About the Company
Craftsman Automation is a diversified engineering company with vertically integrated manufacturing capabilities, engaged in three business segments, namely powertrain and other products for the automotive segment (Automotive -Powertrain and Others), aluminium products for the automotive segment (Automotive - Aluminium Products), and industrial and engineering products segment (Industrial and Engineering). It is the largest player involved in the machining of cylinder blocks and cylinder heads in the intermediate, medium and heavy commercial vehicles segment as well as in the construction equipment industry in India. It is among the top three-four component players with respect to machining of cylinder block for the tractor segment in India. It is present across the entire value chain in the Automotive-Aluminium Products segment, providing diverse products and solutions. Its strong in-house engineering and design capabilities help it offer comprehensive solutions and products to its long standing domestic and international customers in each of the segments in which it operates.
The company’s comprehensive solutions include design, process engineering and manufacturing including foundry, heat treatment, fabrication, machining and assembly facilities. Its core competence in machining and assembly of industrial and engineering products has helped it to first establish itself as a significant player in the Automotive - Powertrain and Others segment. Its key products in this segment are highly engineered and include engine parts such as cylinder blocks and cylinder heads, camshafts, transmission parts, gear box housings, turbo chargers and bearing caps. The end users for its products include OEMs producing commercial vehicles, special utility vehicle, tractors and off-highway vehicles. Additionally, it also provides machining services within its Automotive - Powertrain and Others segment. Over the years, it has been instrumental in import substitution for critical powertrain parts.
Business area of the company
The company is a diversified engineering company engaged in: (a) Automotive - Powertrain and Others, (b) Automotive - Aluminium Products, and (c) Industrial and Engineering segments.
Major events in the history of company
- 1986: The company was incorporated as Craftsman Automation Private Limited.
- 2001: Commissioned aluminium foundry unit at Kurichi, Coimbatore.
- 2005: Commissioned a satellite unit in Pithampur.
- 2005: Obtained ISO 9001: 2000 and ISO/TS 16949:2002 registration certification.
- 2007: Commissioned satellite unit in Chennai and Jamshedpur.
- 2007: Commenced joint ventures with Carl Stahl and Mitsubishi.
- 2007: Obtained ‘Star Export House’ registration certificate.
- 2008: Incorporated its Subsidiaries i.e. Craftsman Europe B.V. (formerly known as Craftsman Marine B.V.) and Craftsman Automation Singapore Pte. Ltd.
- 2010: Commissioned satellite units Sriperumpudur near Chennai.
- 2011: Commissioned satellite units in Pune and Faridabad.
- 2012: Set up storage solutions in Arasur, Coimbatore.
- 2014: Commissioned second satellite unit in Pune.
- 2015: Set up technology division in Bengaluru.
- 2015: Commissioned aluminium sand foundry, HPDC and LPDC in Arasur, Coimbatore.
- 2016: Commissioned railway and camshaft business in Arasur, Coimbatore.
- 2016: Commissioned HPDC facility at Bengaluru.
- 2017: Commissioned machining services in Bengaluru.
- 2018: The company was converted into public limited company and the name of the Company was changed to “Craftsman Automation Limited”.
- 2019: Commissioned third satellite unit in Pune and second satellite units in Bengaluru and Faridabad.
- 2019: Malumichampatti unit-5 shifted to Arasur unit-3.
- 2020: Initiated winding up process of company’s Subsidiary, Craftsman Automation Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Awards and Accreditations:
- 2005: Received the “Star Performer Award” in bearings, gears, gearing and driving elements & parts (medium enterprise) from EEPC India.
- 2009: Received “Star Performer Award” in bearings, gears, gearing and driving elements & parts (large enterprise) from EEPC India.
- 2011: Received “Star Performer Award” for miscellaneous general purpose machinery (large enterprise) from EEPC India.
- 2011: Received “Best Quality Performance Award (Auto Division)” from Mahindra & Mahindra Limited.
- 2011: Received “Certificate of Recognition for Quality” from GE.
- 2012: Received “Sanjeevani Award in Farm Division” from Mahindra & Mahindra Limited.
- 2012: Received “Excellent Supplier Award” from Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Printing & Packaging Machinery Limited.
- 2013: Received “President Award in Auto Division” from Mahindra & Mahindra Limited.
- 2014: Received “Certificate of Excellence” for “Best Supplier - Quality 2013” by GE.
- 2016: Received “Supply Chain Transformation Award” by Cummins.
- 2017: Received “Certificate of Appreciation” for outstanding support as strategic supplier partner from GE Energy Connections.
- 2017: Received “India Direct Supplier of the Year Award” from Cummins.
- 2017: Received “Recognition for long-standing association” by Royal Enfield.
- 2018: Received “Appreciation for Best Overall Performance Award” by Siemens.
- 2019: Received “Award for Quality” from Tata Motors at Annual Supplier Conference 2018.
- 2019: Received “Award for Best Quality” from Escorts group at Suppliers Meet 2018.
- 2019: Received “Recognition of Supply Chain Partnership” by Royal Enfield at Supplier Meet 2018.
- 2019: Received “Certificate of Appreciation” for persistent efforts in maintaining higher levels of capability and performance and being in Quad A for quarter 3 of Fiscal 2019 by Ashok Leyland.
- 2020: Received “Best Product Development Performance - Furio” at Mahindra Supplier Excellence Awards.
- 2020: Received “Quality Excellence Award” at TATA Motors Annual Supplier Conference 2019.
- 2020: Received “Quality Excellence Award” at GE India Supplier Conference.
- 2020: Received “Annual Supplier Conference Award” by JCB.
- 2020: Received recognition award from the Principal Commissioner of GST & Central Excise Coimbatore.
- 2021: Received “Certificate of Appreciation” from Siemens for zero defect quality culture and qualification for “Gold” category for performance in Fiscal 2020.
|Parent Organization||Craftsman Automation Ltd.||Managing Director||Srinivasan Ravi|