|Market Cap||3,983 Cr||EPS||-2.5||High||288.4|
|Stock P/E||0.0||Net Profit Margin||1.3||Low||282.5|
Healthcare Global Price chart
|Market Cap||3,983 Cr||ROE||5.2%|
|P/B Ratio||3.5||Dividend Yield||0.0%|
|Industry P/E||57.9||Book Value||80.8|
About the Company
Healthcare Global Enterprises was originally incorporated as Curie Centre of Oncology Private Limited on March 12, 1998 at Bengaluru, Karnataka, India as a private limited company under the Companies Act, 1956. The name of the company was subsequently changed to HealthCare Global Enterprises Private Limited and a fresh certificate of incorporation consequent upon change of name was issued by the RoC on November 14, 2005. The company was converted into a public limited company pursuant to a special resolution passed by its Shareholders at the extraordinary general meeting held on May 20, 2006 and the name of the company was changed to HealthCare Global Enterprises Limited. A fresh certificate of incorporation consequent upon conversion to a public limited company was issued by the RoC on July 5, 2006.
The company is a provider of speciality healthcare services in India focused on cancer and fertility. Under the “HCG” brand, it operates the largest cancer care network in India in terms of the total number of private cancer treatment centres licensed by the AERB . Under the “Milann” brand, it operates its fertility centres.
The company’s HCG network operates on a “hub and spoke” model, wherein its HCG centre of excellence in Bengaluru serves as a “hub” to its other cancer centres. Its centre of excellence provides its other centres access to centralised quality control and assurance services; establishes treatment protocols that are adhered to across its HCG network; provides centralised treatment planning and tele-radiology services to help with diagnosis and treatment; conducts weekly central tumour board meetings to review complex cases; and also gives its HCG network access to advanced technologies, such as WBRRS and specialised procedures such as liver transplants and stem cell therapies. This model allows HCG network of cancer centres to leverage the expertise and capabilities of its centre of excellence, which when combined with the diagnostic and treatment facilities at its cancer centres, allows it to deliver quality cancer care to patients across India in a seamless manner.
The company follows a multidisciplinary approach to cancer care across its HCG network, wherein specialist physicians from various disciplines collaborate to provide the best course of treatment for each patient. This allows it to share and develop best practices, build clinical expertise and adopt standardised protocols for diagnosis and treatment, thereby improving the quality of its cancer care services. As a result, the company is able to better serve its patients and ensure consistent clinical outcomes.
Given the large number of patient cases treated across its HCG network, the company is able to efficiently utilise its equipment, technologies and human resources, thereby deriving economies of scale. Furthermore, through the adoption of a centralised drug and consumables formulary, it is able to lower the overall cost of drugs and consumables. Its business model is scalable and when combined with efficient utilisation of resources, it enables it to operate within a competitive cost structure.
Business area of the company
The company is Bangalore based provider of speciality healthcare in India focused on cancer and fertility. It operates the largest cancer care network in India in terms of the total number of private cancer treatment centres licensed. It also operates fertility centres under the ‘Milann’ brand.
Major events and milestones
- 2005: Entered into the clinical laboratory business through acquisition of Triesta Sciences Inc. and Triesta Sciences (India) Private Limited.
- 2006: India Development Fund made its first investment of Rs 500 million in the company,
- 2006: BMORCL became its subsidiary.
- 2007: HCG Medi-Surge became its subsidiary.
- 2007: Evolvence made its first investment of Rs 225 million in the company,
- 2008: NTICPL made its first investment of Rs 400 million in the company.
- 2009: Amalgamation of Triesta Sciences (India) Private Limited and Triesta Sciences Inc. with the company.
- 2010: IL&FS Trust Company Limited a/c MPEF, through its scheme India Build Out Fund I and MAT made its first investment of Rs 312 million in the company.
- 2011: Amalgamation of BMORCL with the company.
- 2011: PIOF became a Shareholder by purchasing shares from NTICPL.
- 2013: V-Sciences made its first investment of Rs 600 million in the company.
- 2013: Entered into the fertility business through acquisition of 50.10% stake in BACC Healthcare.
- 2014: Demerger of multispecialty division from HCG Medi-Surge and vesting of the same with the company.
- 2015: HCG Regency became its subsidiary.
- 2015: Amalgamation of HCG Vijay with the company.
Awards and accreditations
- 2010: The company received the ‘Oncology Leader of the Year’ award from Frost and Sullivan.
- 2011: The company and its Triesta Reference Laboratory received CAP accreditation valid up to August 25, 2015.
- 2011: The company received the ‘Oncology Leader of the Year’ award from Frost and Sullivan.
- 2012: HCG cancer centre at Bengaluru received NABH accreditation valid up to May 11, 2018.
- 2013: The company received the ‘Best Place to Work in Indian Healthcare’ award from People Strong and HOSMAC.
- 2013: HMS, Ahmedabad received NABH accreditation valid up to June 22, 2016.
- 2013: Triesta Reference Laboratory received accreditation from the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Caliberation Laboratories for its facilities at HCG Tower, Bengaluru in the field of medical testing valid up to October 13, 2015.
- 2013: The company was designated an ESMO Designated Centre of Integrated Oncology and Palliative Care.
- 2013: The company received the ‘Most Innovative Single Specialty Healthcare Entity’ award from VC Circle.
- 2014: The company received the ‘Golden Peacock Award for Innovation in Management’ from the Institute of Directors.
- 2014: Its pathology laboratory at HMS received ISO 9001 certification valid up to August 30, 2017.
- 2015: The company received recognition from the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India for its in-house research and development wing at HCG Tower, Bengaluru.
|Parent Organisation||Healthcare Global Enterprises Ltd.||Managing Director|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|