About the Company
Greaves Cotton Limited commonly known as Greaves is one of the leading and diversified engineering companies in India with a rich legacy and brand trust of many years impacting a million lives every day. Greaves is a market leader in fuel-agnostic powertrain solutions and manufactures Cleantech powertrains for CNG, Petrol, and Diesel segments.
The company operates in multiple segments namely Automotive, Non-Automotive, Aftermarket, Greaves Retail, Electric Mobility (Ampere Electric for electric scooters and other electric industrial products and e-rickshaw) & Greaves Finance.
Over the years, the company has actively participated in nation-building and continues to support the 'Make-In-India' initiative of the Government through its several state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in the country creating world-class products and solutions. The company has a vast nationwide network with hundreds of Greaves big retail centres & thousands of smaller spare parts retail outlets across the country.
Business area of the company
The company is engaged in manufacturing of engines, engine applications and trading of power tillers, spares related to engines, electric vehicles and infrastructure equipment etc. The Company has manufacturing facilities in the states of Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu. The products are mainly sold in India with some export to Middle East, Africa & South East Asia Region. The Company has two direct and one indirect subsidiary.
- Power Solutions
- Agri Solutions
- Industrial Engines
- Electric 2 Wheeler - Ampere
- Electric 3 Wheeler - Ele
- 1859: James Greaves and George Cotton founded the company.
- 1937: Greaves Cotton entered into a joint Venture with Crompton Parkinson of England to introduce ceiling fans and range of other electrical products in India.
- 1939: Joint Venture with Ruston & Hornsby ltd., U.K. and started manufacturing diesel engines in India.
- 1947: Pioneering industrialist Lala Karamchand Thapar bought Greaves and it became an Indian Company.
- 1962: Greaves Power Transmission unit set up in Pune in collaboration with David Brown Gear Industries, U.K., and pioneered the manufacturing of Industrial and marine Gear boxes in India.
- 1986: Greaves Joint Venture wwith Morganite Crucible Ltd., U.K. to manufacture Silicon Carbide Crucibles. Technical collaboration with BOMAG GmbH, Germany, to manufacture Vibratory Compactors.
- 1996: Launched Transit Mixer and batching plants.
- 2001: Introduced concreting equipment in technical collaboration with CIFA of Italy.
- 2005: Eco friendly light diesel engine complying with Bharat stage II (Euro II) emission norms launched.
- 2007: Greaves second Transit mixer manufacturing facility opened near Chennai. Greaves acquires Bukh-Farymann GmbH Diesel, Germany Greaves sets up light engines unit IV at Aurangabad.
- 2009: Greaves crosses two million mark in light diesel engines.
- 2012: Greaves crosses three million mark in light diesel engines.
- 2017: Greaves Cotton Limited reaches over 5 million customers with made in India engines.
- 2018: Greaves opens 100th Greaves Care Centre for Conventional/ Alternate Fuel and Electric Vehicles. Greaves Cotton signs up with Piaggio Vehicles to develop a new generation of powertrain applications.
- 2019: Mahindra partners with greaves cotton to source BS-VI ready powertrain Solutions.
- 2019. Greaves Cotton launches BS-VI compliant, world’s cleanest single - cylinder Diesel engine.
- 2020: Ampere launches magnus Pro Electric Scooter.
- 2020: Greaves Genius, a series of Smart Gensets launched.
- 2020: Greaves launches OHV petrol pumpset.
|Parent Organization||Greaves Cotton Ltd.||Managing Director||Nagesh Basavanhalli|