|Market Cap||3,475 Cr||EPS||7.6||High||286.5|
|Stock P/E||23.5||Net Profit Margin||13.9||Low||274.75|
|Market Cap||3,475 Cr||ROE||4.2%|
|P/B Ratio||1.5||Dividend Yield||2.3%|
|Industry P/E||31.7||Book Value||118.1|
About the Company
Gateway Distriparks Limited (GDL), incorporated in 1994, is the only logistics facilitator in the whole of India with three verticals which are synergetic and capable of being interlinked - Container Freight Stations (CFS), Inland Container Depots (ICD) with rail movement of containers to major maritime ports, and Cold Chain Storage and Logistics. GDL operates two Container Freight Stations at Navi Mumbai, one at Chennai, one at Krishnapatnam, One at Kochi and one at Visakhapatanam. These CFSs offer transportation & storage, general and bonded warehousing, empty handling and several value added services.
The company’s rail operations are handled by a subsidiary, Gateway Rail Freight Limited (Gateway Rail). Gateway Rail provides inter-modal logistics and operates its own Inland Container Depots/Dry Ports. Gateway Rail operates rail linked facilities at Garhi-Harsaru (Gurugram, Haryana), Ludhiana (Punjab), Piyala (Faridabad, Haryana), Viramgam (Ahmedabad, Guajrat) and Kalamboli (Navi Mumbai). Gateway Rail owns and operates a fleet of several trains and many road trailers at its rail linked terminals. Gateway Rail operates regular container train service from these ICDs/Dry Ports to the maritime ports at NhavaSheva, Mundra and Pipavav, transporting import and export as well as domestic containers. All major shipping lines operate from these Gateway Rail terminals for both export and import.
The third vertical consists of cold chain logistics solutions out of 31 Warehouses in India through the subsidiary, Snowman Logistics Limited in which Mitsubishi and IFC (World Bank) are investors. Snowman is a leading Logistics Services Provider and India's first cold supply chain company with a nationwide network connecting hundreds of cities and thousands of outlets. Snowman has a pan-India presence that offers comprehensive warehousing, transportation and distribution services. Its extensive infrastructure includes 31 ISO-22000 certified warehouses and leased reefer vehicles and transport assets. With its premium customer service and intricate distribution network, it is the trusted market leader in food supply chain management today.
Business area of the company
Gateway Distriparks is engaged in the business of warehousing, container freight stations, providing handling and clearance of sea borne export-import trade in containerized form.
GDL provides a host of services at all its container freight stations:
- Container Yards
- Customs Handling
- General Warehousing
- Bonded Warehousing
- Cargo Stuffing and De-Stuffing
- First and Last-Mile Connectivity through own fleet of trailers
- Empty Container Handling
- Container Repair
- Customised Solutions for Customers handling carious cargo
- Value Added Services - Palletisation, Sheet Wrapping, etc.
- 1994: Gateway Distriparks was incorporated.
- 1998: The company completes phase I development and establish commercial operations at Navi Mumbai Container handling capacity at 48,000 TEUs per annum.
- 2001: GDL completes phase II expansion at Navi Mumbai Container handling capacity to 120,000 TEUs/annum. IDFC acquire equity stakes worth Rs. 260 mn into GDL.
- 2003: The company finishes phase III expansion at Navi Mumbai Container handling capacity increases to 180,000 TEUs/annum.
- 2005: The company received approval from Indian Railways for operating bulk trains railway siding constructed at ICD, Gurgaon. The company gets listed on the Stock Exchanges in India on 31 March 2005. GDL issues GDR worth $85 million. May.
- 2006: First container train rolls out of GDL’s Rail ICD at Garhi Harsaru, Gurgaon through the tie-up with CONCOR
- 2006: Rail SPV, Gateway Rail Freight (GRFL) was formed; over 60 acres of land was acquired in Faridabad District for the second Rail ICD
- 2006: The company enters into a joint venture with Chakiat to form subsidiary – Gateway Distriparks (Kerala) for operation of a CFS on 17 acres of land located at Cochin.
- 2006: The company acquired 50.1% equity stake in Snowman Frozen Foods to enter cold chain logistics business in JV with Mitsubishi.
- 2007: Gateway Rail Freight enters a concession agreement with Indian Railways to operate container trains.
February 2007- GDL takes over Punjab Conware’s CFS located near JNPT, Navi Mumbai under 15 years’ Operation and Management (O&M) basis agreement.
- 2007: Gateway Rail (51%) and Concor (49%) form a joint venture to jointly operate rail linked ICD at Garhi Harsaru and facilitate rail movement of containers
- 2008: Gateway Rail Freight receives and deploys 8 container trains.
- 2013- GDL acquires a second CFS in Chennai.
- 2013: Norwest Venture Partners invested ?60 crores in Snowman.
- 2013: Snowman announces approval for IPO.
- 2013: Snowman files for IPO.
- 2013: Morgan Stanley buys 6 lakh shares for Rs 6.268 crores in GDL.
- 2014: GDL acquires 74 lakh equity shares of Snowman for Rs 25.9 crores.
- 2014: ICICI Prudential buys 10 lakh shares of GDL for Rs 22.8 crores.
- 2014: Windmill International sells 12,00,000 shares of GDL.
- 2014: GatewayRail starts rail operations at ICD Faridabad.
- 2014: ICICI Prudential buys 19.84 lakh shares of GDL.
- 2014: Snowman listed at Rs 76 (62% premium against issue price).
- 2014: GDL share price at an all-time high at Rs 278.90.
- 2014: Snowman gives 100% returns in six sessions.
- 2014: Snowman planning to set up 3 warehouses and increase capacity by 14,500 pallets.
- 2016-17: CFS throughput increased from 3.61 lakh TEUs in 2015-16 to 3.82 lakh TEUs 2016-17.
- 2016-17: Rail Throughput increased from 2.03 lakh TEUs in 2015-16 to 2.19 lakh TEUs in 2016-17.
- 2020: Gateway Distriparks calls off stake sale in Snowman Logistics
|Parent Organization||Gateway Distriparks Ltd. - (Amalgamated)||Managing Director||Prem Kishan Dass Gupta|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|