|Market Cap||9,710 Cr||EPS||5.0||High||1264.95|
|Stock P/E||253.6||Net Profit Margin||2.5||Low||1240|
|Market Cap||9,710 Cr||ROE||0.8%|
|P/B Ratio||1.9||Dividend Yield||0.2%|
|Industry P/E||40.0||Book Value||664.8|
About the Company
Birla Corporation Limited is the flagship Company of the M.P. Birla Group. Incorporated as Birla Jute Manufacturing Company Limited in 1919, it was Late Mr. Madhav Prasad Birla who gave shape to it. As Chairman of the Company, he transformed it from a manufacturer of jute goods to a leading multi-product corporation with widespread activities. Under the Chairmanship of Mrs. Priyamvada Birla, the Company crossed the Rs. 1,300 - crore turnover mark and the name was changed to Birla Corporation Limited in 1998.
After the demise of Mrs. Priyamvada Birla, the Company continued to consolidate in terms of profitability, competitiveness and growth under the leadership of Mr. Rajendra S. Lodha, late Chairman of the M.P. Birla Group. Under his leadership, the Company posted its best ever results in the years ended 31.3.2006, 31.3.2007 and 31.3.2008. The Company continued to record impressive growth in 2008-09 and 2009-10.
Business area of the company
The company is primarily engaged in the manufacturing of cement as its core business activity. It has significant presence in the jute goods industry as well.
Awards and recognition
- Company’s Cement Unit: Chanderia Cement Works has received “Certificate of Excellence” in maintaining harmonious employer and employee relation, effective productivity levels and Corporate Social Responsibility by the Employers’ Association of Rajasthan, Jaipur.
- The Chanderia Unit has been awarded the Certificate of Appreciation by the Department of Women & Child Development, Govt. of Rajasthan, Chanderia for its significant contribution in the field of “BAL VIKAS PROJECTS” (Rural).
- The Durgapur Unit of the Company has received “QCFI Best Private Sector Organization” award during the year and also received “Excellence” award “5-S” team at the Galaxy 31st National Convention on Quality Concept organised by QCFI.
- Birla Jute Mills, Birlapur has got recognition for sincere efforts & superior performance of vendors of jute bags for coffee packing from Tata Coffee Limited.
- The Satna Unit has won CSR Platinum Award.
- The Durgapur Unit has received Excellence award from National Convention on Quality Concepts, Gwalior.
- Chanderia Unit has received Award from Quality Circle Forum of India, Hyderabad, for various initiatives undertaken by the Unit in the areas of environment.
- Chanderia Unit has received Award in the field of Environment Excellent and Best Practices in Cement Sector by Apex India Foundation, New Delhi.
- Satna Unit of the Company won CSR Platinum Award 2019.
- Durgapur Unit received one Gold award and two Silver awards at Quality Circle, Durgapur Chapter Convention.
- Chanderia Unit received 2nd Award For fly ash utilization during “fly ash utilization conference 2020” by Mission Energy Foundation in February, 2020.
Chanderia Unit received Rajasthan Energy Conservation Award - 2019 under cement category for excellent efforts in energy conservation by Government Energy Department, Jaipur in December, 2019.
- Chanderia Unit received Power Plant Performance Award under category LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD for prolong continuous efforts in NTPP and WHRS presented by M/s. Mission Energy at Delhi on 28th June, 2019.
- Chanderia Unit received BHAMASHAH Award - 2019 for effective contribution in the field of education under CSR Presented by District Administration, Chittorgarh.
- Chanderia Unit received Birla Cement Works, Chanderia has received the award with “Shiksha Shree” for the support provided to Govt. Education under CSR.
History and milestones
- 1919: Foundation of Birla Jute Mills, Birlapur, the only Indian-owned jute mill to have completed 100 years.
- 1957: Foundation of Satna Cement Works. Birthplace of Samrat Cement.
- 1967: Foundation of Birla Cement Works. Chanderia Cement Works joined ranks soon after.
- 1974: Foundation of Durgapur Cement Works. Durga Hi-Tech followed.
- 1998: Foundation of Raebareli Cement Works followed by Raebareli Hi-Tech Cement Works.
- 2016: Acquisition of RCCPL in Maihar, Kundanganj & Butibori, taking footprints of BCL across 12 states, with a capacity of 15.5 MTPA.
- 2016: Launch of MP Birla Cement brand identity, and new MP Birla Group logo.
- 2018: Celebrating 100 years of Syt. Madhav Prasadji Birla.
- 2019: Completion of 100 years with pathbreaking performance.
|Parent Organization||Birla Corporation Ltd.||Managing Director||Sandip Ghose|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|