About the Company
Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers & Chemicals Limited (GNFC), is a joint sector enterprise promoted by the Government of Gujarat and the Gujarat State Fertilizers & Chemicals Ltd (GSFC). It was set up in Bharuch, Gujarat in 1976. Located at Bharuch in an extremely prosperous industrial belt, GNFC draws on the resources of the natural wealth of the land as well as the industrially rich reserves of the area.
GNFC started its manufacturing and marketing operations by setting up in 1982, one of the world's largest single-stream ammonia-urea fertilizer complexes. Over the next few years, GNFC successfully commissioned different projects - in fields as diverse as chemicals, fertilizers and electronics. Since inception, GNFC has worked towards an extensive growth as a corporation. A growth which respects the environment and springs from the progressive vision of GNFC.
GNFC has extended its profile much beyond fertilizers through a process of horizontal integration. Chemicals/Petrochemicals, Energy Sector, Electronics/Telecommunications and Information Technology form ambitious and challenging additions to its corporate portfolio. GNFC has an enterprising, strategic view towards expansion and diversification.
Business area of the company
Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers & Chemicals is one of India’s leading entities engaged in the manufacturing and selling of fertilizers, industrial chemical products and providing IT services.
Products and services
- GNFC Fertilizer- GNFC started fertilizer manufacturing and marketing operations by setting up in 1982, one of the world’s largest single-stream ammonia-urea fertilizer complexes.
- GNFC Chemical- GNFC has kept pace with changing times and its vision is always focused on growth. Even as the company was implementing its fertilizer complex, plans were underway for expansion and diversification in related areas. This resulted in the setting up of core chemical and petrochemical plants such as Methanol, Formic Acid, Nitric Acid and Acetic Acid.
- Information technology (for IT related products and services) - (n) Code Solutions (An IT Division of GNFC) offers Digital Certificates that can integrate with applications such as emails, workflow, enterprise wide applications, or secure VPNs. The Digital Certificates can be used by individuals, corporates and governments to secure online B2B/B2C applications and other online transactions.
- National Safety Council, USA: Good Safety Performance
- National Productivity Council: Best Productivity - First, Second & Third Prizes, Best Productivity for Nitrogenous Fertilizers
- Ministry of Labour, GOI: Good Safety Performance (Thrice)
- Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) : Best Environment Preservation & Pollution Control
- Indian Chemicals Manufacturers Association (ICMA) : Environmental Control & Safety
- Fertilizer Association of India (FAI) : For research paper; Best Technical Innovation - pure CO2 enhancement scheme in Ammonia plant; Best Technical Innovation implemented in fertilizer industry (twice); and Best Overall Performance of an operating unit for P2O5 in complex fertilizers
- All India Organization of Employers: Outstanding Contribution in the field of Industrial Relations
- National Energy Conservation Award, Deptt. of Energy, Government of India : Energy Conservation Award, Second Prize
- Government of India: Award for Energy Conservation
- Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial National Award: Effective Energy Conservation Award
- National Suggestion Scheme: Two awards for the company, one for the employee
- Indian National Suggestion Scheme (INSAAN) : Prizes in different years (thrice), Excellence in Suggestion Scheme for the Company, Second Prize to the employee (twice)
- Texaco Development Corporation (TDC), USA : Licensee of the year for operating gassifier on more than rated capacity for over a decade
- Labour & Employment Deptt., Government of Gujarat: Shram Bhushan Award & Rajya Shram Ratna Award to the employees
- Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IICE): ICI Award for Excellence in Process / Product Development
- Deptt. of Scientific & Industrial Research, Ministry of Science & Technology, GOI FICCI: National Award for R&D efforts
- World Environment Foundation: Golden Peacock Eco Innovation Award
- Fertilizers Association of India: Transfer of Improved Farm Technology Award at the national level
- Computer Society of India: CSI-Nihilent e-Governance Award for the best technology implementation for e-Governance projects
- The Government of Gujarat Project eProcurement handled by (n) Code Solutions - A Division of GNFC Ltd. has won the CSI-Nihilent e-Governance Awards 2006-2007 in the category of Government to Business. Award ceremony held at Bangalore on December 1, 2007 at 42nd Computer Society of India (CSI)
- India CSR Innovative Project of the year 2017, Mumbai
- India CSR Award for PSU Leader of the year 2017, Mumbai
- CMO Asia Best CSR Practices Award 2017, Singapore
- Global Giving Award for Best CSR Innovation Practices 2017, Dubai
- CII-ITC Sustainability CSR Award 2017, New Delhi
- Shared Value Inclusive Business List Award, New Delhi
- CMO Asia 50 Most Influential Rural Marketing Professional, Malaysia
- ET Now CSR Award for Innovation in CSR practices, Mumbai
- Dhainik Bhaskar India Pride Award for Excellence in CSR, New Delhi
- Business World Digital India Award for implementation of cashless initiatives, New Delhi
- SKOCH BSE Order of Merit, Mumbai
- SKOCH Smart Governance SKOCH Order-of-Merit Award
- Times Network Digital India Award for Digital Social Innovation, New Delhi
- CII Supply Chain and Logistics Excellence Award, Hyderabad
- Star Performer of the year 2017 by SBI Mutual Fund
- India's Best Company of the year Award
- In FY2018-19 Porter Prize supported by the Harvard Group for Company's Outstanding performance in the industry.
- CNBC-AWAAZ CEO Award for 'Outstanding Business Growth' from Government of Chhattisgarh in association with CNBC Awaaz.
- Best Technical Innovation Award by Fertilizer Association of India, New Delhi for reduction in down time and increase operational efficiency in ANP plant in FY2018-19.
- 4th Rank in Environmental Green rating of Indian Fertilizer Industry under its Green Rating Project (GRP) in FY2019-20
- Set up the world's largest single stream, fuel oil based Ammonia - Urea plant
- All fertilizers under the brand name of Narmada, along with extensive support activities, have been well accepted by the country’s farmer community.
- India's largest producer of Formic Acid, Acetic acid and Methanol.
- India's only manufacturer of Glacial Acetic Acid through the cutting-edge Methanol route.
- India's largest single stream plant of Aniline.
- The only manufacturer of Toluene Di-isocyanate in South East Asia.
- Record capacity utilizations in all plants, defying the vintage through ingeniously innovative maintenance measures.
- Development of the first indigenous, eco-friendly technology for H2S removal, CATSOL, a much awarded product of the Company's R&D labs.
- The company launched various products such as Neem Shampoo, Neem Mosquito Repellent, Neem Face-wash, Neem Hair Oil, Neem Handwash, etc.
|Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers & Chemicals Ltd.