About the Company
Graphite India Limited (GIL) is incorporated in 1964 in collaboration with “The Great Lakes Carbon Corporation of USA”. The company is engaged in manufacturing of graphite electrodes. GIL set up its first facility at Durgapur in east India in 1967. The company is the pioneer in Carbon and Graphite products in India. Starting with Graphite Electrodes, the core product of the company, it has entered into the coveted field of Speciality application of carbon and graphite. By further leveraging its core competence and economies of scale it intends to advance its production capacity cost efficiently.
With efficient global partners and proximity of its manufacturing facilities to inland customers and sea ports, GIL is able to ensure timely deliveries to its customers. Over the years GIL has emerged to become an established and reputed brand in the Global Market. The corporate philosophy of the company lays emphasis on consistent quality of products and services across all its divisions which have culminated to an enviable track record in the industry arena.
Business area of the company
The Company is engaged in the business of manufacturing Graphite electrodes, graphite equipments, steel, GRP pipes and tanks and generation of hydel power.
- Graphite Electrodes
- Impervious Graphite Equipment
- Speciality Products
- Carbon Products
- Glass Reinforced Plastic Pipes
- High Speed & alloy Tool Steel
Awards and recognitions
- Dun & Bradstreet Corporate Award 2015 from ECGC.
- National Award 2013-14 for star performance from EEPC.
- Special Export Award for 2012-13 from CAPEXIL.
- Niryat Shree Award (Non MSME Category) from FIEO.
- Top Export Award for 2014-15 from CAPEXIL.
- Top Export Award for 2013-14 from CAPEXIL.
- The Company has received Asia’s ‘Best Under a Billion 2018’ award from Forbes Asia.
- The Company continues to enjoy the status of a Star Trading House.
- Top Export Award for 2015-16 from CAPEXIL.
- Special Export Award for 2016-17 from CAPEXIL.
|Parent Organisation||Graphite India Ltd.||Managing Director|