About the Company
The company was incorporated as Godrej Agrovet Private Limited on November 25, 1991 in the state of Gujarat as a private limited company under the Companies Act, 1956. The company became a deemed public limited company under Section 43A(1) of the Companies Act, 1956, and the word “private” was struck off from the name of the company with effect from April 27, 1992. Pursuant to the company passing a resolution under Section 21 of the Companies Act, 1956, the company was registered as a public limited company with effect from August 26, 1994. Subsequently, the Registrar of Companies, Gujarat issued a fresh certificate of incorporation dated February 19, 2002 consequent upon conversion, recording the change of the company’s name to ‘Godrej Agrovet Limited’.
The company is focused on improving productivity of farmers by innovating products and services that sustainably increase crop and livestock yields. It has made significant investments to enhance its R&D capabilities over the years . The company has two dedicated R&D centres for its crop protection business at Mumbai and Thane, which has enabled the company to launch new products. Its oil palm business has a dedicated R&D center at Andhra Pradesh, which is focused on improving the yield performance of oil palm crop and exploring new avenues of value creation from oil palm biomass.
Business area of the company
The company is a diversified, research and development focused agri-business company with operations across five business verticals i.e. animal feed, crop protection, oil palm, dairy, and poultry and processed foods.
Awards and Accreditations
- 2013: The company has been recognized as one of the best 100 Companies in India for 2013 by Great Place to Work Institute India.
- 2014: The company has been recognized as one of the best 100 Companies in India for 2014 by Great Place to Work Institute India.
- 2015: The company has been recognized for Fairness in Performance Management System Category in 2015 by Great Place to Work Institute.
- 2015: The company has been named as an Aon Best Employer in the Aon Best Employers - India 2015 Programme by Aon Hewitt.
- 2015: The company was awarded ‘Highest Crude Palm Oil Producer in the Country’ at the GLOBOIL India, 2015.
- 2017: The company has been named as an Aon Best Employer in the Aon Best Employers - India 2017 Programme by Aon Hewitt.
- 2017: ACI Godrej received an award in the category of “QCC for Sustainable Development” in the 21st National Annual Quality Convention - 2017 organized by Bangladesh Society for Total Quality Management
- 2018-19: The Company’s Oil Palm plant at Chintampalli was awarded ‘Energy Efficient Unit’ at the Confederation of Indian Industry’s (CII) National Awards for Excellence in Energy Management 2018.
- 2018-19: The Company’s Subsidiary Astec LifeSciences Limited, Mahad Plant was awarded CII Environmental Best Practices Award 2018 in the category of Resource & Material Conservation.
- 2019-20: Oil Palm manufacturing site located at Chintampalli, won two awards for their sustainability initiatives. The plant was awarded the ‘Excellent Energy Effi cient Unit - Silver rating’ at the SNEMA Award 2019 for the first time, the National Safety Award 2019 and the Bombay Chamber of Commerce Award for Sustainability.
Major events and milestones
- 1991: The company was incorporated on November 25, 1991.
- 1992: The company acquired the agrovet division of Godrej Soaps Limited.
- 1997: The company acquired the oil palm business from Godrej Soaps Limited.
- 1999: The company acquired poultry business from IPF Breeders Private Limited.
- 2004: The company formed a joint venture company in Bangladesh namely, ACI Godrej Agrovet Private Limited.
- 2005: The company acquired 26% stake in Polchem Hygiene Laboratories Private Limited.
- 2005: The company acquired 26% stake in Creamline Dairy.
- 2005: The company acquired shrimp feed business from Higashimaru Feeds (India) Limited.
- 2012: V-Sciences made investment in the company by acquiring 19.99% of the Equity Share capital of the company.
- 2015: The company acquired majority stake in Astec Lifesciences.
- 2015: The company increased its stake from 26% to 52% in Creamline Dairy.
- 2016: The company sold its 26% stake in Polchem Hygiene Laboratories Private Limited.
- 2018-19: The company has acquired an additional 1.1 % of the Paidup Equity Share Capital of its Joint Venture GTFL, increasing its total shareholding in GTFL from 49.9% to 51.0%.
- 2018-19: The company has acquired additional 2.16% of the Paid-up Equity Share Capital of GMPL, increasing its total shareholding in GMPL from 49.9% to 52.06%.
- 2019-20: The company acquired additional 11.03% of Paid-up Equity Share Capital of Godrej Maxximilk
Private Limited, increasing its Equity holding from 62.97% to 74.00%.
- 2019-20: In the Crop Protection business, the company successfully launched an in-house cotton herbicide ‘Hitweed Maxx’ and an in-licensing herbicide ‘Hanabi’ thereby growing our product portfolio.
|Parent Organisation||Godrej Agrovet Ltd.||Managing Director||Balram Yadav|