About the Company
The Great Eastern Shipping Company Ltd. is India's largest private sector shipping service provider enjoying a formidable presence in the international maritime industry. The shipping business operates under two main businesses: dry bulk carriers and tankers. Backed by an enviable clientele comprising industry leaders, international oil companies and governments who vouch for its services, the division has earned the status of being the most preferred shipping service provider. With a pulse on the global market and a thorough understanding of the ever-evolving market needs, the division is well-equipped to anticipate the demands of its clients and to deliver on its commitments, successfully and satisfactorily. The company has been certified to ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 14001: 2015 and ISO 45001: 2018 standards by DNV.GL.
Business area of the company
The Great Eastern Shipping Company Ltd. is involved in the bulk shipping business i.e. transportation of crude oil, petroleum products, gas and dry bulk commodities.
- 1992 - Received Government of India approval
- 1993 - Obtained the licence from Coal India Limited (CIL)
- 1994 to 1997 - Paid signature bonus of over $ 300,000 to CIL
- 1994 to 1997 - Core-hole exploration, and tested commercial viability
- 1998 - CBM administration shifted from ministry of coal to ministry of petroleum
- 1998 - Submitted application for petroleum exploration licence
- 2001 - Production sharing contract signed with the ministry of petroleum and natural gas
- 2001 - Petroleum exploration licence was granted
- 2002 - Started 3-pilot production well program
- 2004 - Struck gas in the first well
- 2004 - Gas observed in all the wells
- 2005 - First Indian company to float on London AIM stock market
- 2006 - Commenced commercial drilling program for 20 production wells.
- 2006 - All 20 wells drilled and completed
- 2007 - Finished installing pumps (PCP) in 20 wells
- 2008 - Commissioned brand new rig (Atlas Copco RD 20 III) and commenced further development program.
- 2010 - G E Shipping Modifies Hyundai Heavy Orders; To Build 3 VLCCs Instead Of 2 Suezmaxes.
- 2011 - Greatship's Subsidiary Orders One Construction Support Vessel (Platform/Rov Support Vessel).
- 2013 - G E Shipping Contracts To Build 3 New Building Kamsarmax Dry Bulk Carriers.
- 2013 - Greatship Global Energy Services Pte. Ltd. (GGES), a Singapore incorporated step down subsidiary of the Great Eastern Shipping Company Limited, has informed the Company about being advised of the “Striking of Steel” of its Mobile Offshore Self Elevating Drilling Rig, at a globally reputed yard.
- 2015 - Incorporation of A New Subsidiary By Greatship (India) Limited (GIL) namely Greatship Oilfield Services Limited.
- 2015 - Incorporation Of A Wholly Owned Subsidiary namely Great Eastern CSR Foundation.
- 2017 - Greatship Has Acquired Full Ownership Of Jack-Up Rigs Of Its Subsidiary, Greatship Global Energy Services Pte. Ltd (GGES).
- 2019 - Great Eastern Shipping Company (G E Shipping) has delivered its 2000 built Suezmax Crude Carrier ‘Jag Lakshita’ to the buyers. The vessel was contracted for sale in November 2019.
- 2020 - Great Eastern Shipping Company (GE Shipping) has signed a contract to buy a second hand Capesize Bulk Carrier. The 2014 Philippines built vessel is expected to join the company's fleet in H2 FY21.
- 2020 - Great Eastern Shipping Company (GE Shipping) has signed a contract to buy a secondhand very large gas carrier of about 77,922 cbm. The 2002 Japanese built vessel is expected to join the company's fleet in Q3 FY21.
- 2020 - Great Eastern Shipping Company (G E Shipping) has incorporated Wholly owned Subsidiary (WoS) company namely ‘Great Eastern Services in Mumbai on June 23, 2020.
|Parent Organization||The Great Eastern Shipping Company Ltd.||Managing Director||Bharat K Sheth|