About the Company
Clean Science and Technology is among the few companies globally focused entirely on developing newer technologies using in-house catalytic processes, which are eco-friendly and cost competitive. This has enabled company to emerge as the largest manufacturer globally of certain specialty chemicals in terms of installed manufacturing capacities as of March 31, 2021. The company’s continued focus on product identification, process innovation, catalyst development, significant scale of operations as well as its measures towards strategic backward integration have all contributed to its success as one of the fastest growing and among the most profitable specialty chemical companies globally.
The company manufactures functionally critical specialty chemicals such as Performance Chemicals (i.e. MEHQ, BHA and AP), Pharmaceutical Intermediates (i.e. Guaiacol and DCC), and FMCG Chemicals (i.e. 4-MAP and Anisole). The company’s specialty chemicals have a wide range of applications that cater to a diverse base of customers across industries. Its customers include manufacturers and distributors in India as well as other regulated international markets including China, Europe, the United States of America, Taiwan, Korea, and Japan. In Fiscal 2021, revenue from operations for sales outside India represented 67.86% of its total revenue from operations, respectively. It has two certified production facilities in India strategically located at Kurkumbh (Maharashtra), in close proximity to the JNPT port from where it exports majority of its products.
Business area of the company
The company is among the leading companies in India to have commercialized use of environment-friendly processes to manufacture certain specialty chemicals, at global capacities.
Awards, accreditations and recognitions
- 2018: First award in L-I - Basic Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals and Cosmetic Products category for export performance in the year 2015-16 and felicitation with memento and certificate of honour by the Directorate of Industries, Government of Maharashtra.
- 2019: Winner of SME Elite Jury Round conducted by the ICICI Bank.
- 2019: Felicitated with memento and certificate of honour in LSI- Basic Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals and Cosmetic Products category for export performance in the year 2016-17 by the Directorate of Industries, Government of Maharashtra.
- 2019: Felicitated with the Company of the Year - Chemical award by Zee Business Dare to Dream Awards, Season 2.
Major events and milestones
- 2009: Commenced manufacturing MEHQ and Guaiacol.
- 2010: Commenced original cycle start date for Quality Management System and Environmental Management System for ISO certification.
- 2011: Commenced manufacturing 4 MAP.
- 2014: Commenced manufacturing BHA.
- 2016: Entered into a memorandum of understanding with the Government of Maharashtra whereby the Government of Maharashtra will facilitate in obtaining necessary permissions/ registrations/ approvals/ clearances/ fiscal incentives from the concerned departments to enable investment of Rs 807.40 million in Maharashtra in a time bound manner.
- 2017: Commenced manufacturing Anisole.
- 2019: Commenced manufacturing AP.
- 2020: Commenced manufacturing DCC.
- 2021: Allotment of land admeasuring 67,053 sq mts in the ADDL Kurkumbh (Patas) Industrial Area.
|Parent Organization||Clean Science And Technology Ltd.||Managing Director||Ashok Ramnarayan Boob|