|Market Cap||2,29,584 Cr||EPS||38.9||High||3575|
|Stock P/E||91.2||Net Profit Margin||5.1||Low||3486.05|
Avenue Supermarts Price chart
|Market Cap||2,29,584 Cr||ROE||11.6%|
|P/B Ratio||14.4||Dividend Yield||0.0%|
|Industry P/E||85.3||Book Value||246.6|
About the Company
Avenue Supermarts incorporated in year in 2002 is Mumbai based supermarket chain D-Mart. The company is among the largest and the most profitable F&G retailer in India. It offers a wide range of products with a focus on the Foods, Non-Foods (FMCG) and General Merchandise & Apparel product categories. It has many stores located across several cities in India. The company operates and manages all its stores. It also operates distribution centres and packing centres which form the backbone of the supply chain to support its retail store network.
Business area of the company
The company operates and manages all their stores. They operate predominantly on an ownership model (including long-term lease arrangements, where lease period is more than 30 years and the building is owned by it) rather than on a rental model. The company opens new stores using a cluster approach on the basis of adjacencies and focusing on an efficient supply chain, targeting densely-populated residential areas with a majority of lower-middle, middle and aspiring upper-middle class consumers. The company operates distribution centres and packing centres which form the backbone of the supply chain to support the retail store network.
The key product categories:
- Foods: Groceries, staples, processed foods, dairy, frozen products, beverages & confectionery and fruits & vegetables.
- Non Foods (FMCG): Home care products, personal care products, toiletries and other over-the-counter products.
- General Merchandise & Apparel: Bed & bath, toys & games, crockery, plastic goods, garments, footwear, utensils and home appliances.
Major events and milestones
- 2001: The Company was incorporated as Avenue Supermarts.
- 2003: The Company opened its first store in Powai, Mumbai.
- 2005: The Company entered into a scheme of amalgamation for transfer of undertakings of Koop Consumer Services, Amodini Real Estates and Shoppers Delight to the company.
- 2007: The Company opened its first store in Gujarat.2010 The store count of the Company increased to 25 stores and their audited consolidated revenues exceeded Rs 10,000 million.
- 2011: The Company opened stores in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
- 2012: The Company was converted from a private company to a public company and the name of the Company changed to Avenue Supermarts.
- 2012: The store count of their Company increased to 50 stores.
- 2014: The store count of their Company increased to 75 stores.
- 2015: The Company opened stores in Madhya Pradesh and Chattisgarh. The audited consolidated revenues of their Company exceeded Rs 50,000 million.
- 2016: The Company opened 21 stores, highest in any financial year. The store count of their Company increased to 110 and their consolidated revenues exceeded Rs 75,000 million.
- 2017 : The Company opened a store in the National Capital Region.
- 2018: The company has incorporated wholly owned subsidiary named ‘Reflect Wholesale and Retail’.
- 2020: The company converts two stores into fulfilment centres for e-commerce business.
|Parent Organisation||Avenue Supermarts Ltd.||Managing Director||Ignatius Navil Noronha|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|