|Market Cap||3,364 Cr||EPS||54.3||High||704.7|
|Stock P/E||12.6||Net Profit Margin||9.2||Low||683.15|
|Market Cap||3,364 Cr||ROE||21.1%|
|P/B Ratio||2.8||Dividend Yield||3.6%|
|Industry P/E||15.6||Book Value||244.7|
About the Company
Gulf Oil Lubricants India Ltd (GOLIL), part of the Hinduja Group, is an established player in the Indian Lubricants Industry. Gulf Oil International (GOI), parent of GOLIL, owns the Gulf brand globally (except USA, Spain & Portugal). Previously a part of Gulf Oil Corporation Limited, today, GOLIL, as part of the parent company GOI, enjoys a presence in many countries.
With operations primarily in the Automotive and Industrial segments, and a leading presence in the open market through a stellar distributor network, GOLIL supply directly to OEMs and other B2B customers (Industries, Infrastructure, Mining & Fleet Customers, State Transport and Government Undertakings).
Business area of the company
Gulf Oil Lubricants India is engaged in the business of manufacturing, marketing and trading of automotive and non-automotive lubricants.
Products and services offered by the company
- Automotive Lubricants
- Industrial Lubricants
- Won the World Training and Development Leadership Award from the World HRD Congress
- Won the Brandon Hall Excellence award 2017
- Gulf Oil India won the ‘best team of the year’ award in Gulf Oil International’s Global Conference in Dubai
FY 2018- 19
- Gulf MLP - Master Mechanic - won ‘Best Loyalty Program in Auto Sector’ in the 12th Customer Loyalty Summit, 2019 - Customer Fest Show.
- Gulf MLP - Master Mechanic - won ‘Best Influencer Marketing Platform Award’ in the Mar Tech Leadership Awards, 2019.
- Flame Asia Silver award for ‘Agriculture and Allied Campaigns’
- Gold at the ACEF awards for ‘Effective Customer Engagement campaign for Brand Awareness’
- Chennai facility has been awarded “Gold Level Certification” by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC).
- India’s most admired automobile lubricant brand, 2019 Gulf Oil was adjudged “India’s Most Admired Automobile Lubricant Brand” and Ravi Chawla, MD & CEO, was selected as one of “India’s most Inspirational Leader” by WPI in their India’s Most Admired Brands/ Companies and Leaders for 2019-20.
- Won 2 golds at the WOW Awards Asia 2020 which are among the most prestigious on-ground activation awards in the industry
- Suraksha Bandhan campaign created a Guinness World Record for ‘The Longest Line Of Postcards’
- Gold at the Singapore Customer Engagement Awards
- Silver at the Flame Awards Asia, 2019
- Two Gold and one Bronze at the ACEF Global Awards, 2019
- Felicitation of Gulf Supreme Tractotsav winners by the Uttar Pradesh Agriculture minister at a grand meet in Lucknow on ‘Krishi Diwas’
- Champion of the Champions award for the best loyalty programme of the year
- The most innovative program of the year for Gulf-Zomato Partnership.
- Gulf Unnati programme won the Best Channel Loyalty Program award at ‘The Customers Fest Awards 2020 - 13th edition’
- 1920- Gulf introduced in India by Silvertown Lubricants, UK, through its Indian subsidiary.
- 1930- Gulf Oil India Ltd is formed with the acquisition of Silvertown by Gulf.
- 1974- Gulf Oil India Ltd becomes part of the JP Goenka group and is renamed as Petrosil India.
- 1984- Hinduja Group acquires rights to Gulf brand globally and also picks up 26% stake in the Indian entity.
- 1993- Gulf Oil India set up by the Hinduja Group.
- 2002- Hinduja merges Gulf Oil India with IDL Industries to form Gulf Oil Lubricants India Limited.
- 2006- Gulf Oil redefines performance standards of Diesel Engine Oils segment with the launch of Gulf SUPERFLEET LE Max which had a drain interval of 36,000 km.
- 2007- Gulf Pride 4T Plus, India’s first motorcycle engine oil with a drain interval of 10,000 km is launched. The claim has been rigorously tested both internally (by M/s Sportscraft) and externally (by IADADA).
- 2008- Gulf Oil, as a pioneer initiative in the Industry, participated in the IPL for the first time by sponsoring KXIP. This initiative was followed up by a rich history of Gulf’s Involvement with IPL s as Gulf sponsored CSK and RPSG in the coming years.
- 2009- Gulf MAX range of New Generation passenger car motor oils introduced from global portfolio, with MX4 Technology and industry leading technical specifications.
- 2010- Gulf SUPERFLEET LE Max becomes India’s first engine oil with a drain interval of 40,000 km.
- 2011- Gulf-Mahindra co-brand introduced to deliver superior performance and customer satisfaction to India’s leading automaker with the launch of Gulf Super Diesel X-10, with a drain interval of 10,000 km. Gulf took the Indian auto sector by storm with the launch of GULF SUPERFLEET LE Dura Max, the first-ever 80,000 km drain interval engine oil.
- 2011- Gulf Oil India signed up Mahindra Singh Dhoni as its official Brand Ambassador that has being going from strength to strength and has become an integral part of ‘Gulf Oil’ Brand’s Success.
- 2012- Gulf’s portfolio for the Mining & Construction sector strengthened through a tie up with L&T Komatsu and launch of the Gulf Super Duty LTK range of hydraulic and engine oils.
- 2013- Gulf cracked an OEM partnership with Mahindra and Swaraj for creating co-branded oils for Tractors.
- 2014- Gulf entered into an exclusive partnership with Whitmore, a giant in specialty lubricant, as their official distributor in India.
- 2015- GOI entered into a global partnership with the Manchester United, one of the top clubs globally, as their esteemed partners.
- 2016- Gulf cracked an OEM partnership with Bajaj, India’s no.2 in Motorcycle Manufacturing, for manufacturing and supplying Genuine Oil for Motorcycle, both Domestic as well as Global.
- 2017- Universal Tractor Transmission oil for an OEM with 1200hr drain interval.
- 2017- Established long drain prowess with new environment friendly technology coolant with change period of 3,00,000 km.
- 2018- Introduced OEM co-branded axle oil for with 120,000km and 1500hr drain interval.
- 2018- Gear Oil launched for an OEM with drain interval extension up to 3000 hr.
- 2019- Industrial products has been launched namely Heavy Duty Industrial Grease - Gulf Crown HD Blue and High Performance Hydraulic Oil - Gulf Harmony AW Premium
- 2020- Gulf Oil Lubricants India (Gulf Oil) has renewed its strategic partnership with Bajaj Auto for three years.
- 2020- Gulf Oil Lubricants enters into long term strategic partnership with S-Oil Corporation
|Parent Organization||Gulf Oil Lubricants India Ltd.||Managing Director||Ravi Chawla|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|