|Market Cap||7,945 Cr||EPS||14.9||High||194.4|
|Stock P/E||15.4||Net Profit Margin||7.4||Low||186.15|
|Market Cap||7,945 Cr||ROE||17.8%|
|P/B Ratio||2.6||Dividend Yield||0.4%|
|Industry P/E||66.7||Book Value||88.0|
About the Company
LT Foods Ltd, incorporated in 1990, as a private limited company is one of the country’s leading processor and exporter of packaged rice foods under the flagship brand “Daawat”. The brand is among the top players in the domestic branded Basmati Rice markets. The ‘Daawat’ brand has been a great success in international markets as well. When it all began about 30 years ago, nobody could have even dreamt that the small trading company that came into being as Lalchand Tirathram Mills could one day be on its way to become a leading global food company. In 1965, Bhikiwind, in a little village in Amritsar (Punjab, India); Raghunath Arora started a small trading company which grew from being a commissioning agent to a partnership firm by 1977, as Lalchand Tirathram Rice Mills.
In 1978 V K Arora joined the family business with his father, with a clear vision of taking his company to a global level. In 1980, the company started exporting Premium Rice. This was the first step towards making this vision a reality.
Simultaneously, the company decided to face the challenges in domestic markets by setting up a modern, state-of-the-art rice factory in Sonepat, Haryana in 1984. Unorganized players with inconsistent quality products were crowding the market. In this scenario, V K Arora felt the need to promote branded and packaged products. In line with this vision, the company started the business of milling, processing and marketing of branded basmati rice and manufacturing of rice food products in the domestic and overseas market.
Daawat came into being in the 1980s, and this resulted in a steep vertical ascent of the company’s growth in the 1990s. Further industry innovations followed with complete streamlining of the manufacturing process, removal of bottlenecks, and total modernization of rice manufacturing plant and machinery and its balancing capacity. Moving ahead of the market, V K Arora introduced 1kg and 5 kg packs of rice in the market, as per consumers’ requirements. Quality based procurement, state of the art milling plants, product quality and customer focus are a few things Daawat has always been known for.
To increase the acceptability of LT Overseas products globally, the company has taken the lead in implementing industry best manufacturing practices & obtaining internationally acclaimed certifications. LT Overseas (now LT Foods Ltd) was among the first few in the rice industry to obtain the ISO 9001-2000 certification. Presently LT Food has obtained certifications like HACCP, SQF, BRC, and Organic and EIC.
The company has a strong distribution network in all major basmati consuming cities in India with more than a hundred distributors in each state. L T Overseas has also made inroads into more than 50 countries across the globe including markets like USA, Canada, UK , EU, middle east and Africa.
Product range of the company includes:
- Dawat: LT Foods Ltd. is one of the country’s leading processor and exporter of packaged rice foods under the flagship brand “Daawat”. The brand is among the top players in the domestic branded Basmati Rice markets. ‘The Daawat’ brand has been a great success in international markets as well. Quality based procurement, state of the art milling plants, product quality and customer focus are a few things Daawat has always been known for.
- Heritage: Heritage Basmati as a brand already made its presence felt for more than a decade, its not just another product of LT Overseas Ltd. but is also one of the trusted brands in the industry since years.
- Orange:It is long grain rice which is suitable for the daily needs of households. This is very popular among the diverse population across geography.
Subsidiaries of the company
- Daawat Foods (P) Limited The wholly owned subsidiary of LT Foods Ltd (formerly known as LT Overseas Ltd) was set up with state of art technology, milling unit in Mandideep, Bhopal, for production of parboiled rice. Rice processed here will cater to the institutions and requirement of Middle East market as well. The company has made investment of Rs 23.50 crore in this subsidiaries.
- Nature Bio Foods Limited The company recognized that organic food is future of the world and in the same direction, company initiated steps few years back. For the same, the wholly owned subsidiary of the company was incorporated to cater the need of organic market which is approximately a market of $22 billion world wide and growing with the peace of 10%.
- Staple Distribution Company Ltd. Looking at the potential and boom in retail business, Staple Distribution Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of the company has been incorporated during the year to play and establish itself as a backend player for Modern retail.
- LT International Limited LT International Ltd., a subsidiary of the company is engaged in trading of varied merchandise.
- Kusha Inc. Kusha Inc. is the largest distribution company in US with the brand name “Royal” and the said company has been acquired in December 2007 by LTO North America Inc.- a wholly owned subsidiary of LT Foods Limited. This acquisition has increased their market share from 7% to 52% appx in the US market.
- LT Foods North America Inc. LT Foods North America Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary has been formed in California, to capture market share as well as to strengthen their presence in U.S.
- Sona Global Limited & Nice International FZE Middle east market has a potential and to capture market share and strengthen their presence Sona Global Limited Dubai and its subsidiary Nice International FZE, Dubai were formed and these are engaged in trading of rice and rice products in the Middle East
Milestones & Achievements:
2007-08 Staple Distribution Company launched in domestic market to cater to the demands of modern retail.
State of the art plant set up in the Mandideep, Bhopal (MP.)
Acquired a top US Company, Kusha Inc; Kusha's brand, Royal is among the top 20 US brands: Company's share of the US market goes upto 52%.
2006-07 Inauguration of Silos Complex
Increase in capacity from 18 MTPH to 27 MTPH
2005-06 Awarded Udyog Ratna by PHD chamber of commerce and industry presented by Shri Bhupinder Singh Hooda Chief Minister , Haryana for valuable contribution to Economic Development of Haryana
2004-05 India Star Award from India Institute pf Packaging.
Enhanced the capacity in Bahalgarh unit from 10TPH to 12 TPH , making the owned capacity to 18 MTPN.2003-04
Award from APEDA for export promotion and quality development of Basmati rice
2002-03 Received the right to use APEDA certification mark Quality products of India for export
Enhanced the capacity in Bahalgarh unit TPH to 10 TPH , making the total capacity to 16 MTPH2001-02
Registered and launched the brand Daawat in Canada
Obtained ISO 9000:2000 certification
Obtained HACCP certification of SQF (Safe Quality Food)20000CM for comprehensive food safety and Quality management systems
2000-01 Started the processing facility at Bahalgharh Unit of 4 TPH
Registered and launched the brand Daawat in Australia
1999-2000 Recognised as Star Trading House by Government of India
Registered and launched the brand Daawat in Mauritius Saudi Arabia and New Zealand
1998-99 Took over the business of Lal Chand Tirath Ram Rice Mill having capacity of 6 TPH1997-98
Awarded APEDA Export award for outstanding contribution to promotion of agricultural and processed food products during the year 1996-97
1995-96 Certificate of merit was awarded by APEDA for Significant contribution in the export of India long grain rice
Registered the brand Dawat in united States of America
1994-95 Set up own milling capacity
1993-94 Converted into a public Limited Company
1990-91 Incorporation of our company as a Private limited company
|Parent Organization||LT Foods Ltd.||Managing Director||Vijay Kumar Arora|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|