Pharmaceuticals & Drugs
|Market Cap||23,190 Cr||EPS||-3.1||High||827|
|Stock P/E||0.0||Net Profit Margin||5.1||Low||787.1|
|Market Cap||23,190 Cr||ROE||4.1%|
|P/B Ratio||2.5||Dividend Yield||0.3%|
|Industry P/E||40.3||Book Value||330.6|
About the Company
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (GPL) was incorporated in 1977. It was founded with a vision to emerge as a leading integrated research-based, global pharmaceutical company. Its branded generics business has a significant presence in markets across emerging economies including India. It is a global research-led pharmaceutical company with presence across Generics, Specialty and OTC business with operations in many countries. Glenmark’s key therapy focus areas globally are respiratory, dermatology and oncology. Its API business sells products in many countries including the US, various countries in the EU, South America and India.
India is the largest market in terms of revenue for the organization. The formulations business has five manufacturing facilities; three in India and two overseas. These facilities are approved by several regulatory bodies. The facility at Baddi, Himachal Pradesh, India is also approved by MHRA and USFDA for semi-solids. The overseas facilities are situated in Brazil and the Czech Republic. While the manufacturing facility in Brazil services requirements of the Latin American region, the Czech facility services requirements of the Central Eastern Europe region. Glenmark has also invested in a dedicated R&D facility for formulations development. This R&D centre, situated near Nashik, India is engaged in developing specialty/ branded formulations for global markets.
Business area of the company
The Company is engaged in the development of new chemical entities (NCEs) and new biological entities (NBEs). Specialty Business: Drug Discovery: Glenmark’s ground-breaking drug discovery effort is primarily focused in the areas of inflammation [asthma/COPD, rheumatoid arthritis etc.], metabolic disorders [diabetes, obesity, etc.] and pain [neuropathic pain and inflammatory pain]. Specialty Business: Formulations Business: Glenmark’s formulations business is currently organized many regions - India, Latin America, Central Eastern Europe and Semi Regulated Markets of Africa/Asia/CIS. The formulations business focuses on therapeutic areas viz. dermatology, anti-infective, respiratory, cardiac, diabetes, gynecology, CNS, and oncology.
- It was conferred with the Pharmaexcil Gold Award for New Chemical Entities 2015.
- SCRIP crowned Glenmark as the ‘Best Pharma Company in Emerging markets’ and ‘Best Overall Pipline’ at SCRIP Awards 2011 in London.
- Swiss Ambassador's award for Exceptional Innovation - 2012.
- It received the Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry Civic Award 2014.
- It was conferred with the prestigious Golden Peacock Management Award - 2015 for its Environment Sustainability initiatives at the Goa manufacturing facility.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals has entered into a settlement and license agreement with Sepracor Inc to market generic Eszopiclone tablets.
- Forest Laboratories and Glenmark Sign Development Agreement for Worldwide Collaboration on Novel Agents to treat Chronic Inflammatory Conditions.
- Glenmark entered into an out-licensing deal with Forest Labs for its novel molecule targeting mPGES-1 Inhibitor.
- Glenmark announced the Strategic Development & Licensing Agreement with Celon, Poland for generic Seretide Accuhaler in Europe. In the same year, Glenmark received approval for generic Seretide in Russia.
- Glenmark launched ezetimibe, the first and only generic version of Zetia in the United States for the treatment of high cholesterol.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals and Mankind Pharmaceuticals have inked a sub-licensing agreement to co-market sodium glucose co-transporter-2 (SGLT2) inhibitor, Remogliflozin Etabonate (Remogliflozin) in India.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals’ partner -- Seqirus Pty (Seqirus) has received marketing approval for Ryaltris from the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), Australia.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals has launched NINDANIB (Nintedanib 100 and 150 mg capsules) for the treatment of pulmonary fibrosis in India.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals has launched the world’s first hypertension awareness symbol, in collaboration with Association of Physicians of India (API) and Hypertension Society of India (HSI).
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals has launched of a Single Inhaler Triple Therapy AIRZ-FF.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals has entered into an agreement with Hindustan Unilever (HUL) for divestment of its VWash brand and other extensions.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals’ Swiss subsidiary, Glenmark Specialty S.A., has entered into an exclusive licensing agreement with Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC (Hikma) for commercializing its novel nasal spray Ryaltris in the US.
|Parent Organization||Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.||Managing Director||Glenn Saldanha|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|