About the Company
Elecon Group was founded in the year 1951 in Goregaon, Mumbai by Late Shri Ishwarbhai B. Patel. Initially, the Company manufactured conveyor systems with a focus on Engineering, Procurement and Construction projects in India. Elecon Engineering Company Limited was incorporated as a Private Limited Company in January 1960. In May 1960, the Company relocated its base to the current location in Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat. Later in June 1962, the Company was listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange Limited and in November 2006 on National Stock Exchange of India Limited.
The company is a trademark that reflects leadership and relentless innovations in the power transmission industry, and as an integrated solution provider for the entire value chain of material handling systems in India.
The company was established in Goregaon, Mumbai by Late Shri Ishwarbhai B. Patel. A company fundamentally driven by “excellence” around technical innovations had its early focus on engineering, procurement and construction projects. After relocating its base to Anand, Gujarat in 1960, Elecon continued to innovate in manufacturing Power Transmission Equipment and established a dedicated Gear Division in 1976.
Today, Seven decades later since its foundation, Elecon stands as an attestation to the formidable efforts and the visions of its founding fathers and their successors. Elecon reigns as the largest industrial gear manufacturing company in Asia, located in the Anand city of Gujarat. Since its inception, Elecon’s prime focus has remained on research & development, innovation and acquiring new-age technological advancements.
Business area of the company
The company is involved in the design and manufacturing of Material Handling Equipment and Industrial Gears and also involved in providing erection and commissioning solutions for its products.
Power Transmission Products
- Helical/Bevel Helical Gearboxes
- Planetary Gearboxes
- Worm Gearboxes
- High Speed Gearboxes
- Wind Turbine Gearboxes
- Marine Gearboxes
- Loose Gears
- Custom Buil Gearboxes
Material Handling Equipment Solutions
- RMHS (Raw Material Handling System)
- Specialized Conveyors
- Wagon Tippler & Associated Equipment
- Cable Reeling Drum
- Idlers & Pulleys
- Magnates/Weighers/Metal Detectors
- Wagon & Truck Loaders
- Scrapers / Reclaimers
- Bagging & Weighing Machines
- Stackers/ Reclaimers
- Port Equipment
Elecon’s Foundry Division (EFD) is ISO 9001-2008 certified and caters to machining and foundry needs of Elecon Engineering. After five decades expertise in the industry, EFD now provides casting and machining services to several other companies other than Elecon group with its ultra-modern amenities to fulfil high quality requirements. The Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Foundry is spread over ten acres of land, and has state of the art melting, moulding and heat treatment and quality assurance facilities.
History and milestones
- 1960: Elecon was established to manufacture elevators and conveyors (Elecon) in Bombay, now Mumbai.
- 1961: ELECON became a Public Limited Company
- 1963: Installation of India's first CNC Machine at Elecon
- 1967: First Stacker cum reclaimer machine was installed in year 1967 at santaldih TPS, WBSEB and worked well for 45 years
- 1969: Collaboration with Alfred Wiseman for worm Gearboxes
- 1974: India’s biggest MHE Order From Neyveli lignite
- 1975: Collaboration with WGW (TGW) Thyssen Getriebe Works for Spiral Bevel & Helical Gearboxes
- 1976: Foundation of ELECON-GEAR Division (New Setup for Gear Manufacturing)
- 1985: First export order from EGAT, Thailand collaboration with Renk AG, Germany for High Speed Gearboxes and Bucket wheel & Slewing Planetary Gearboxes
- 1992: Collaboration with Renk AG continues. Collaboration with SIME France for Hydrokinetic fluid Couplings
- 1994: First Gear Company received ISO Certificate in India
- 1998: Developed Lift Gear Box - TM 500 Model for M/S. Kinetic Transportation Products Ltd. (Indian counter part of Hyundai elevator Co., Korea)
- 1999: Prestigious Order From Indian Navy - “CODOG” Gearbox
- 2008: Collaboration with M/S. Haisung Industrial System Co. Ltd., South Korea
- 2010: 1st International Acquisition by ELECON of UK based Benzlers & Radicon Group
- 2011: Launched brand ambassador 'STACKY RECLAIMY' & 'ROLLY GEARRY' for ELECON MHE & Gear division
- 2013: Commissioned an ultra-modern manufacturing facility, the Bhanubhai Memorial Centre of Excellence (BMCE)
- 2015: Longest Pipe Conveyor installed successfully at Manikgarh Cement, India
- 2016: ELECON received the biggest order from Indian Navy
|Parent Organization||Elecon Engineering Company Ltd.||Managing Director||Prayasvin B Patel|