About the Company
Established by Nowrosjee Wadia in 1879 as a small operation of Indian spun cotton yarn dip dyed by hand, Bombay Dyeing has now grown to be one of the most respected and trusted brands in the country.
Since the first store in 1879 and the only store manager, the growth has not only been in the company’s presence, but also in of how much it offers today. Stylish linens, towels, home furnishings, leisure clothing, kids wear and a whole blissful range of other products are now available across many exclusive Bombay Dyeing Retail or various Multi-brand stores.
All products come with our hallmark finish, great textures, detailed design to match the latest trends and fine quality which has been synonymous with Bombay Dyeing for over a century. Delivering the bet designer products at an outstanding value for money has always been our motto and forte.
Business area of the company
The company has a significant presence across textiles, real estate, aviation, foods and plantations, engineering & chemicals and healthcare. BDMC is engaged in home textiles, polyester and real estate business.
Awards and recognitions
- 2005: Home and Lifestyle award for Retailer of the year 2005 award, instituted by ICICI bank Payment Solutions and KSA Technopak.
- 2006: Images fashion award for Best Brand in the Home Fashion Category.
- 2006-07: Super Brand award for recognition of its commitment to constantly providing value to the customer.
- 2013: Brand leadership award for the brand that has established and maintained its Leadership in the retail sector.
- 2013: Brand revitalization award for the Brand that has been able to refresh its image to a new one and which has been accepted by veiwers and consumers alike.
- 2013: Textile Conclave Largest domestic brand in made ups & Home Textile.
- 2018: Awarded 'Asia's Most Trusted Company 2018' in the category - Asia's most trusted Home decor Products Manufacturing Company.
- 2019: Awarded 'India's Most Trusted Brand 2019' in the category - India's most trusted Home Decor Products Brand.
|Parent Organization||Bombay Dyeing And Manufacturing Company Ltd.||Managing Director|