|Market Cap||13,759 Cr||EPS||192.6||High||4505.2|
|Stock P/E||23.3||Net Profit Margin||25.2||Low||4457.05|
|Market Cap||13,759 Cr||ROE||26.8%|
|P/B Ratio||9.0||Dividend Yield||0.2%|
|Industry P/E||60.7||Book Value||496.5|
About the Company
The company was incorporated as 'Fine Organic Industries (Mumbai) Private Limited' on May 24, 2002 in the state of Maharashtra at Mumbai as a private limited company under the Companies Act, 1956, as amended. Thereafter, the name of company was changed to 'Fine Organic Industries Private Limited' and a fresh certificate of incorporation consequent upon change of name dated February 16, 2009 was issued by the Registrar of Companies, Maharashtra situated at Mumbai (RoC). Subsequently, the company was converted into a public limited company, the word 'private' was struck off from the name of company and consequently, a fresh certificate of incorporation dated November 2, 2017 was issued by the RoC recording the change of company's name to 'Fine Organic Industries Limited'.
Fine Organic Industries is the largest manufacturer of oleochemical-based additives in India and a strong player globally in this industry. It had a vast range of different products sold under the 'Fine Organics' brand. It is the first company to introduce slip additives in India and is the largest producer of slip additives in the world. The company’s success is the result of sustained efforts over the decades in all areas of its business, such as product innovation, process technology improvements, increases in scale, improved raw material procurement and focus on cultural understanding of consumers.
The company’s direct customers are multinational, regional and local players manufacturing consumer products and petrochemical companies and polymer producers globally. Its plastics additives and specialty additives are also used in the packaging of foods and other fast moving consumer goods. It has a dedicated research and development (R&D) centre located in Mahape, Navi Mumbai. Its R&D activities are focused on improving production processes, improving the quality of present products, creating new additives and creating downstream products. It has developed in-house process design expertise to construct its production facilities. This gives it scale advantages by enabling the timely expansion of its capacity in response to market needs and reduces capital expenditure costs for expansions significantly compared to other players.
Business area of the company
The company produces a wide range of specialty plant derived oleochemical -based additives used in food, plastic, cosmetics, paint, ink, coatings and other specialty application in various industries.
Awards and Recognitions
- 2013-2016: Awarded meritorious performance in industrial safety by the National Safety Council, Maharashtra Chapter.
- 2015: ISO 9001:2015 Quality management system certification for manufacture and supply of speciality chemicals for food, polymer, textile, metal, cosmetic, pharmaceutical, paints and other allied industries by BSI Assurance UK Limited.
- 2016: FSSC 22000 Food safety system certification for processing and bulk packing of food additives and fatty acid esters category K by BSI Assurance UK Limited.
- 2017: GMP+ process certification for feed safety assurance in the First Ambernath Facility by Control Union Certifications.
Major Events and Milestones
- 1970: Established as ‘Fine Organic Industries’, a partnership firm, in Mumbai by Late Shri Ramesh Shah and Shri Prakash Kamat.
- 1973: Commissioned first food additives facility in Dombivli.
- 1988: Set up second facility in Ambernath.
- 1995: Incorporated Oleofine Organics (India) Private Limited for expanding the capacity for polymer additives.
- 2002: Incorporated the Company under the name of Fine Organic Industries (Mumbai) Private Limited.
- 2005: Research and development centre was established in Mahape, Navi Mumbai.
- 2006: Fatty acid esters facility was commissioned in First Ambernath Facility.
- 2008: Polymer additives facility was commissioned in First Ambernath Facility.
- 2010: Polymer additives capacity was expanded in First Ambernath Facility.
- 2011: Amalgamation of Oleofine Organics (India) Pvt Ltd with company.
- 2012: Additional food and polymer additives facility was commissioned in First Ambernath Facility.
- 2014: Joint venture was signed with Zeelandia International, a Netherlands based bakery premix manufacturer.
- 2015: Additional food and polymer additives capacity was commissioned in First Ambernath Facility.
- 2017: Amalgamation of Fine Research and Development Centre Private Limited and Fine Speciality Surfactants Private Limited with company.
- 2017: Sub-leasing of the facility and general plant and machinery at Dombivli, MIDC from Fine Organic Industries partnership firm to company.
- 2018: Joint venture agreement was signed with Adcotec, a German company for application, development, marketing, distribution and sales activities of food and food additives.
- 2018: Initiated Initial Public Offerings (IPO) and got listed on BSE and NSE.
- 2019-20: The company expanded production capacity at new plant namely N-42 located at Ambernath. Entire plant has been successfully commissioned and capitalized during the year in phased manner.
- 2020: Started operation at its new manufacturing facility situated at additional MIDC Patalganga, Maharashtra, India from November 25, 2020.
|Parent Organization||Fine Organic Industries Ltd.||Managing Director||Mukesh Shah|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|