About the Company
The company was incorporated as ‘Computer Age Management Services Private Limited’ on May 25, 1988 at Madras, Tamil Nadu as a private limited company under the Companies Act, 1956, and was granted the certificate of incorporation by the Registrar of Companies, Tamil Nadu at Chennai (RoC). The company became a deemed public limited company under section 43A of Companies Act, 1956 on April 15, 2000 and the name of the company was changed to ‘Computer Age Management Services Limited’ and the certificate of incorporation of the company was endorsed by the RoC to that effect. The company became a private limited company, pursuant to Section 43A (2A) of Companies Act, 1956 with effect from March 29, 2001 and the name of the company was changed back to ‘Computer Age Management Services Private Limited’. The certificate of incorporation of the company was again endorsed by the RoC to that effect. Subsequently, the company was converted from a private limited company to a public limited company, pursuant to a special resolution passed by the company Shareholders at the EGM held on September 9, 2019 and the name of the company was changed to Computer Age Management Services Limited (CAMS). Consequently, a fresh certificate of incorporation was issued by the RoC on September 27, 2019.
CAMS is a technology driven financial infrastructure and services provider to Mutual Funds and other financial institutions for over two decades. The company also provides technology enabled service solutions to Alternative Investment Funds and Insurance Companies. Besides serving as a B2B service partner. It also serves customers through a variety of touch points such as pan-India network of service centres, white label call centre, online, mobile app and chatbot.
Business area of the company
The company is a technology-driven financial infrastructure and services provider to mutual funds and other financial institutions with over two decades of experience. With the initiative of creating an end-to-end value chain of services, the company has grown its service offerings and currently provide a comprehensive portfolio of technology based services, such as transaction origination interface, transaction execution, payment, settlement and reconciliation, dividend processing, investor interface, record keeping, report generation, intermediary empanelment and brokerage computation and compliance related services, through its pan-India network to its mutual fund clients, distributors and investors. It also provides certain services to alternative investment funds, insurance companies, banks and non-banking finance companies. The nature of company’s services to mutual funds spans multiple facets of their relationship with their investors, distributors and regulators. By providing a range of services, it plays an important role in developing and maintaining its clients’ market perception.
Service Solutions for Businesses
- Mutual Funds
- Loan Against Mutual Funds
- AIF & PMS
- Account Aggregator
- Central Recordkeeping Agency
- KYC Services
- Insurance Companies
Awards, accreditations and recognitions:
- 2015: The company was awarded ‘Best App’ for ‘myCAMS’ app under finance category at the Global Mobile App Summit and Awards.
- 2016: The company was awarded SME Business Excellence Awards in mid-corporate IT and IT-enabled services category by Dun and Bradstreet and RBL Bank.
- 2016: The company was awarded ‘Best App’ for ‘myCAMS’ app under finance category at the Global Mobile App Summit and Awards.
- 2017: The company was awarded ‘Best use of digital media/platform’ in the mutual fund category for ‘myCAMS’ app at the Drivers of Digital Awards.
- 2017: The company was awarded ‘Best App’ for ‘myCAMS’ app under finance category at the Global Mobile App Summit and Awards.
- 2018: The company was awarded ‘Special Mention for Use of Digital Media in the Mutual Fund Category’ for ‘GoCorp’ app at the Drivers of Digital Awards 2018.
- 2018: The company was awarded ‘Best Application of Technology’ for ‘myCAMS’ app at 4th edition of CX Strategy Summit and Awards.
- 2019: The company was awarded ‘Highly Commended - Harnessing the Power of Technology’ at the Adam Smith Awards Asia 2019.
- 2021: Finnoviti Award 2021 - CAMSPay for their Solution & Innovation.
Major events and milestones:
- 1988: The company was incorporated as Computer Age Management Services and received a certificate of incorporation from the RoC on May 25, 1988.
- 1993: The company was issued a certificate of registration as a Registrar to an Issue under category II, dated December 24, 1993 by SEBI.
- 1995: The certificate of registration was issued to the company was upgraded and a fresh certificate of registration as Registrar to an Issue and Share Transfer Agent under category I, dated July 22, 1995, was issued by SEBI to the company.
- 2006: The company was issued a certificate of registration dated June 1, 2006 by SEBI to act as a depository participant for NSDL.
- 2007 The company was issued a certificate of registration dated January 31, 2007 by SEBI to act as a depository participant for CDSL.
- 2011: CIRSL was incorporated on May 12, 2011.
- 2011: CIRSL had received in-principle approval of IRDAI to carry on business as an insurance repository.
- 2012: CISPL was incorporated on February 13, 2012.
- 2012: CISPL was issued a certificate of registration dated June 29, 2012 to carry on the business as a KRA.
- 2013: CIRSL was issued a certificate of registration dated July 31, 2013 by IRDAI to carry on the business as an insurance repository.
- 2013: The company acquired 100% stake in SSPL, which provides technology support to the company.
- 2016: CFISPL was incorporated on September 26, 2016.
- 2018: Great Terrain acquired 37.50% stake in the company.
- 2019: The company was converted into a public limited Company and received a fresh certificate of incorporation from the RoC on September 27, 2019.
- 2019: Great Terrain acquired 6.03% stake in the company.
- 2020: Appointed as registrar to issue and transfer agent by Franklin Templeton Asset Management (India) Private Limited.
- 2020: Receipt of account aggregator license by CFISPL.
- 2020: Launch of Recon Dynamix platform.
- 2021: CAMS became the Registrar and Transfer Agent for Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund.
- 2021: CAMS Financial information services - Account Aggregator activities were launched.
- 2022: CAMS signed definitive agreements for acquiring controlling stake in Fintuple.
- 2022: Launch of Central Recordkeeping Agency services for National Pension System.
|Parent Organisation||Computer Age Management Services Ltd.||Managing Director||Anuj Kumar|