About the Company
CMI Ltd was incorporated on June 22, 1967, was originally promoted by Late Shantilal M. Choudhari under the name of Choudhari Metal Industries Pvt Ltd. The company's name was changed to CMI Pvt Ltd. with effect from November 7, 1985. The company was subsequently converted into a Deemed Public Company on June 15, 1988 and subsequently the company passed the special resolutions at the Extra Ordinary General Meeting held April 10, 1992, for deleting the restrictive clauses of section 3(1)(iii) of the Act. As such, the company became a Public Limited Company within the meaning of Section 3(1) (iv) of the Act.
The company commenced business in 1969 as a copper trading company and in early seventies started wire drawing of non-ferrous metals especially copper. In 1980, CMI diversified its activities by setting up facilities for the manufacture of Dry Core Telecommunication Cables. The company over the period shifted emphasis from copper trading to cable manufacture where value addition was higher. With the aid of its in-house research and development, the company started the manufacture of Fire Resistant Low Smoke Cables, Instrumentation cables, Control cables and in 1990, commenced the production of JFTC.
Over the span of 25 years, CMI has supplied its product(s) to reputed Private and Public Sector Organizations like Department of Telecommunications (DoT), Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd., State Electricity Boards, Engineers India Ltd., TISCO, Indian Railways, TELCO Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd., L & T, Reliance, Gujarat State Fertilizers Corporation etc. JFTC has been supplied to Indian Railways, Gas Authority of India Ltd., TELCO, Tata Telecom and other reputed companies.
CMI is an ISO 9001 Company enjoying the goodwill of the market and customer. The ISO Certificate was awarded in the year 1998-1999.
- LT PVC/XLPE Power Cu./AI. conductor Cables with FRLS/LSZH properties
- LT PVC/XLPE Control Cables with FRLS/LSZH properties
- FRLS/ LSZH Control and Instrumentation Cables
- Thermocouple Compensating and Extension Cables
- Shielded, Braided, Individual / Overall Instrumentation Cables with FRLS/LSZH properties
- FRLS/FR/HR/HFFR/HOFR/RUBBER-Power, Control and Instrumentation Cables
- L. T. Aerial Bunched Cables
- Railway Signaling Cable and Axle Counter Quad Cables for Railway
- Jelly Filled telecom Cables
- Pulse Code Modulated Cables (PCM)
- Computer Cables
- Coaxial Cables
- Submersible Cables
- House Wiring Cables
- Automobile Wiring
- PTFE Insulated Cable.
|Parent Organization||CMI Ltd.||Managing Director||Amit Jain|