Household & Personal Products
|Market Cap||99,777 Cr||EPS||8.1||High||567.5|
|Stock P/E||69.7||Net Profit Margin||15.6||Low||556.25|
Dabur India Price chart
|Market Cap||99,777 Cr||ROE||22.1%|
|P/B Ratio||16.5||Dividend Yield||0.9%|
|Industry P/E||62.6||Book Value||34.2|
About the Company
Dabur India Limited is a leading Indian consumer goods company with interests in Hair Care, Oral Care, Health Care, Skin Care, Home Care and Foods. Dabur's FMCG portfolio today includes five flagship brands with distinct brand identities - Dabur as the master brand for natural healthcare products, Vatika for premium personal care, Hajmola for digestives, Real for fruit juices and beverages and Fem for fairness bleaches and skin care products.
Business area of the company
The company is one of the leading fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) players dealing in consumer care and food products. It has manufacturing facilities across the length and breadth of the country and research and development center in Sahibabad, U.P and selling arrangements primarily in India through independent distributors. However, most of the institutional sales are handled directly by the Company.
- Dabur Chyawanprash
- Dabur Honey
- Dabur Glucose
- Dabur Immunity Kit
- Dabur Hajmola
- Pudin Hara
- Dabur Nature Care Regular
- Dabur Red Paste
- Dabur Meswak
- Dabur Babool
- Dabur Lal Dant Manjan
- Dabur Dant Rakshak Ayurvedic Paste
- Dabur Anmol Gold Coconut Oil
- Dabur Gulabari
- Oxy Bleach
- FEM Fairness Naturals Gold Bleach
OTC & Ethicals
- Cough & Cold
- Dabur Ashokarishta
- Dabur Lal Tail
- Dabur Lauhasava
- Dabur Amla Juice
- Almond Shampoo
- Vatika Health Shampoo
- Vatika Black Shine Shampoo
- Vatika Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- Real Activ 100% Juices
Guar Gum Products
- Dabur moves up 11 points, ranked 41 in Brand Finance India 100 list of Most valuable Companies
- Dabur bags 6 IndiaStar awards for Excellence in Packaging
- Dabur Ranked 44 In BT500 List of India's Most Valuable Companies
- Dabur promoter Burman Family ranked 16th in the latest Forbes India list of 100 Richest Indians
- Dabur ranked 25 in the list of Best Companies for CSR in India, according to the Economic Times
- Dabur's promoters, Burman family, ranked amongst Asia's Top 50 Business Clans, by Forbes Asia
- Dabur moves up 40 places to take 115th position in The BW Real 500 List of India's Largest Companies
- Dabur Chyawanprash Immune India School Challenge 2014 bags Black Dragon Order of Excellence at PMAA
- Dabur bags Best CSR Campaign of the Year Award for Sanifresh 700 se 7 Kadam
- Dabur named Outstanding Indian Company in US, by Indo-American Chamber of Commerce
- Dabur Among Delhi-NCR Top 50 Hot Brands
- Two manufacturing units of Dabur bag Gold Greentech Safety Award 2015 for outstanding achievements
- Dabur India Ltd Chief Executive Officer Mr. Sunil Duggal named Best CEO in FMCG Category for 2015
- Dabur bags AsiaStar 2015 award for excellence in packaging for PudinHara Pearls blister pack
- Dabur moves up 4 Places in Fortune India 500 List; ranked 163 in the list for 2015
- Dabur ranked 48 in BI Super 100 List for 2015
- Dabur Bags Greentech CSR Gold Award 2015 for its sanitation initiatives
- Dabur ranked 29 in the 2015 Best Indian Brands report, released by Interbrand India
- Dabur Hair Oil and Toothpaste in Top 100 Most Trusted Brands 2015 List, by Brand Equity
- Dabur awarded Good Corporate Citizen of the Year award by PHDCCI
- Dabur in Forbes’ list of India's Super 50 Companies
- Dabur Red Paste Dant Snan and Dabur Goonj bag bronze awards at WOW Asia Awards 2016
- Dabur named the Best Healthcare Brand in the Consumer Healthcare category by The Economic Times
- Dabur Gastrina's advertising campaign bagged four 'Pencils' at the One Show awards
- Dabur ranked Most Trusted Healthcare Brand in India
- Dabur bags two awards for market research for a research
- Dabur Ranked 33 in List Of Top Wealth Creators, by Dalal Street
- Dabur bags Outstanding Partnership Award-Asia
- Uttar Pradesh Government honours Dabur for its Community Health Care and Public Health initiatives
- Dabur ranked 115 in BS 1000 List
- Dabur India Ltd ranked 26 in the list of Best Indian Brand for 2016
- Dabur ranked Best Healthcare Brand in Alternative Medicines category, by WCRC magazine
- Dabur bags the prestigious BrandZ Award; Ranked amongst the Top 50 Most Valuable Indian Brands 2016
- Dabur moves up six places; ranked 39 in BT500 ranking of India's Most Valuable Companies for 2016
- Dabur bags AsiaStar 2016 Packaging Award for Dabur Ratnaprash
- Odomos campaign bags Silver Effies Award
- Dabur Toothpaste, Hajmola biggest gainers in Brand Equity Most Trusted Brands 2016 List
- Dabur ranked as a top brand in the Best Indian Brands 2016 league table, by Interbrand India
- Dabur India Ltd honoured with Zee Media Family Business Legacy Award
- Dabur India Ltd bags the award for Best Risk Management Practice in the FMCG category, by CNBC TV18
- Dabur ranked among the Iconic Brands of India 2017, by The Economic Times
- 1884: Birth of Dabur
- 1896: Setting up a manufacturing plant
- Early 1900s: Dabur enters the specialised area of nature-based Ayurvedic medicines , for which standardised drugs are not available in the market.
- 1919: Establishment of research laboratories
- 1920: Dabur expands further with new manufacturing units at Narendrapur and Daburgram. The distribution of Dabur products spreads to Bihar and the North-East.
- 1936: Dabur becomes a full-fledged company - Dabur India (Dr. S. K. Burman) Private Limited
- 1972: Dabur's operations shift to Delhi. A new manufacturing plant is set up in temporary premises in Faridabad on the outskirts of Delhi.
- 1979: Commercial production starts in the new Sahibabad factory of Dabur, one of the largest and best equipped production facilities for Ayurvedic medicines. Launch of full-fledged research operations in pioneering areas of health care with establishment of the Dabur Research & Development Centre (DRDC).
- 1986: Dabur becomes a Public Limited Company. Dabur India Ltd. comes into being after reverse merger with Vidogum Limited.
- 1992: Beginning a new chapter of strategic partnerships with international businesses, Dabur enters into a joint venture with Agrolimen of Spain. This new venture is to manufacture and market confectionery items in India.
- 1993: Dabur enters the specialised health care area of cancer treatment with its oncology formulation plant at Baddi in Himachal Pradesh.
- 1994: Dabur India Ltd. raises its first public issue. Due to market confidence in the Company, shares issued at a high premium are oversubscribed 21 times.
- 1995: Extending its global partnerships, Dabur enters into a Joint Venture (JV) with Osem of Israel for food and Bongrain of France for Cheese & other dairy products.
- 1996: For better operation and management, 3 separate divisions are created according to their product mix - Health Care, Products Division, Family Product Division & Dabur Ayurvedic Specialities Limited.
- 1997: Dabur enters full-scale in the nascent processed foods market with creation of a Foods Division. Project STARS (Strive to Achieve Record Successes) is initiated to give a jump-start to the Company and accelerate its growth performance.
- 1998: With changing demands of business and to inculcate a spirit of corporate governance, the Burman family inducts professional to manage the company. For the first time in the history of Dabur, a non family professional CEO sits at the helm of the company.
- 2000: Dabur establishes its market leadership status with a turnover of Rs.1,000 crore. From a small beginning and upholding the values of its founder, Dabur now enters the august league of large corporate businesses.
- 2003: Dabur India approved the demerger of its pharmaceuticals business from the FMCG business into a separate company as part of plans to provide greater focus to both the businesses.
- 2005: Dabur acquires Balsara
- 2005: Dabur announces Bonus after 12 years
- 2006: Dabur India crosses the $2 billion mark in market Capitalisation. The company also adopted US GAAP in the line with the commitment to follow Global Best Practices and adopt highest standards of transparency and governance.
- 2006: Moving forward on the inorganic growth path Dabur India decides to raise upto $200 million from the international market through bonds, FCCBs, GDR, ADR, QIPs or any other securities.
- 2007: Dabur India decides to merge its wholly owned subsidiary Dabur Foods Limited with itself to exact synergies and unlock operational efficiencies.
- 2008: Dabur India acquires Fem Care Pharma, a leading player in the women skin care market. Besides an entry into the high growth skin care market with an established brand named Fem, this transaction also offers Dabur a strong platform to enter newer product categories and markets.
- 2009: Dabur Red Paste becomes Dabur's 9th billion rupee brand by crossing the billion rupee turnover mark within 5 years of its launch.
- 2010: Dabur makes its first overseas acquisition
- 2011: Dabur enters professional skin care market
- 2011: Dabur India acquires 30-Plus from Ajanta Pharma
- 2012: Dabur crosses Billion-Dollar Turnover Mark
- 2013: Market Capitalisation crosses the $5-Billion mark.
- 2015: Brand Real, Vatika and Amla cross the Rs. 1,000-crore turnover mark.
- 2016: Dabur Gulabari and Dabur Lal Dant Manjan clock a turnover of Rs. 100 crore each.
- 2017: Dabur launches ready-to-drink Mocktails under Real
- 2018: Dabur Names Kriti Sanon as the New Brand Ambassador for FEM
- 2019: Dabur expands Ayurvedic Medicines portfolio with launch of 2 new products
- 2020: Dabur launches ‘Tulsi Drops’, a Natural Immunity Booster
|Parent Organisation||Dabur India Ltd.||Managing Director|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|