Household & Personal Products
|Market Cap||15,983 Cr||EPS||90.3||High||4919.95|
|Stock P/E||54.3||Net Profit Margin||NA||Low||4864.05|
Gillette India Price chart
|Market Cap||15,983 Cr||ROE||36.9%|
|P/B Ratio||17.1||Dividend Yield||1.4%|
|Industry P/E||62.6||Book Value||287.0|
About the Company
Gillette India Ltd. is a renowned player in FMCG industry. The company is in the business of manufacturing Blades and Razors and Oral care. The Company's manufacturing units are located at Bhiwadi in Rajasthan and Baddi in Himachal Pradesh. The Company’s products have a national presence and some of the products are also exported to other countries.
Business area of the company
Gillette India is engaged in the manufacturing and sale of branded packaged fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) in the grooming, portable power and oral care businesses. The Company's segments are Grooming and Oral Care. The Grooming segment includes shaving system and cartridges, blades, toiletries and components. The Oral Care segment includes tooth brushes, toothpaste and oral care products. Its geographical segments include Within India and Outside India.
Products of the company
It offers products, such as Razors, Trimmers & Blades, which include ProGlide Razors, Fusion Razors, MACH3 Razors, BODY Razors, Disposable Razors, Replacement Blades and Trimmers, and Pre and Post Shave products, including Shaving Creams, Gels & Foams, and Skin Care & Aftershaves. Its products are sold through mass merchandisers, grocery stores, membership club stores, drug stores, department stores and frequency stores.
- 1984- Company was incorporated as Indian Shaving Products.
- 1990-91- In order to manufacture 7 O'clock Ejtek PII Twin Blade Shaving System, company expanded it capacity.
- 1993- On February, company launched Gillette Shaving Products.
- 1995-96- Gillette India introduced readyshaver under the brand name 7 O'clock Ready II.
- 1995-96- Company entered into distribution agreement and launched internationally known brand Oral B.
- 2000- Company rechristened as Gillette India after merger of Duracell (India) and Wilkinson Sword India with itself.
- 2001- Company introduced product line namely Gillette Series Arctic Ice.The same year company launched the Gillette Series Satin Care for Women Wild Berry Line, the Cool Blue Mach 3 and Gillette Centennial Packs.
- 2003-Gillette Vector Plus and Ultra M3AA batteries were launched.
- 2004-Gillette Mach3 Turbo- triple blade shaving system was launched.
- 2005-Gillette Company, USA was acquired by Procter & Gamble Company, USA. Gillette India became part of Procter & Gamble Company, USA.
- 2006-07- In order to manufacture blades and razors, the company established a manufacturing unit at at Baddi in Himachal Pradesh.
- 2014- Gillette changes the landscape of manscaping with the first razor built for the male terrain-Gillette Body.
- 2014- Gillette Fusion Proglide with FlexBall Technology Razor is the next evolution in the shaving revolution- a pivoting razor built to maximize contact with every contour of a man’s face.
- 2016 - The company has launched next Innovation Venus Breeze, a 2 in 1 product with moisturizing gel bars to further accelerate this category
- 2017 - The company has launched a new product ‘Simply Venus’, a 3-blade disposable razor, catering to the grooming needs of female consumers.
- 2017 - The company has launched India’s first Neem infused toothbrush.
- 2018 - The company has launched Gillette Mach 3 Start, an entry-level premium system razor.
- 2018 - The company has launched the entry tier rechargeable electric toothbrush ‘Oral-B Vitality’.
- 2019 - The company has launched Gillette SkinGuard, a premium system razor that provides the smoothest shave to consumers.
- 2019 - The company has launched the rechargeable electric toothbrush for kids featuring Star Wars and Frozen characters.
- 2020 - Gillette launched the ‘Gillette Barber Suraksha Program', to support the barber community get back on their feet.
|Parent Organisation||Gillette India Ltd.||Managing Director||L V Vaidyanathan|
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|