|Market Cap||1,28,289 Cr||EPS||180.1||High||1941.6|
|Stock P/E||21.3||Net Profit Margin||20.7||Low||1908|
|Market Cap||1,28,289 Cr||ROE||27.2%|
|P/B Ratio||5.3||Dividend Yield||1.4%|
|Industry P/E||22.3||Book Value||729.2|
About the Company
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is a limited Company incorporated in India. It is presently a Government Company within the meaning of Section 2(45) of the Companies Act, 2013 as the President of India acting through the Ministry of Defense (MoD) holds 89.97% equity shares of the Company.
Hindustan Aeronautics has been conferred with the ‘Navratna’ status by the GoI in June 2007 and is the largest DPSU in terms of value of production according to the MoD Annual Report 2016-2017. It was the largest aerospace company in the world in terms of revenue in 2016 according to Flight International. Its operations is organised into five complexes, namely the Bangalore Complex, MiG Complex, Helicopter Complex, Accessories Complex, and Design Complex, which together include many production divisions and various research and design centres (R&D Centres) located across India. It rely on indigenous research as well as enter into technology transfer and licence agreements to manufacture its products.
Business area of the company
HAL is engaged in the design, development, manufacture, repair, overhaul, upgrade and servicing of a wide range of products including, aircraft, helicopters, aero-engines, avionics, accessories and aerospace structures. The Company has been set up to meet the requirement of Indian Defense Forces (namely Indian Airforce, Indian Navy, Indian Army and Coast Guard) in the area of Aerospace.
Products and services offered by the company
- Future Products
- Power Point
- System and Accessories
- Aircraft MRO
- Helicopters MRO
- Power Plant Services
- Systems, Accessories and Avionics
- Spares & Services
- The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee honored HAL with ‘SCOPE Meritorious Award 2014-15’ for Corporate Governance at New Delhi on April 11, 2017.
- HAL has been conferred ‘Golden Peacock Innovative Product/ Service Award - 2017’ by the Institute of Directors during its ‘Dubai Global Convention - 2017’ held on April 19, 2017.
- HAL has been conferred ‘Raksha Mantri’s awards for Excellence’ for the year 2015-16 by Shri Arun Jaitley, Defence Minister in New Delhi on May 30, 2017.
- Shri T Suvarna Raju, CMD, has been conferred the ‘Digital Transformer Award 2017’ by International Data Corporation (IDC) at New Delhi on August 4, 2017.
- Golden Peacock Innovative Product / Service Award for the year 2018 for the project ‘Repair of Non ToT Test equipment ARM-RLSU (SNK-30 MK) used for checking of Radar Complex of Su-30 MKI Aircraft, during the global Convention held between 17th and April 19, 2018 at Dubai.
- Star Performer Award for the year 2016-17 in the Product Group - Defence Related Items, Large Enterprise, was presented by the Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC) India on May 31, 2018 at New Delhi.
- The Gold Trophy in recognition of outstanding contribution to Skill Development was awarded to HAL in the Best PSU- Public Sector Training Programme” category, during the Summit-cum-Awards function on Skilling India, organised by ASSOCHAM on November 01, 2018 at New Delhi.
- ‘Governance Now’ 6th PSU Award Teconology Adaption under Navratna Category at New Delhi on January 17, 2019
- HAL received SCOPE Corporate Communications Excellence Award 2019 on August 3, 2019 at New Delhi.
- HAL received Karnataka State Export Award for the year 2016-17 under the PSU category
- HAL was conferred with Governance Now 7th 146 award for ‘Research and Innovation’ on February 19, 2020.
Major Events and Milestones:
- 1964: Hindustan Aircraft Limited was amalgamated with Company pursuant to the order of the Company Law Board dated September 28, 1964.
- 1970: Company established the Helicopter factory at Bangalore.
- 1983: Company established the Korwa Division for Advanced Avionics at Korwa, Uttar Pradesh.
- 1998: Company established the Industrial and Marine Gas Turbine Division for aeroderivative gas turbines and industrial engines at Bangalore.
- 2000: Company established the Airport Service Centre at Bangalore.
- 2006: Company upgraded the Barrackpore Branch Factory to a Division.
- 2008: Company created a separate Helicopter Complex.
- 2015: Restructuring of all R&D Centres under Design Complex.
- 2016: Upgradation of the Korwa branch of Aerospace Systems and Equipment Research and Design Centre to an R&D Centre.
- 2016: 100% subsidiary of Company, Naini Aerospace Limited, incorporated on December 29, 2016.
- 2017: A subsidiary of Company, Indo-Russian Helicopters Limited, incorporated on May 2, 2017.
- 2018: LCA Tejas successfully completed mid air refuelling trial on September 18, 2018
- 2018: Astra Missile integrated in Su-30 MKI Aircraft and test fired on September 26,2018
- 2019: HTT-40 successfully demonstrated 6-turn spin capability at Bengaluru on October 1, 2019
- 2020: LCA Navy Mk-1 prototype-2 successfully demonstrated arrested landing on ship INS Vikramaditya on January 11,2020
- 2020: First Light Combat (LCA) in FOC standard took to the skies for maiden fight on March 17, 2020
|Parent Organization||Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.||Managing Director||CB Ananthakrishnan|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|