About the Company
Deepak Nitrite began in 1970 with a vision to support the country’s drive towards self-sufficiency and import substitution. Ranked amongst Fortune Next 500 and 25 Top wealth creators by the prestigious Fortune India Magazine, Deepak Nitrite Limited (DNL) today is one of India's fastest-growing chemical intermediates companies with a diversified business of Basic Chemicals, Fine & Speciality and Performance Products. Further, it manufactures Phenol, Acetone & Iso-Propyl Alcohol through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Deepak Phenolics Limited.
Deepak Nitrite’s manufacturing facilities are located at Nandesari and Dahej in Gujarat, Roha and Taloja in Maharashtra, and Hyderabad in Telangana. Today, DNL caters to over hundreds of customers in many continents with various products.
Business area of the company
Deepak Nitrite manufactures chemical intermediates to serve the domestic and international market with high quality products made in a responsible and sustainable manner.
Diversified Product Portfolio
- Sodium Nitrite
- Sodium Nitrate
- Nitro Toluidines
- Fuel Additives
- Nitrosyl Sulphuric Acid
Fine & Speciality Chemicals
- Optical Brightening Agent (OBA)
- Isopropyl alcohol
Awards and recognitions
- The company was conferred with Corporate Social Responsibility Award 2015-16 in the category of Women Empowerment Private Sector Companies with turnover between Rs 201 Crores - Rs 3000 Crores by FICCI. Further, the Comprehensive Emergency Obstetric & Newborn Care (CEmONC) implemented in partnership with Govt. of Gujarat by Deepak Foundation under the CSR activities of the company has been awarded as the Best CSR project by Gujarat CSR authority for cohesive and strategic partnerships.
- FGI Recognition, 2018: Deepak Foundation was conferred with Certificate of Merit at the 15th Federation of Gujarat Industries (FGI) Awards for energetically engaging in CSR activities.
- Millennium Alliance Award, 2017: Conferred with the Millennium Alliance Round-4 Innovations Award 2016-17 for community-owned initiatives to secure food security in tribal areas.
- EHS Award: Deepak Nitrite Limited, Nandesari awarded by Gujarat Safety Council, Vadodara and DISH, Gujarat in two different categories for achieving Accident-free Man-hours. The plant has achieved 8.7 Million Safe Man-hours.
- GCSRA Award, 2017: Best CSR project for Cohesive & Strategic Partnerships under the large companies category - for Comprehensive Emergency Obstetric and Newborn Care (CEmONC) unit at Jabugam, implemented with the CSR support of Deepak Nitrite Ltd and in partnership with the Gujarat Government.
- ICC Award for Social Responsibility, 2017: Deepak Foundation conferred with the ICC Award For Social
Responsibility by the Indian Chemicals Council for promoting women empowerment in tribal areas of Chhota Udepur district in Gujarat.
- TATA group Recognition, 2018: Excellent Performance as Most Collaborative Partner, 2018 recognised by Rallis, A TATA Group Company.
- FICCI Chemicals & Petrochemicals Award, 2017: Mr. Deepak C. Mehta, CMD, honoured for his ‘Distinguished Contribution to Indian Chemicals Industry’.
- Gujarat’s Best Employer Brand Award: Honoured with “Gujarat Best Employer Brand Award” by World HRD Congress for using marketing communications effectively in attracting, retaining and developing talent and in retention policy.
- ET NOW TV: channel felicitated Deepak Nitrite as “Super Achievers 2017 - Making New India”.
- Star of Baroda Award: Bhaskar Group, a well-known media house in the country, awarded Deepak Nitrite Limited, the Star of Baroda Award for being the most Responsible Chemical Company in the country.
- Deepak Nitrite Limited makes to Fortune 500 exclusive club of Fortune India Magazine: Shri Maulik Mehta, Whole Time Director, DNL received felicitation of top 25 wealth creator under mid-size category on behalf of the comany from Shri Jayant Sinha, Hon. Union Minister of State for Civil Aviation and Shri Chaudhary Birendra Singh, Hon. Union Minister of Steel at Fortune 500 award ceremony.
- National Best Employer Brands 2018: At an event held at Taj Lands End, Mumbai, the Global Employer Branding Institute and World HRD Congress conferred Deepak Nitrite Limited with National Best Employer Brands 2018.
- Gujarat Brand Leadership Awards 2018: Deepak Foundation was felicitated with NGO Leadership Award at Gujarat Brand Leadership Awards 2018 for its valuable contribution towards the upliftment of the society. The award was conferred in presence of Dr. R.L. Bhatia, Founder of World CSR Day and World Sustainability Day at Radison Blu, Ahmedabad on September 27, 2018.
- Shram Award by Government of Gujarat: Marking Deepak Nitrite’s unwavering commitment toward employee health and safety, the Government of Gujarat conferred Shri Jaydeep Patel from HAS Plant, Shram Award on February 17, 2019.
- India’s Top 500 Companies: Deepak Nitrite Limited has been ranked, recognized, and profiled in Dun & Bradstreet’s list of India’s Top 500 Companies for the year 2020 publication as one of the leading companies in the Chemicals Sector.
- CFO100 Roll of Honour: Deepak Nitrite Limited’s Director- Finance and CFO, Sanjay Upadhyay honoured at 10th Annual CFO100 Roll of Honour. The CFO100 Programme annually recognises the top 100 senior finance professionals in India.
- Transformance: Best innovation in digital communication: Deepak Nitrite Limited (DNL) was conferred with “Best Innovation in Digital Communication” by Transformance forums for its digital campaigns and social media initiatives.
- Times Icon of Vadodara: Deepak Nitrite Limited (DNL) was conferred with Best Chemical Intermediates Company ‘Times Icon of Vadodara’ award by Times Internet Limited- a division of Times of India. Sanjay Upadhyay, Director - Finance & DFO from DNL received the award on behalf of the company. The award was presented by Femina Miss India World Suman Rao, the special guest at the event.
- Roll of Honour- Dalal Street Journal: Deepak Nitrite Limited’s CFO- Mr. Sanjay Upadhyay recognized as ‘Best CFO under Chemicals in Mid-Cap 2020’.
|Deepak Nitrite Ltd.
|Deepak C Mehta