Engineering - Industrial Equipments
|Market Cap||5,985 Cr||EPS||3.2||High||232.2|
|Stock P/E||72.3||Net Profit Margin||18.8||Low||222.2|
|Market Cap||5,985 Cr||ROE||3.6%|
|P/B Ratio||5.1||Dividend Yield||0.3%|
|Industry P/E||154.7||Book Value||45.4|
About the Company
Genus Power Infrastructures (GPIL), incorporated in 1992, is engaged in the manufacture and distribution of electronic energy meters, power distribution management projects, hybrid microcircuits, inverters, batteries, home UPS and online UPS in India and abroad. The company is part of $300 million Kailash Group.
Currently, GPIL has manufacturing facilities at Jaipur and Alwar in Rajasthan and Haridwar in Uttaranchal. It owns a subsidiary namely Genus Urja (formerly as Genus Consumer Products) that is engaged in generation of power. Headquartered in Jaipur, India, the company also has offices in USA, Singapore and China.
Genus exports its products to UK, USA, as well as developing countries including Korea, Singapore, Germany, Brazil and Ireland,among others. The company has received ISO 9001: 2000 certification for its quality management.
The company has clientele namely Ahmedabad Electricity Co, Surat Electricity Co, Tata Power, KSEB, ASEB, RSEB, MSEB, MPSEB (state electricity boards), UPPCL, UPCL, DHBVNL, JKPDD among others, ITI - Bangalore / Mankapur / Rai Bareli CDOT - Bangalore / New Delhi, Central Electronics, BSNL - Bangalore / Thiruvanthpuram / Chennai, DRDO - Jodhpur Maruti Udyog, Instrumentation- Kota, BEL - Bangalore / Kotdwar and Reliance Energy.
Metering Solutions- Under this, Genus manufactures residential meters, industrial meters, grid meters, group meters, AMR solutions, reference meters, special meters and Software for electricity management server.
Inverters/UPS- Under this, the company manufactures batteries, solar products, UPS and inverters.
It undertakes engineering construction and contracts and also manufactures hybrid micro units.
- 1992- The company was incorporated as Genus Overseas Electronics.
- 1994- Genus established a manufacturing unit for thick film hybrid microcircuits and SMT PCB assemblies.
- 1996- It launched unique tamper proof single and three phase electronic energy meters in India.
- 1997- The company received ISO 9001:1994 and IECQ certifications.
- 1998- The company emerged as the largest manufacturer of energy meters.
- 1999- Genus launched multi-functional and multi-tariff meters.
- 2002- The company’s design and development received recognition by Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Government of India.
- 2004- It launched India’s first ‘Sure Sine Wave Super Inverter’. Genus installed lean manufacturing by collaborating with TBM consultants, USA.
- 2005- It launched AMR/pre-payment meter. Company forayed in projects related to power distribution management.
- 2006- Genus formed two joint venture companies in Brazil. The company set up a manufacturing unit located at Haridwar
- 2007- it implemented ERP software package SAP successfully
- 2009 - First company in India with STS certification for its prepayment meters
- 2010 - Solar Hybrid Inverters launched
- 2011 - Outstanding Performance award by NDPL Towards AT& loss Reduction.
First company in india with SABS certification for its prepayment meters.
In the year 2000, the company was rated as 7th turnaround company of India by Business World, India
The company was amongst top 100 Electronic companies in India by EFY in the year 2004.
It was first in India to receive DLMS certification for energy meters in the year 2007.
|Parent Organization||Genus Power Infrastructures Ltd.||Managing Director||Rajendra Agarwal|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|