About the Company
GE Power India Limited (formerly known as ALSTOM India Limited) has strong capabilities in engineering, manufacturing, project management and supply of products and solutions for infrastructure. It has engineering centres in Noida and Kolkata and manufacturing units dedicated to hydro in Vadodara, Boilers in Durgapur and Coal Mills in Shahabad.
It is one of the leading players in the Indian power generation equipment market. Today, with the expansion of economy, globalization, innovation, amidst political and economic challenges, the company has successfully partnered in the modernization and growth of Indian infrastructure. It has a countrywide presence of sales offices and workshops. The company’s manufacturing unit is located in Noida, Uttar Pradesh & Durgapur, West Bengal. GEPIL continues to offer a comprehensive portfolio of power generation solutions with a focus on emissions control and services portfolio providing sustainable, affordable and reliable electricity.
Operating in various countries, its technology produces a third of the world’s electricity, equips 90% of power transmission utilities worldwide, and its software manages more than 40% of the world’s energy.
Business area of the company
The company builds the power generation technologies and creates the energy technologies of the future. Its innovative solutions and digital offerings help make power more affordable, reliable, accessible, and sustainable. It is a world energy leader providing equipment, solutions and services across the energy value chain from generation to consumption.
Product and services
- Gas power
- Steam power
- Nuclear power
- Hybrid power
- Industries & applications
- Air quality control systems
- Automation & control
- Gas power systems
- 1911- First factory built in Kolkata.
- 1950- Participated in setting up the first major manufacturing unit of BHEL, Bhopal
- 1959- Power Boilers facility established in Durgapur
- 1963- Boiler/Mill facility established in Shahabad
- 1992- Asea Brown Boveri Management Limited (ABBML)
- 1999- Asea Brown Boveri Management Limited (ABBML) became ABB ALSTOM Power India Limited (ABBPL)
- 2000- ABB ALSTOM Power India Limited (ABBPL) became ALSTOM Power India Limited
- 2002- ALSTOM Power India Limited became Alstom Projects India Ltd.
- 2004- Hydro manufacturing facility established in Vadodara
- 2008- Global Technology Centre (GTC) established in Vadodara
- 2009- Foundation stone laid of power equipment manufacturing plant at Mundra in Gujarat
- 2010- Alstom Projects India secured environmental control systems contracts worth more than Euro 40 million in India and Vietnam that will slash emissions.
- 2011- Alstom Projects India signed a letter of intent with Shanghai Electric Group for the creation of Alstom-Shanghai Electric Boilers Co, a 50/50 joint venture (JV) company combining both partners’ activities in the boiler market for power plants.
- 2011- Alstom Projects India (APIL) received a final approval to the amalgamation of a group company - ALSTOM Holdings (India) (AHIL) with itself.
- 2012- ALSTOM Projects India Limited became ALSTOM India Limited
- 2014-15: Alstom’s presence at PowerGen India and Central Asia 2014
- 2014-15: First unit of Krishnapatnam Supercritical Thermal Power Plant (2x800 MW) at Andhra Pradesh starts commercial operations
- 2014-15: First unit of Barh II Supercritical Thermal Power Plant (stage II - 2X660 MW) at Bihar starts commercial operation
- 2015-16: 2 x 800 MW Yermarus Thermal Power Station, Unit 1 (RPCL) - Full load achieved
- 2016-17: The name of the Company was changed from ALSTOM India Limited to GE Power India Limited with effect from 05 August 2016, to reflect its name with that of Promoter group
- 2016-17: Delivered Mills for Karabiga 2x660MW project in Turkey
- 2017-18: Commercial Operation Declaration achieved for 800 MW Unit-2 at RPCL Yermaras; 660 MW Unit-3 at PPGLC Bara; and 660 MW Unit-4 at Mouda
- 2017-18: Delivered 5 Mills for Unit-2 of Hassyan Energy PJSC - 4x660 MW Clean Coal Power Plant, Dubai Electricity & Water Authority, Dubai
- 2018-19: 2x660 MW Suratgarh - First Unit Full Load completed in March 2019
- 2018-19: 2x800 MW Gadarwara - U# 1: Full load trial run completed in November 2018. U#2: Chemical cleaning completed in January 2019
- 2018-19: The company’s manufacturing facility at Durgapur, West Bengal, has once again designed & manufactured Condenser for 660 MW Ghatampur thermal power Project. Dispatch was completed by March 2019. This is a huge accomplishment for development of a new complex product for thermal power station
- 2019-20: The company’s manufacturing facility in Durgapur, West Bengal, successfully dispatched over 10,000 MT finished goods in one year. It includes boiler pressure parts to various project sites, NTPC Barh-I (3 Units) power services supply of boiler pressure parts, condenser components for Ghatampur, Mills
- 2019-20: 3X660 MW Nabinagar- Unit#3 Drainable Hydro Test completed in July, 2019; Unit#2 Non-Drainable Hydro Test completed in August, 2019.
|Parent Organisation||GE Power India Ltd.||Managing Director||Prashant Jain|