About the Company
The company was incorporated as Future Logistic Solutions on March 8, 2006 at Mumbai, Maharashtra as a public limited company under the Companies Act, 1956 and received a certificate of commencement of business dated March 31, 2006. Subsequently, the name of the company was changed to Future Supply Chain Solutions and a fresh certificate of incorporation consequent to the change of name was issued by the RoC dated October 23, 2009.
The company is promoted by Future Enterprises, which is promoted by Kishore Biyani. Other entities promoted by Kishore Biyani include Future Retail, Future Consumer and Future Lifestyle Fashions (collectively, the Future Entities). While the company’s business was originally established to provide supply chain and logistics solutions for its Promoter and certain of its Group Companies, the company has diversified its customer base across various sectors.
Business area of the company
The company is one of India’s largest organised third-party logistics service operators. The company offers automated and IT-enabled warehousing, distribution and other logistics solutions to a wide range of customers. The company’s service offerings, warehousing infrastructure, pan-India distribution network, hub-and-spoke transportation model and automated technology systems support its competitive market position. The company’s customers operate in various sectors across India, including retail, fashion and apparel, automotive and engineering, food and beverage, fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), e-commerce, healthcare, electronics and technology, home and furniture and ATMs.
Major events and milestones
- 2006: Incorporated as a public limited company.
- 2009: Implemented Transport Management System to improve visibility in and optimise transportation operations.
- 2009: Implemented Infor WM 9 Warehouse Management System.
- 2009: Subscription to 5,000,000 compulsorily convertible debentures of face value Rs 100 each by SKC 1 Limited (part of Fung Capital).
- 2011: Acquired warehousing business of Transmart India Private Limited at Bhiwandi.
- 2011: Logistics division implemented Vehicle Tracking System, a GPS enabled system, in all the dedicated fleet of vehicles.
- 2011: Obtained ISO 9001: 2008 certification.
- 2011: Conversion of the 5,000,000 compulsorily convertible debentures of face value Rs 100 each held by SKC1 Limited to 3,683,241 Equity Shares and subscription to 6,492,080 Equity Shares by SKC1 Limited.
- 2012: Introduced the Put to Light system which was the first of its kind for consumer industries.
- 2013: Registered Future Supply Chains as a trademark.
- 2013: Launched one of the largest and the most highly-automated distribution centre in India at MIHAN, Nagpur.
- 2016: Acquisition of 40.0% of the shareholding of the company by Griffin Partners Limited from existing Shareholders.
- 2016: Commenced temperature controlled logistics services.
- 2017: Set-up a specialised integrated food distribution centre at Kolkata.
- 2017: Commenced operations of the high speed cross-belt sorter system in July, 2017.
- 2017: Acquisition of 45.0% of the equity shares of Leanbox.
Awards, Accreditations and Accolades
- 2007: The company was awarded the Retail & F/B Supply Chain Excellence Award by Indiatimes Mindspace and BVIMSR.
- 2009: The company was awarded the Retail Manufacturing Supply Chain Excellence Award and the Retail Supply Chain Excellence Award at the 3rd Express Logistics and Supply Chain Awards.
- 2011: The company was awarded the Retail Supply Chain Excellence Award at the 5th Express Logistics and Supply Chain Awards.
- 2012: The company was awarded the Best FMCG 3PL Company of the Year at the 6th Express, Logistics and Supply Chain Conclave.
- 2012: The company was awarded the Masterbrand Award by CMO Council USA & CMO Asia.
- 2014: The company was awarded the Use of Technology for Corporate Excellence at the Corporate Excellence Awards by World CSR Congress.
- 2014: The company was awarded a certificate of merit for being an ethical company in transportation and logistics at the India’s most Ethical Companies Awards by World CSR Congress.
- 2014: The company was awarded the Effective Retail through Supply Chain at the Asia Retail Congress.
- 2015: The company was awarded the Excellent Position in Supply Chain and Logistics (3PL) Award and the Industrial/retail warehousing Award at CII - SCALE Awards.
- 2015: The company was awarded the Exemplary Position in Supply Chain & Logistics Industrial & Retail Warehousing Award at the CII-SCALE Awards.
- 2016: The company was awarded the 3PL Solutions Award by the ICC Supply Chain & Logistics Excellence Award.
- 2016: The company was awarded the Manufacturing Supply Chain Service Provider of the Year (Overall) at the 5th India Manufacturing Supply Chain Awards.
- 2016: The company was awarded the Operational Excellence in Cold Chain Warehousing at the 5th Cold Chain Strategy Summit & Awards.
- 2017: The company was awarded the Excellence Award – 3 PL Solutions at the ICC Supply Chain & Logistics Awards.
- 2017: The company was awarded the Best Cold Chain 3 PL Service Provider of the Year at the Cold Chain Industry Awards.
- 2017: The company was awarded the Best 3PL Company of the Year at the Goa State Logistics, Supply Chain and Warehousing Leadership Awards, 2017.
|Parent Organization||Future Supply Chain Solutions Ltd.||Managing Director|