About the Company
Gujarat Fluorochemicals Limited, earlier known as Inox Fluorochemicals Limited, is a public limited company incorporated and domiciled in India. The Company was incorporated on December 6, 2018 as a wholly owned subsidiary of GFL Limited (earlier known as Gujarat Fluorochemicals Limited) for the purpose of vesting of the demerged Chemical Business undertaking of GFL Limited into the Company, as a going concern.
As per the Scheme of Arrangement between Gujarat Fluorochemicals Limited, now known as GFL Limited (the demerged company) and Inox Fluorochemicals Limited, now known as Gujarat Fluorochemicals Limited (“the Company” or “the resulting company”) and their respective shareholders under Sections 230 to 232 of the Companies Act, 2013 and all other applicable provisions of the Companies Act, 2013, the Chemical Business Undertaking of the demerged company was demerged into the Company. The Scheme was approved by National Company Law Tribunal, Ahmedabad Bench on 4th July 2019. The said NCLT Order was filed by both the companies with the Registrar of Companies on 16th July, 2019 making the Scheme operative from that date.
Headquartered in Noida, India, Gujarat Fluorochemicals Limited (GFL), is a part of the INOX Group of Companies. The group has diversified business segments comprising Chemicals, Fluorospecialities, Fluoropolymers, Cryogenic engineering, Entertainment, Industrial gases and Renewable energy.
An ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 and SA 8000:2014 certified organisation, GFL is a leading producer of Fluoropolymers, Fluorospecialities, Refrigerants and Chemicals for applications in varied industries. GFL derives its strength from expertise in Fluorine Chemistry, vertical integration from natural minerals to Fluoropolymers and strong R&D, enabling it to provide one of the best quality products meeting all regulatory compliances, to its clientele globally.
The facility has multipurpose plants, a state-of-the-art R&D facility and a Pilot plant for scale-up. Starting with the REFRON brand of refrigerants, it expanded into fluorospeciality chemicals, exporting to over 75 countries.
With three manufacturing facilities in India, a captive Fluorspar mine in Morrocco, offices and warehouses in Europe and USA, and a marketing network spread across the world, GFL is one of the established players in Fluoropolymers and Fluorospecialities markets.
Business area of the company
The Company is engaged in manufacturing and trading of refrigerant gases, caustic soda, chloromethane, polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), fluoropolymers, fluoromonomers, specialty fluorointermediates, specialty chemicals and allied activities. The Company caters to both domestic and international markets.
- Industrial Gases
- Cryogenic Engineering
- Renewable Energy
- 1987: Gujarat Fluorochemicals Limited (GFL), a public limited company, was incorporated in the year 1987 as a Refrigerants manufacturer in India.
- 1988: In 1988, GFL launched a public issue and established a manufacturing plant to produce Chlorofluorocarbon Refrigerant gases and Hydrofluoric Acid in Panchmahal Gujarat.
- 1989: GFL commenced its commercial operations in the year 1989 and entered into a technical collaboration with Stauffer Chemicals Pennwalt Corporation and Stearns Catalytic Corporation USA and commissioned a plant near Vadodara.
- 1999: In the year 1999, GFL diversified into Entertainment business through Inox Leisure Limited - a chain of multiplexes across India.
- 2006: GFL implemented Clean Development Mechanism Project entailing reduction of Greenhouse Gas emissions by the thermal oxidation of HFC-23, a by-product generated at the Refrigerant gas plant at Ranjitnagar, Gujarat. In lieu of that, the company received Carbon Credits issued by the UNFCCC to be traded in international markets.
- 2007: GFL established a chemical complex at Dahej, Gujarat. The chemical complex comprised of a captive power plant, caustic soda and chlorine plant, chloromethane plant and a Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) plant.
- 2009: GFL incorporated a wholly owned subsidiary, Gujarat Fluorochemicals Americas LLC, to conduct business operations across the American subcontinent. Year 2009 also marked GFL’s diversification into Wind energy business through Inox Wind Limited, a leading wind energy solutions provider in India.
- 2011: Gujarat Fluorochemicals entered into a JV with MeturisSarl, Morocco and Global Mines Sarl, Morocco to undertake Fluorspar Beneficiation Project for supply of Acid Grade Fluorspar and Metallurgical Grade Fluorspar to GFL.
- 2013: GFL incorporated a wholly owned subsidiary, Gujarat Fluorochemicals GmbH in Hamburg, Germany to conduct trading, processing, distribution, marketing and storage of Fluoropolymersin EMEA region.
- 2013: With the introduction of PFOA free PTFE resins and dispersions in the year 2013, GFL ranked amongst the world’s major players offering PFOA free Fluoropolymers.
- 2013-19: With vertically integrated Fluoropolymer manufacturing facility and expertise in Fluorine chemistry, GFL expanded its monomer and polymer capacity to cater to the growing demand for Fluoropolymers and Fluoroelastomers across geographies.
- 2013-19: GFL launched FKM (Fluoroelastomers) brand Fluonox in 2015. In 2016, subsequent to the success of its PTFE brand INOFLON in global markets, GFL added two more Fluoropolymer products - FEP and PFA under the brand name INOFLON. In 2018, GFL started its Additives brand INOLUB for marketing PTFE Micropowders and Polymer Processing Aids (PPA).
- 2013-19: GFL introduced PVDF under the brand name INOFLAR.
- 2019: Pursuant to the order passed by National Company Law Board Tribunal, Ahmedabad Bench on July
04, 2019, the Chemical Business Undertaking of erstwhile Gujarat Fluorochemicals Limited, now known as GFL Limited, was demerged to form a new company Inox Fluorochemicals Limited, which is now known as Gujarat Fluorochemicals Limited with all assets and liabilities pertaining to the Chemical Business Undertaking transferred to the resultant company on a going concern basis with effect from the appointed date, April 01, 2019.
- 2020: The company has set up capacity of about 700 tonnes on six New Fluoropolymers which is FKM, PFA, FEP, PVDF, PPA and Micropowders.
|Parent Organization||Gujarat Fluorochemicals Ltd.||Managing Director||Vivek Jain|