About the Company
The Company was originally formed as a partnership firm under the Partnership Act, 1932 (‘Partnership Act’) in the name and style of ‘D. P. Jewellers’, pursuant to a deed of partnership dated April 1, 2003 entered between Ratanlal Kataria and Anil Kataria. The name of the partnership firm ‘D.P. Jewellers’ was changed to ‘D. P. Abhushan’ and new partners were admitted pursuant to partnership deed dated February 14, 2017. ‘D.P. Abhushan’ was thereafter converted from partnership firm to Public Limited Company under Part I Chapter XXI of the Companies Act, 2013 with the name of ‘D. P. Abhushan’ and received a certificate of incorporation from the Registrar of Companies, Central Registration Centre, Manesar, Gurugram on May 2, 2017.
Business area of the Company:
The company is engaged in the retail business of various jewelleries and ornaments made out of gold, diamonds and platinum studded with precious and semi- precious stones. They sell a wide range of jewellery products in gold, diamond and platinum studded with precious and semi-precious stones such as rings, earrings, armlet, pendants, gajrahs, nose rings, bracelets, chains, necklaces, bangles and also make customized jewellery for weddings. They also offers many accessories such as brooch, belts, eye frames, pens, watches, buttons, cuff links, tie pins, etc having work of gold, diamond or other precious and semi precious stones. Their wide range of product offerings caters to diverse customer segments, from the high-end to mid-market and value market segments. Their portfolio consists of jewellery collections such as bridal, rajasthani, junagadhi, calcutti, polka, fine pearl and other antique jewellery items.
The manufacturing of jewellery products are done through job work from third parties. Further, they also purchase readymade jewellery from independent jewelers. They carry operations relating to quality control, inventory management and business development from their Corporate office located in Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh. They have also entered into an agreement dated May 05, 2015 with R.S. Diamonds Private Limited for sale of their diamond jewelleries under brand of ‘Divine Solitaires’ from their retail outlets.
The Company has also installed 5 wind turbine generators of 750 KW each in Village Bagia & Naveli, Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh in Sept.’12. In Jan.’13, the Company entered into an agreement with MPPMCL (M.P. Power Management Co. Ltd.) for exclusive sale of power, generated from wind turbine generators to MPPMCL. The Company has outsourced all operations and maintenance activities relating to wind turbines to a third party.
Major Milestones and Achievements of the Company:
- 2003: Started Business as Partnership Firm in the name of ‘D.P. Jewellers vide Partnership deed dated April 01, 2003 entered between Ratanlal Kataria and Anil Kataria from existing Showroom located in Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh.
- 2010: Opened Second Jewellery retail showroom in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- 2012: Opened Third Jewellery retail showroom in Udaipur, Rajasthan.
- 2012: Setup of 5 wind turbine generators of 750 KW each in Village Bagia & Naveli, Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh.
- 2015: Opened Fourth Jewellery retail showroom in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- 2016: Won ‘Best Bridal Jewellery of the year (Under Rs 15 lakhs)’ Award by IJ Jewellers.
- 2016: Won Madhya Pradesh Entrepreneur & Excellence Award Indore for ‘Trusted Brand of the year’.
- 2017: Name of the partnership firm ‘D.P. Jewellers’ changed to ‘D. P. Abhushan’.
- 2017: Conversion from partnership firm to Public Limited Company with the name of ‘D. P. Abhushan Limited’.
- 2017: Won ‘Best Promising Gems & Jewellery’ Award by Indian Bullion and Jewellers Association Ltd.
|Parent Organization||D.P. Abhushan Ltd.||Managing Director||Santosh Kataria|