About the Company
Eveready Industries India incorporated in 1934, is a well-known name in dry cell batteries segment. Earlier, the company was a subsidiary of Union Carbide Corporation, US that later was acquired by B M Khaitan and the Williamson Magor group of companies.
Besides dry cell batteries, the company also manufactures flashlights (torches), LED lights, mosquito repellant, packet tea and home appliances. Eveready has pan-India state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities at Chennai, Lucknow, Noida, Haridwar, Maddur and Kolkata and is supported by a sales and distribution network across the country. Eveready also has a state-of-the-art packaging unit for packet tea at Chuapara T.E.
In 1995, company formed a JV with Ralston Purina Overseas Battery Company of US to establish Energizer India- a private limited company that would be engaged in manufacturing of reowned Energizer brand of alkaline batteries in India. The same year, in order to develop rechargeable Ni-Cd and Ni-Mg batteries in India, company entered a MoU with Gold Peak Industries of Hong Kong.
In 1999-2000 the company established a new poly sleeve jacketed battery line at Camperdown Works in Calcutta.
Later company started manufacturing batteries for watches. In April 2004 Eveready Industries India was demerged into two separate companies namely McLeod Russel India and Eveready Industries India. Eveready has the second largest retail distribution network in India. Later with an investment of Rs.60 crores company established a unit situated in Uttaranchal to manufacture of dry cell batteries with a capacity of 40 crore pieces per annum, this project became operational in 2006.
- Dry cell and rechargeable batteries under the brand names 'Eveready', 'Powercell' and 'Uniross'.
- Flashlights and lanterns under the brand names 'Eveready' and 'Powercell'.
- Packet tea under the brand names 'Tez', 'Jaago', 'Premium Gold' and 'Classic'.
- Lamps and luminaires under the brand names 'Eveready' and 'Powercell'.
- Devices like mobile power banks, rechargeable fans and radio under the 'Eveready' brand.
- 1934- National Carbon Company was registered in India.
- 1940- Establishment of Camperdown Works - the first modern battery plant at Cossipore in Kolkata.
- 1993- Eveready becomes a part of the Williamson Magor Group.
- 1995- The name of the Company was changed to Eveready Industries Ltd.
- 1996- The Company launched Tez brand of packet tea in the State of Rajasthan.
- 1997- The new state-of-the-art D size battery plant was set up at Noida, UP.
- 1999-00- The company established a new poly sleeve jacketed battery line at Camperdown Works in Calcutta.
- 2004- Amitabh Bachchan became the brand ambassador of Eveready.
- 2006- Eveready's Uttaranchal unit becomes operational.
- 2011- Eveready upgrades its Torch and Lamp portfolio.
Akshay Kumar becomes the new face of the brand.
- 2012- The new rechargeable lantern portfolio launched.
- 2013- Eveready Industries launches portable power products.
- 2014- Eveready Industries launches range of LEDs.
- 2017- Company launched its range of Air Purifiers
Commencement of Commercial Production at Industrial Growth Centre, Matia, Goalpara, Assam
|Parent Organisation||Eveready Industries India Ltd.||Managing Director||Suvamoy Saha|