Finance - Housing
|Market Cap||1,139 Cr||EPS||33.4||High||213.7|
|Stock P/E||6.3||Net Profit Margin||11.3||Low||206.35|
|Market Cap||1,139 Cr||ROE||13.3%|
|P/B Ratio||0.7||Dividend Yield||2.1%|
|Industry P/E||15.4||Book Value||322.6|
About the Company
GIC Housing Finance was incorporated as 'GIC Grih Vitta Limited' on December 12, 1989. The name was changed to its present name vide a fresh Certificate of Incorporation issued on November 16, 1993.
The company offers loans on fixed and floating basis. Apart from this, it is having Flexi- Fixed, Step Up/ Step Down schemes and mortgage loans.
The company was promoted by General Insurance Corporation of India and its erstwhile subsidiaries namely, National Insurance Company Limited, The New India Assurance Company Limited, The Oriental Insurance Company Limited and United India Insurance Company Limited together with UTI, ICICI, IFCI, HDFC and SBI, all of them contributing to the initial share capital.
The company was formed with the objective of entering in the field of direct lending to individuals and other corporates to accelerate the housing activities in India. The primary business of GICHFL is granting housing loans to individuals and to persons/entities engaged in construction of houses/flats for residential purposes.
The company carried a vision for the future of housing in India. And it is always believed at GICHFL that its success and growth depends on its principles which are ;
- To be a prominent corporate citizen in promoting housing activities through customer friendly finance schemes with in a service oriented atmosphere.
- To consolidate and grow in a competitive environment reflecting the ethical standard of a good corporate citizen.
- To create wealth and reward shareholders
Housing being the one of the essential needs of mankind, the demand for shelter grows in line with the increase in population and the standard of living, hence the need of financing the purchasing of a House came up. The importance of the housing sector can be judged by the fact that they consider house as the best investment and want to invest their hard earned money or saving in a house. The need for finance to purchase a house brought out specialized housing finance institutions. Housing finance companies (HFCs) as they are called today, have stepped up their lending over the years contributing to the growth of the housing sector. Their strength lies in their skills in lending exclusively for housing sector. Such is the background of GIC Housing Finance Ltd (GICHFL).
GICHFL has presence in 27 locations (24 Business Centers & 3 Collection centers) across the country for business. It has got a strong marketing team, which is further assisted by Sales Associates (SAs). It has tie-ups with builders to provide finance to individual borrowers. It also has tie-ups with corporates for various housing finance needs.
- 1989 Company was incorporated with the name “GIC Grih Vitta Limited”.
- 1989-91 The Company started its operations from 8 locations.
- 1991-92 The Company launched Employee and Builder Scheme Housing Scheme.
- 1992-93 Company’s name changed to “GIC Housing Finance Limited”. Apna Ghar Yojana was introduced by the Company.
- 1993-94 The Company made a rights issue of 1:1; the capital crossed the Rs. 10 crores mark.
- 1994-95 The company made its maiden IPO and mobilized additional capital of Rs. 40 crores.
- 1996-97 The Company started the process of computerization.
- 2003-04 The Company recorded an above industry growth rate of over 40% in loan approvals, disbursements and profitability. As a result the Company has crossed Rs. 500 crores annual business in individual housing loan and the total portfolio has crossed Rs. 1000 crores.
- 2004-05 The company recorded an above industry growth rate of over 40% in loan approvals, disbursements and profitability. Rights Issue of 89,75,561 Equity Shares at Rs. 16 in the ratio of 1 equity share for every 2 shares held. Paid -up capital grew to Rs. 26.93 crores.
- 2005-06 Focus on consolidation of NPA and profitability.
- 2006-07 Rights Issue - Equity shares numbering 2,69,25,533 of the face value of Rs.10/- each for cash at a premium of Rs.30 per share, aggregating to Rs.107,70,21,320 were issued on rights basis to the Equity Shareholders of the Company in the ratio of 1 Equity Share for every 1 Equity Share and was allotted on 19th May, 2006. Post Rights Issue, the share capital of the Company has increased by Rs.26.93 cores and share premium by Rs.80.78 crores. The paid up capital stands at Rs.53.86 crores as on 31st March, 2007.Dividend declared percentage for the year increased to 30% as against 15% for the previous year.During the year the Company opens its branch at Virar, western suburb of Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- 2007-08 Individual Loan portfolio crossed Rs.2000 crores during the year and stands at Rs.2427.35 crores as on 31st March, 2008.
- 2008-09 Individual loan portfolio crossed Rs. 2500 crores during the year and stands at Rs.2682 crores as at 31st March, 2009.
- 2009-10 During the year the Company opens its first branch in Gujarat at Vadodara and expands its network in Maharashtra by opening branches at Nagpur and Nashik.Introduced optional Group Life Insurance cover to the eligible borrowers covering to the extent of outstanding loan amount with a tie up with a Life Insurance Company.
- 2010-11 Individual loans approved during the year crossed Rs.1000 crores. Individual Loans approved during the year are Rs.1069 crores. Individual loan portfolio crossed Rs.3000 crores and stands at Rs.3406 crores as at 31st March, 2011.Dividend declared at 55% inclusive of onetime special dividend of 10%Opened second branch in Rajasthan at Jodhpur and second branch in West Bengal at Durgapur and expands further in Maharashtra by opening a branch at Kholhapur.
- 2011-12 Individual Loans disbursed during the year crossed Rs.1000 crores, it stands at Rs.1069 crores during the year. Individual loan portfolio crossed Rs.3500 crores, it stands at Rs.3864 crores as at 31st March, 2012.The company expands further in Maharastra by opening its new branch at Nere Panvel, suburb of Mumbai.
- 2012-13 The Company opens its first branch in Madhya Pradesh at Indore.
- 2013-14 The Company opens its 43rd Branch at Patna.
- 2013-14 The Company opens its 45th Branch at Ahmedabad.
- 2013-14 The Company opens its 46th Branch at Kalyan.
- 2013-14 The Company opens its 47th Branch at Borivali.
- 2013-14 The Company opens its 48th Branch at Dehradun.
- 2014-15 The Company opens its 49th Branch at Meerut.
- 2014-15 The Company opens its 50th Branch at Boisar.
- 2014-15 The Company opens its 51th Branch at Ghaziabad.
- 2014-15 The Company opens its 52st Branch at Margoa.
- 2014-15 The Company opens its 53nd Branch at Dwarka.
- 2014-15 Company Celebrates Silver Jubilee Anniversary this Year.
- 2014-15 The Company opens its 54th Branch at Electronic City.
- 2014-15 The Company opens its 55th Branch at Garia.
- 2014-15 The Company opens its 56th Branch at Hadapsar.
- 2015-16 The Company opens its 57th Branch at Greater Noida
- 2015-16 The Company opens its 58th Branch at Raipur.
- 2015-16 The Company opens its 59th Branch at Vijayawada.
- 2015-16 The Company opens its 60th Branch at Vasai
- 2016-17 The Company opens its 61st Branch at Pitampura
- 2016-17 The Company opens its 62nd Branch at Hinjawadi
- 2016-17 The Company opens its 63rd Branch at Barasat
- 2016-17 The Company opens its 64th Branch at Mangalore
- 2016-17 The Company opens its 65th Branch at Guwahati.
- 2017-18 The Company opens its 66th Branch at at Kozhikode.
|Parent Organization||GIC Housing Finance Ltd.||Managing Director||Paul Lobo|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|