About the Company
Eros International Media was incorporated as a private limited company under the name Rishima International Private Limited on August 19, 1994 and got its present name on November 20, 2008. The company is a part of the Eros Group., which has an extensive film library and is in the business of sourcing Indian and other film content and exploiting it worldwide through its offices in India, UK, USA, UAE, Singapore, Australia, the Isle of Man and Fiji across formats such as theatres, home entertainment, television and digital new media.
The international rights for distribution of Indian film content for the entire world excluding India, Nepal and Bhutan are licensed to the Eros International Group in accordance with the terms of the Relationship Agreement with effect from October 1, 2009 between the company and its Promoters, Eros Worldwide and Eros plc. The company was incorporated to carry on, in all parts of the world, the business of exhibiting, distributing and otherwise exploiting cinematograph and television films and motion pictures of all kinds, including advertisement commercial films.
Eros International sources all Indian film content for the Eros Group and exploits such content across formats within India, Nepal and Bhutan. It has various rights to over 1,000 films which include Hindi, Tamil and other regional language films, including films such as Mughal-e-Azam, Om Shanti Om, Lage Raho Munnabhai and Love Aaj Kal, which it considers to be a key competitive advantage and an integral part of its business model. It also owns rights to certain English language films for home entertainment distribution within India. The Hindi, Tamil, other regional and English language films together form the Eros India Library.
The company sources content primarily through acquisitions from third parties and through co-productions and, occasionally, through its own productions. It mainly acquire films from third party producers at various stages of a film‘s production for an agreed contractual value, and also co-produce films from inception with certain producers for a pre-agreed fixed budget.
It distributes its content in all the 14 circuits either through its internal distribution offices (Mumbai, Delhi, East Punjab, Mysore, Kerala, West Bengal and Bihar) or through sub-distributors.
Eros International serves one of the largest and growing television markets in the world by licensing high quality Indian film content to satellite television broadcasters operating in India.
It distributes its films through the established, worldwide, multi-channel distribution network of its parent company, Eros International Plc. The films are distributed to the South Asian diasporas worldwide and to non-Indian consumers who view Indian films that are subtitled or dubbed in local languages. Internationally, its distribution network extends to over 50 countries, such as the United States, the United Kingdom and throughout the Middle East etc.
Eros Now, its digital over-the-top entertainment service is increasingly focused on offering a world-class choice of content including Indian films, music and original shows, opening new markets, delivering consumer-friendly product features such as offline viewing and subtitles and adopting a platform agnostic distribution strategy across mobile, tablets, cable or internet.
- Eros International Films Private
- Big Screen Entertainment Private
- EyeQube Studios Private
- Eros Music Publishing Private
- Eros Animation Private
- Ayngaran International
- Ayngaran International (UK)
- Ayngaran International (Mauritius)
- Ayngaran International Media Private
- Ayngaran Anak Media Private
History of the Company:
- 1994 - Incorporation of the company and subsidiary of Eros International Films
- 1999 - Acquired business and assets of Jupiter Enterprises. Commenced selling home entertainment, for instance VCDs and DVDs
- 2005 - Release the first co-produced film, Waqt
- 2006 - First India theatrical release and music distribution of the film Omkara. Launch of the Eros Music label
- 2007 - Set up VFX operations under the Subsidiary EyeQube. Entered into a shareholder‘s agreement for acquisition of 64% in Big Screen Entertainment.
- 2008 - Entry into Tamil film industry pursuant to the assignment of the Ayngaran SHA to Copsale, by Eros plc. Incorporation of the Subsidiary Eros Music Publishing for signing lyricists and composers. Joint venture agreement with Universal Music India for talent management. India theatrical distribution expansion through offices in Mumbai and Delhi. First release on Blu-Ray high-definition disc format, Heyy Babyy, followed by Om Shanti Om.
- 2009 - India theatrical distribution expansion through offices in Punjab and exclusive arrangement for West Bengal. Execution of Settlement Agreements with various film exhibitors. Conversion to a public limited company
- 2012-Eros International acquires international rights of TEZZ.-Eros International alings with Vinod Chopra Films for Ferrari ki Sawaari Film to release worldwide on June 15, 2012.-Eros International ties up with HBO Asia to launch 2 movie channels.
- 2015- Eros International Films Win Big At The Prestigious Sony Guild Awards 201
- 2016- Eros International ties up with UAEs Phars Films for Malayalam movies
- Eros Now acquires Worldwide Rights to Zee TV Premier Television Content
- 2017- Eros International signs two-film co-production deal with leading Turkish film company Pana Film
|Parent Organization||Eros International Media Ltd.||Managing Director||Sunil Lulla|