Awards for Excellence in Energy Management at Hyderabad - August 2016.
- Narsingarh- Narsingarh Unit awarded as “Excellent Energy Efficient Unit” by Confederation of Indian Industry during the 17th Edition of CII’s National Awards for Excellence in Energy Management at Hyderabad - August 2016.
History & Milestones
- HeidelbergCement Group entered India in 2006 through a 50:50 JV in Indorama Cement Limited and acquisition of the majority stake in Mysore Cement Limited.
- HeidelbergCement Group acquired the balance stake of Indorama Cement in 2008 and merged the operations of the same with Mysore Cement Limited and capacity of the Company increased to 3.07 million tonnes per annum.The merged entity was renamed as HeidelbergCement India Limited w.e.f. April 09.
- Having consolidated its operations, the Company completed brownfield expansion of its facilities in Central India in 2013 and cement capacity was increased to 6 million tonnes p.a.
- Considering the infrastructural bottlenecks at the Raigad grinding unit, the plant was sold to JSW Steel Ltd. in Jan'14. Post the disposal, HeidelbergCement India's capacity stands at 5.4 Mn Tonne (Two Integrated Plants and One Grinding Unit).
- The new manufacturing capacity has enabled the Company to increase its market share in Central India i.e. Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh and in markets of Bihar, Haryana and Uttarakhand. With the help of a committed sales team supported by quality product, the Company has carved a niche for its brand 'mycem' in new markets and has further improved its brand positioning in the existing ones.
- Cement grinding Capacity enhanced to 6.26 million tonnes in 2020
|Heidelberg Cement India Ltd.